PDA

View Full Version : So CBS Sports has filed a FOIA request for the 2nd/amended NOA

DancingRabbit
03-04-2017, 01:47 AM
Glad the national media is in the game.

Any lawyer types here that know how OM gets away with thumbing their nose at the FOIA law?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/inside-college-football-hugh-freeze-faces-an-issue-calipari-carroll-avoided/

starkvegasdawg
03-04-2017, 02:18 AM
They have it delivered straight to their lawyer's office. Tsun says they don't have it and lawyer claims attorney/client privilege.

Leroy Jenkins
03-04-2017, 02:24 AM
And Rosie filed for "the tape"...

wasabaka
03-04-2017, 06:11 AM
There is no presumption here Calipari or Carroll was guilty. Freeze’s name apparently doesn’t appear in specific allegations either but more than his reputation may be on the line.

Why do people continue to propagate this misinformation? Do these writers not even read the first NOA when researching their stories?

Bully13
03-04-2017, 06:25 AM
If cbs successfully pulls this off, wouldn't that be an embarrassment for the CL?

1bigdawg
03-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Could someone tweet Dennis Dodd and let him know that Freeze was named in the first NOA, (Allegation 8, Section e) for attending a meeting with a recruit and booster. These writers apparently don't take the time to read the actual NOA that is public and seem to think Freeze is only guilty of being the head coach when a violation occurred. See https://www.scribd.com/doc/314012816/NCAA-Notice-of-Allegations-Ole-Miss.

defiantdog
03-04-2017, 09:17 AM
They have it delivered straight to their lawyer's office. Tsun says they don't have it and lawyer claims attorney/client privilege.
It doesn't work that way in this situation. The NCAA is strong handing OM to follow the cooperative principle since there are facts of infractions against the university already. If they fail to do so, then more infractions will be placed on them.

Spiderman
03-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Why do people continue to propagate this misinformation? Do these writers not even read the first NOA when researching their stories?

That's what i want to know. it's there in black and white.

Also being over looked, although not in the LOA's but in sworn testimony in a court of law by Tunsil's MOTHER, that football staff came to move her in a truck after she called the football office. Freeze HAD to be the one that sent them or at the least was told about it.

People , including Rosie have said that would be minor, but I disagree, it shows a pattern of institutional cheating , and I don't think the violation itself would be considered minor.

Spiderman
03-04-2017, 09:30 AM
It doesn't work that way in this situation. The NCAA is strong handing OM to follow the cooperative principle since there are facts of infractions against the university already. If they fail to do so, then more infractions will be placed on them.

Bjork, Vitter and Freeze have read it. I guarantee a copy of some sort was/ is on that campus.

The culture of corruption continues.

SailingDawg
03-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Why can't the media as for a copy from the NCAA?

Uncivilengineer
03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
I believe because the NCAA is not a public entity like a public university would be.

Brahmabull
03-04-2017, 11:08 AM
I would think because they read from it in their hostage video that they could have a hard time not complying this go around. They can't claim only the lawyers have seen.

Mimi's Babies
03-04-2017, 12:19 PM

If a circuit judge issues a subpoena and a university REFUSED to answer this 7 years ago and THEN a Federal Judge issued a subpoena and the same university REFUSED to answer this 3 years ago..... (the people are still waiting).... Typical OM attorneys.... nothing new..
What would make one think that the "outside" attorneys for OM would release this information.... they are ALL OM grads...

Jack Lambert
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM
If cbs successfully pulls this off, wouldn't that be an embarrassment for the CL?
CBS will get it done. They are not an Allie.

lamont
03-04-2017, 12:59 PM
OM is getting a lot more push this time. They gonna have to release it before they want.

coachnorm
03-04-2017, 03:07 PM

The NCAA can not be trusted. Just download and read from the Todd McNair lawsuit transcripts against the NCAA. It took a Court Action to get the truth exposed about the Todd McNair and USC sanctions.

defiantdog
03-04-2017, 03:49 PM
If a circuit judge issues a subpoena and a university REFUSED to answer this 7 years ago and THEN a Federal Judge issued a subpoena and the same university REFUSED to answer this 3 years ago..... (the people are still waiting).... Typical OM attorneys.... nothing new..
What would make one think that the "outside" attorneys for OM would release this information.... they are ALL OM grads...

The majority of the attorneys representing OM at lightfoot are Bama grads.

bulldawg28
03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
The NCAA can not be trusted. Just download and read from the Todd McNair lawsuit transcripts against the NCAA. It took a Court Action to get the truth exposed about the Todd McNair and USC sanctions.

What?

codeDawg
03-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Here is his tweet promoting the article. Feel free to retweet and reply. It's always good for articles highlighting their issues to get more attention.

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/837801802510831617

Mimi's Babies
03-04-2017, 07:54 PM
The majority of the attorneys representing OM at lightfoot are Bama grads.

The ones in Jackson are OM grads.... Free.... and others were seen leaving the largest law firm.... in January....

It should also be known that all of the attorneys at the universities work for the Attorney General.... and are planted at the universities....

????? Could a request be sent to the MS Attorney General's office for a ruling on OM not following the state and the university policy concerning request for information....

OM University Policy.... http://mcfoi.blog.olemiss.edu/mcfoi-handbook/public-records/public-records-act-v-procedure-for-obtaining-records/

One may also consider sending the Request for Information to IHL.....

dawgoneyall
03-04-2017, 09:03 PM
OM is getting a lot more push this time. They gonna have to release it before they want.

The client in this case is a public institution. The lawyer/client status doesn't apply.
Only an OM judge would think so.

yjnkdawg
03-04-2017, 11:14 PM
The ones in Jackson are OM grads.... Free.... and others were seen leaving the largest law firm.... in January....

It should also be known that all of the attorneys at the universities work for the Attorney General.... and are planted at the universities....

????? Could a request be sent to the MS Attorney General's office for a ruling on OM not following the state and the university policy concerning request for information....

OM University Policy.... http://mcfoi.blog.olemiss.edu/mcfoi-handbook/public-records/public-records-act-v-procedure-for-obtaining-records/

(http://mcfoi.blog.olemiss.edu/mcfoi-handbook/public-records/public-records-act-v-procedure-for-obtaining-records/)

One may also consider sending the Request for Information to IHL.....

I'm pretty sure, the person filing the request for MS Public Records through the MS Public Records Act would have to go through the procedures as so stated in the act, if they were not satisfied with the outcome of the request. The Ms Public Records Act is under the purview of the MS Ethics Commission.

yjnkdawg
03-04-2017, 11:17 PM

Agreed. To my knowledge, OM has not yet been challenged on this from a legal perspective. If CBS Sports really wants a copy of the NOA, then this could get really interesting.

yjnkdawg
03-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Glad the national media is in the game.

Any lawyer types here that know how OM gets away with thumbing their nose at the FOIA law?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/inside-college-football-hugh-freeze-faces-an-issue-calipari-carroll-avoided/

OM is saying although the NOA is a MS Public Records (don't think they are challenging this), that since they do not have the document (highly doubtful if OM doesn't have some form of the document in it's possession whether it is an email, copy, etc.), in hand that there is no way to release something that they don't have. Even though it may be in Alabama, it is still a MS Public Record. Nobody, to my knowledge, has challenged OM on this through any type of legal action. If CBS Sports really pursues this through their legal staff it could really be something interesting to watch.

msstate7
03-04-2017, 11:36 PM
OM is saying although the NOA is a MS Public Records (don't think they are challenging this), that since they do not have the document (highly doubtful if OM doesn't have some form of the document in it's possession whether it is an email, copy, etc.), in hand that there is no way to release something that they don't have. Even though it may be in Alabama, it is still a MS Public Record. Nobody, to my knowledge, has challenged OM on this through any type of legal action. If CBS Sports really pursues this through their legal staff it could really be something interesting to watch.

CBS could just tell OM to expect a hit piece every day till they release the NOA

yjnkdawg
03-04-2017, 11:41 PM
CBS could just tell OM to expect a hit piece every day till they release the NOA

Ha ha! True...Then the OM Message Board Lawyers could file a lawsuit against CBS as they are allegedly going to do against the NCAA.***********

Todd4State
03-04-2017, 11:52 PM

That would actually probably work. Or at least mention that Ole Miss won't release it.

Political Hack
03-05-2017, 10:40 AM
That would actually probably work. Or at least mention that Ole Miss won't release it.

In an effort to be transparent.

Dawgowar
03-05-2017, 01:33 PM

You have GOT to be kidding - UNM would then not only bring down the NCAA AND the SEC, they would bring down the entire CBS network, all the affiliates, all the Saturday morning cartoons! In fact, they will bring down all the major media players in the whole country. They will not go quietly into the night! No sir, this investigation will be their Independence Day!

Okay, for those who are not aware, that was sarcasm.

msbulldog
03-05-2017, 01:56 PM
You have GOT to be kidding - UNM would then not only bring down the NCAA AND the SEC, they would bring down the entire CBS network, all the affiliates, all the Saturday morning cartoons! In fact, they will bring down all the major media players in the whole country. They will not go quietly into the night! No sir, this investigation will be their Independence Day!

Okay, for those who are not aware, that was sarcasm.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgowar again.

gravedigger
03-05-2017, 02:44 PM

The NCAA is not a single entity. It's a group. There are people who cannot be trusted within it. But it's not a stand alone organization. You sound like an ole miss fan.

coachnorm
03-05-2017, 10:36 PM
The NCAA is not a single entity. It's a group. There are people who cannot be trusted within it. But it's not a stand alone organization. You sound like an ole miss fan.

I dislike Ole Miss because I support MSU. The facts are on the table and conjecture is not needed because anyone can download the PDFs in regards to the McNair versus the NCAA. The incontrovertible facts have exposed the NCAA acting as a single entity even though it is not supposed to be that way. This is not debatable because the NCAA mainframe has been accessed to McNair's legal team because of Court order and in house emails therein emphatically support the fact that the NCAA breached its own regulations. Have you downloaded anything and read the facts as they stand?

DancingRabbit
03-05-2017, 11:51 PM
I dislike Ole Miss because I support MSU. The facts are on the table and conjecture is not needed because anyone can download the PDFs in regards to the McNair versus the NCAA. The incontrovertible facts have exposed the NCAA acting as a single entity even though it is not supposed to be that way. This is not debatable because the NCAA mainframe has been accessed to McNair's legal team because of Court order and in house emails therein emphatically support the fact that the NCAA breached its own regulations. Have you downloaded anything and read the facts as they stand?

You're about 15 years too late if you're trying to get State fans riled up about the NCAA. Take it to a Trojan's board.

It's all about who's ox is being gored.

You probably don't even know who Rich Johanningmeier is.

Bully13
03-06-2017, 12:02 AM
I would dislike tsun even if my dad hadn't gone to MSU.

coachnorm
03-06-2017, 08:31 AM
You're about 15 years too late if you're trying to get State fans riled up about the NCAA. Take it to a Trojan's board.

It's all about who's ox is being gored.

You probably don't even know who Rich Johanningmeier is.

I agree with you on whose ox is being gored. I even told Jackie Sherrill that I wish he got a break like Todd McNair did when I saw him at the South Carolina game. MSU folks have schooled me up on the past acrimony between Rebs and Dogs. MSU folks have schooled me up on Rich Johanningmeier BTW. The point I am stating to the Elite Dog folks is the NCAA will do what ever it wants legal or illegal just like with Jackie and McNair.

After all these years of Ole Miss getting away with murder, I believe that there has been an honor among st thieves if you were. The NCAA has looked the other way for decades for some reason. I believe that both Ole Miss and the NCAA have dirt on each other. Things can get unpredictable because of this.

Dawgology
03-06-2017, 09:10 AM
I agree with you on whose ox is being gored. I even told Jackie Sherrill that I wish he got a break like Todd McNair did when I saw him at the South Carolina game. MSU folks have schooled me up on the past acrimony between Rebs and Dogs. MSU folks have schooled me up on Rich Johanningmeier BTW. The point I am stating to the Elite Dog folks is the NCAA will do what ever it wants legal or illegal just like with Jackie and McNair.

After all these years of Ole Miss getting away with murder, I believe that there has been an honor among st thieves if you were. The NCAA has looked the other way for decades for some reason. I believe that both Ole Miss and the NCAA have dirt on each other. Things can get unpredictable because of this.

Hwhaaat? Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha ha.....

Keep dreaming!! 9 over 3, right??

If you don't understand why the NCAA stopped "looking the other way" then you are a tsun rebel.

lamont
03-06-2017, 09:21 AM
OM is going to get hammered because of paying recruits to visit as well as paying them to commit. It's one thing to set families up after they are enrolled- but paying kids to visit just can't happen.

WSOPdawg
03-06-2017, 09:38 AM
OM is going to get hammered because of paying recruits to visit as well as paying them to commit. It's one thing to set families up after they are enrolled- but paying kids to visit just can't happen.

My favorite part of this entire thread ^^^

Mjoelner34
03-06-2017, 10:01 AM

1. The reason all of this finally came to a head was that ole miss started doing to other schools what they've been doing to us for a while and the NCAA was forced to pay attention. Year after year of MSU complaining and providing evidence and information and they did nothing but when Bama, UGA, FSU, aTM and others come forward at the same time with the same evidence against the same school, suddenly, they listened.

2. As long as you've been coming to MSU games and have heard us talk about them, you know that they value perception over reality. That perception has created a false narrative of them outside the SEC. Just today I read an article linked in another post on here about MSU potentially filling a 'power vacuum' created by ole miss when the NCAA hammers them. There's their perception getting in the way of reality again. They've finished ahead of us once in the last 7 years and we've won more games than them over the past 3 years but, because of all of their self-hype and illegal recruiting shenanigans, they're viewed nationally as an elite SEC team when they are nothing more than a second tier team. By burning them to the ground, the NCAA will be seen by everyone outside the SEC as growing a set of balls by taking down an elite SEC team when in reality, it would be like taking down a mid tier team. This is a PERFECT situation for the NCAA. They'll gain nationwide respect without upsetting the cash-cow of traditional powers in the process.

3. Random Poster is correct. Anything done during recruiting is on a different level than anything that happens after a player is enrolled.

They are going to get hammered. The reason the investigation has taken so long isn't because ole miss has dirt on the NCAA, its because the NCAA kept finding evidence which prolonged the investigation. Hence the 2nd NOA. Ole Miss is standing by Bjork and Freeze 100% because this late in the game, if they didn't, it would pretty much be an admittance of Lack Of Institutional Control. They are trying to prolong the inevitable to keep donations and season ticket sales afloat for one more year.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-06-2017, 10:15 AM

The problem with comparing McNair's case to OM is McNair's whole defense was I didn't know what Reggie was doing or what his parents were getting. That defense doesn't fly now. Thank McNair & Cecil Newton for closing up that loophole. Now Freeze & other coaches can't say oh I didn't know & think it's ok.

LockeDawg
03-06-2017, 10:42 AM

After all these years of Ole Miss getting away with murder, I believe that there has been an honor among st thieves if you were. The NCAA has looked the other way for decades for some reason. I believe that both Ole Miss and the NCAA have dirt on each other. Things can get unpredictable because of this.Dirt on each other? WTF?

The NCAA has already tagged OM with freaking Academic Fraud, Lack of Institutional Control, and Failure to Monitor. That's 3 of the heaviest hammers the NCAA has in their tool belt. OM doesn't have a freaking leg to stand on, and "if" they had any dirt on the NCAA then they threw it in the NCAA's face after the 1st NOA and it resulted in the 3 hammers that pounded them in the 2nd NOA.

Reason2succeed
03-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Dirt on each other? WTF?

The NCAA has already tagged OM with freaking Academic Fraud, Lack of Institutional Control, and Failure to Monitor. That's 3 of the heaviest hammers the NCAA has in their tool belt. OM doesn't have a freaking leg to stand on, and "if" they had any dirt on the NCAA then they threw it in the NCAA's face after the 1st NOA and it resulted in the 3 hammers that pounded them in the 2nd NOA.

The NCAA has one more hammer in their tool belt.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mb6PqXxtfdmZW/giphy.gif

msstate7
03-06-2017, 12:15 PM
If OM refuses to release NOA, it's clear cut that they didn't come close to representing what's in it. If they were transparent in their release, there's zero reason to not release it

Dawgology
03-06-2017, 12:23 PM
If OM refuses to release NOA, it's clear cut that they didn't come close to representing what's in it. If they were transparent in their release, there's zero reason to not release it

Agreed. NOTHING keeps them from releasing the entire 2nd NOA with names redacted. The "giving others named in the NOA time to read it" is total BS. This is yet ANOTHER stall tactic. These tactics keep coming back and biting them in the ass and they still remain confused as to why.

TrapGame
03-06-2017, 12:28 PM

But, The Three Stooges went to the AV club for that video presentation. Certainly they wouldn't hold anything back.*************

Boodawg
03-06-2017, 12:57 PM
The OM fans I talk to now are all saying "We were just too dang cooperative, we gave them everything the minute they asked, if we had played hard ball and kept our mouth shut, we would be just fine". It's funny, or more like pathetic, that they actually believe that after being lied to from day one.

Perpetual Underachiever
03-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Speaking of FOIA request, SR filed one on either 2/22 or 2/23. Depending on which day it was actually received, and assuming the clock starts the first full working day the day after receipt, today would be the 7th or 8th day.

Did the article mention the date that CBS filed their request?

Perpetual Underachiever
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Speaking of FOIA request, SR filed one on either 2/22 or 2/23. Depending on which day it was actually received, and assuming the clock starts the first full working day the day after receipt, today would be the 7th or 8th day.

Did the article mention the date that CBS filed their request?

Looks like it might be an entertaining Monday...

https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/838820936883322881

@ScoutSteveR: Coming soon....

jumbo
03-06-2017, 04:38 PM
OM denied CBS's request. Claiming they don't have it

Mjoelner34
03-06-2017, 04:58 PM
OM denied CBS's request. Claiming they don't have it

http://i.imgur.com/iHYQjB9.gif

So this plays into showing transparency, exemplary cooporation and wanting to tell your story how Bdork? Looks like more stone-walling than anything. I bet they've already got someone lined up to ask for the extension like they did last time.

WSOPdawg
03-06-2017, 05:06 PM

So this plays into showing transparency, exemplary cooporation and wanting to tell your story how Bdork? Looks like more stone-walling than anything. I bet they've already got someone lined up to ask for the extension like they did last time.

As expected... per Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs: "Ole Miss rejects Freedom of Information request on amended NOA. Contends it “does not possess or retain copy” of NOA. Wait, what?" The comments are awesome.

Mobile Bay
03-06-2017, 05:10 PM

By Grabthars Hammer, such bullshit.

Johnson85
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
As expected... per Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs: "Ole Miss rejects Freedom of Information request on amended NOA. Contends it “does not possess or retain copy” of NOA. Wait, what?" The comments are awesome.

That is a frivolous defense. The fact that they gave it to their attorneys does not remove it from the public records act. And if they were telling the truth that they don't possess or retain a copy, that would mean that they were in blatant violation of their record retention policies.

What UM is really saying is, if you spend the money to force us to produce it, we will just gladly pay the relatively small fine rather than make this public before we're ready.

WSOPdawg
03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
That is a frivolous defense. The fact that they gave it to their attorneys does not remove it from the public records act. And if they were telling the truth that they don't possess or retain a copy, that would mean that they were in blatant violation of their record retention policies.

What UM is really saying is, if you spend the money to force us to produce it, we will just gladly pay the relatively small fine rather than make this public before we're ready.

Yup, and imo only reinforces that there's more violations listed in the NOA. Hopefully the national media will start roasting TCUN from all sides and make them out to be the cheaters we know they are.

Boodawg
03-06-2017, 07:13 PM
If it was ever in OM's hands the foia is applicable. Correct?

Boodawg
03-06-2017, 07:17 PM
I guess they can always deny they had it which everyone knows is bs