PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Analyst says Chad Kelly next Dak Prescott

SaintDawg
03-02-2017, 01:31 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/fox-sports-analyst-joel-klatt-says-chad-kelly-next-dak-prescott

http://i.imgur.com/pzEGC.gif

QuadrupleOption
03-02-2017, 01:35 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/fox-sports-analyst-joel-klatt-says-chad-kelly-next-dak-prescott

http://i.imgur.com/pzEGC.gif

I think he has the physical tools but has a few things going against him:
1) Poor judgement.
2) Lack of preparation for NFL offenses.
3) Major leg injury.

But his Uncle did play for a long time at QB in the NFL and was very successful, so he may be able to help CK get his shit together long enough to find a spot.

Liverpooldawg
03-02-2017, 01:36 PM
If he is he is. If he isn't he isn't. The NFL ain't a beauty contest. He will have to do it on the field.

starkvegasdawg
03-02-2017, 01:37 PM
I didn't know he was a TE?

codeDawg
03-02-2017, 01:38 PM
1) Poor judgement.

Dak is Dak because he makes good decisions. Kelly just chunks it out there.

smootness
03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
This is just further proof that so often these people have no idea what has even led to the success of current players, much less how to project the next ones.

Sure, Chad Kelly has 'swag'. Great. A whole crap ton of NFL prospects every year have 'swag'. Brock Osweiler is one of the swaggiest bros ever, and he sucks. Dak has confidence, which is difference from 'moxie' or 'swag'. It's one thing to walk into an NFL training camp and believe you're the best player there and will be great; it's another to stand in a huddle with veterans and command their respect.

And Dak's confidence is about 10% of the reason for his success, at most. It is his intelligence that sets him apart. Chad Kelly is a doorknob compared to Dak intellectually.

Johnson85
03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
1) Poor judgement.
3) Major leg injury.

But his Uncle did play for a long time at QB in the NFL and was very successful, so he may be able to help CK get his shit together long enough to find a spot.

Kelly isn't the next Dak, he's the next Jeff George, or at least the poor man's version of him. NFL arm and Peewee football mind. I do agree he could see some success in the right circumstance. I think he will always have too many turnovers, but he can make throws. He just needs good wide receivers to bail him out some so his interception rate isn't too high, preferably a defense that bails him out by getting stops after a bad turnover, and a coach that can tolerate the feast or famine (or at least not have any other options). But I don't think he would ever be able to handle success unless his uncle or somebody can essentially set him up with a full time babysitter that he will actually listen to.

I seen it dawg
03-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Well there is the fact machine gun is a lot more Marshall Henderson than Tom Brady....so....

SaintDawg
03-02-2017, 01:47 PM
1) Poor judgement.
3) Major leg injury.

Those are 3 REAL BIG things going against him. It's not like when everyone was eyeballing Dak who had never taken a snap under center or had to work on his footwork. That's having things going against you, and Dak and his "all go, no quit" attitude fixed those things. CK would most likely be Manziel, Version 2.0. I don't give a flip who his uncle is. Just sayin...

maroonmania
03-02-2017, 01:48 PM
1) Poor judgement.
3) Major leg injury.

I would add 4) No leadership ability. Dude is a head case.

thf24
03-02-2017, 01:51 PM
It's not just lack of preparation for NFL offenses. Anyone who's watched him play more than at a glance should know that he simply doesn't have the head to execute one. Immense talent throwing the ball, no doubt, but that's not even half the battle at the pro level. I've said multiple times that Freeze, mediocre coach in general as he is, did an incredible scheming job to make Kelly as effective as he was over the past two years.

Commercecomet24
03-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Kelly lacks the most important thing Dak has going for him. Leadership, character and integrity.

CadaverDawg
03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Chad Kelly in no way, shape, or form is the next Dak. That is insulting to Dak.

CadaverDawg
03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Kelly lacks the most important thing Dak has going for him. Leadership, character and integrity.

Exactly

BeardoMSU
03-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Na....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crr3E2LXgAA4ye9.jpg

Commercecomet24
03-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Let's just rename swag, johnny football lite.

FISHDAWG
03-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I would add 4) No leadership ability. Dude is a head case.

#5 ... no invite to the NFL Combine

Thick
03-02-2017, 02:16 PM
This is just further proof that so often these people have no idea what has even led to the success of current players, much less how to project the next ones.

Sure, Chad Kelly has 'swag'. Great. A whole crap ton of NFL prospects every year have 'swag'. Brock Osweiler is one of the swaggiest bros ever, and he sucks. Dak has confidence, which is difference from 'moxie' or 'swag'. It's one thing to walk into an NFL training camp and believe you're the best player there and will be great; it's another to stand in a huddle with veterans and command their respect.

And Dak's confidence is about 10% of the reason for his success, at most. It is his intelligence that sets him apart. Chad Kelly is a doorknob compared to Dak intellectually.

That's the shit right there. Great post!

shoeless joe
03-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Is there a QB in the league rite now that is as poorly spoken as Kelly? I'm asking because I truly don't know.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Dak is Dak because he makes good decisions. Kelly just chunks it out there.

You forgot about the great O-line he has..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I don't agree at all BUT Dak may have made it possible for someone to make it because teams might start to take a different approach in evaluating QB's. Someone might give him a chance with the tagline: "Well Dak Prescott was a 4th rounders so..."

Ari Gold
03-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Hey Nick Cole
You just Made the List....

You stupid ****.....

SaintDawg
03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
I don't agree at all BUT Dak may have made it possible for someone to make it because teams might start to take a different approach in evaluating QB's. Someone might give him a chance with the tagline: "Well Dak Prescott was a 4th rounders so..."

Brady was a 6th rounder and was thrust into the position like Dak was... due to injury. That was 17 years ago. QBs won't be evaluated differently, I'm afraid. QBs like Brady or Peyton or Brees only come along once every 20 years or so, and Brady and Brees are in the twilight of their careers. Dak is the heir apparent. Let's just call Dak what he is... a freak phenom football talent.
Brady was a raw, hidden talent and developed into a HOF QB out of necessity and because he was surrounded by great teams and coaching. Dak will likely have the same result.
Chad Kelly is nothing more than a big arm with a 10 cent head.

RougeDawg
03-02-2017, 03:55 PM
No f*cking way they are even in the same league, literally and figuratively. Give Dak MGK's OL and WR's and we win 1 maybe two natty's. Dak set SEC records with a 3 star and lower OLIne. No NFL players on the line and one at RB and maybe one at WR. MGK had NFLer's all around and WR's that towered above the DB's. He heaved it and they went and caught it. Not even remotely close to comparisons. The asshat writing this article deserves to have his writing credentials revoked for the remainder of his braindead life.

Political Hack
03-02-2017, 04:42 PM
When people write something this dumb they should have to answer to Red Foreman.

LilSebastian
03-02-2017, 05:53 PM

Having those things serves you well in life, but football is a sport where really rich dudes pay other dudes a lot of money to get knocked around until their bodies give out. It takes a lot of leadership to get dudes to take getting the crap beaten out of them (even on a good day), but the other stuff is irrelevant.

Dolphus Raymond
03-02-2017, 05:57 PM
It is my opinion that Kelly has the stuff to be a QB in the NFL IF he gets his s--t together and WORKS for it. All of that is a big IF. One can only imagine what Kelly would be today had he been coached by Dan Mullen for five years. Say what you will about Mullen, but that man can develop players; particularly QBs.

LilSebastian
03-02-2017, 06:01 PM
I would like to think the NFL may recognize that it's a numbers game and establish a supplemental QB draft or require teams to be 4 or 5 deep at the position. In general, I think the league is screwing up by capping teams in the mid-50s. There's just not enough good-enough players to round out 32 rosters while a lot of really talented guys really don't get to develop.

tesa8034
03-02-2017, 06:15 PM
The way I took the article is that the guy is not comparing ck to Dak head to head or talent wise , he is talking about the next guy to be drafted in the fourth round that turns out should have been the number one overall pick.

lamont
03-02-2017, 06:32 PM
I would like to think the NFL may recognize that it's a numbers game and establish a supplemental QB draft or require teams to be 4 or 5 deep at the position. In general, I think the league is screwing up by capping teams in the mid-50s. There's just not enough good-enough players to round out 32 rosters while a lot of really talented guys really don't get to develop.

Practice squads need to be larger. Teams could develop more talent for awhile

mstatefan91
03-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Is there a QB in the league rite now that is as poorly spoken as Kelly? I'm asking because I truly don't know.

Not that I'm aware of.

DancingRabbit
03-02-2017, 10:42 PM
The down-side of MGK being dis-invited from the combine, is we don't get to laugh at his Wonderlic score.

I watched one informal interview he gave (looked like it was in a cafeteria). He seemed borderline special needs.

Mobile Bay
03-03-2017, 06:06 PM
If you line up all the QB's Mullen has recruited and developed as freshmen and sophomores, there is an argument that Tim Tebow was the worst. Think about it. AJ Greene, Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott all found success in the NFL to some degree.