PDA

View Full Version : Eagles

msstate7
09-09-2013, 06:26 PM
It's early, but this offense looks dynamic

DapperDawg
09-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I agree. They have the defense in their heels. Let's wait a couple weeks until teams can really game plan for it with better film.

bocfarm
09-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't get the whole "game plan for it" statement, same with freeze, malzahn, sumlin, ect....it's disguise, misdirection and an added runner option. How is game planning going to make a difference.

The eagles look great so far and it goes to show you can run that offense and still have a bad ass defense, lethal combo imo

Dawg61
09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Hit Vick. That's the ONLY way to stop it.

gravedigger
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Well, you have to game plan for it. They TRUELY spread the field. You don't cover all options and it will kick your ass. It's the thing I think that Mullen has gotten away from. He spread the field and made smaller men tackle relf which produced big plays for us. Then they took him and got whipped by Ballard. Then they took both and got beat by slot receivers.

WHY cant we go back to that? He's played enough freshmen to offset any negativity from benching tyler. Tyler needs to play the offense Mullen runs best or sit. That simple. But what I don't know has happened is that Mullen hasn't compromised his philosophy. I don't think this is 'rocket surgery' as someone so eloquently put it.

Kelly is showing us tonight that you can, in fact, overcome VERY talented defenses by creating weakness. You just have to live by that. Great teams will always out power and out talent us. But we can outsmart them.

We are all used to the idea of line up and bowl them over. Jackie taught us that. But the Jackie era of football is gone. We don't exist in a league where we'll EVER be bigger stronger or faster than our more wealthy opponents. But we can use their aggressiveness to our advantage.

Folks, Oregon, when I was in my early 20's was the joke of college football. They had freaking Donald duck as their mascot. But they figured out that there is a way to hit the national scene and it aint getting more stars than your opponents. It's simply being smarter.

If you are watching MNF right now you are witnessing it., it's what Mullen has to do to take a MSU back to Atlanta.

hailmari
09-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Donald Duck decided to get wet, yo!

bocfarm
09-09-2013, 08:15 PM
To clarify it was and has been implied by many that coaches will figure out that type of offense over time. It's simply not the case, it's much harder to game plan for than a traditional offense. If we don't get back to that and some up tempo style we will be a cellar dweller behind Malzahn, freeze and sumlin in the west.

laureldawg
09-09-2013, 09:02 PM
the game will evolve. to stop this type of offense you must get smaller quicker bodies on defense. D-lineman 225-250lbs. linebackers 190-210..Then what will demolish those Defenses??? 330lb offensive lineman with a 250lb lead blocking a 230lb tail back. Fan bases (including ours) will be shouting at the top of their lungs "why don't we recruit these big backs and power o-lineman?? control the clock and can control the game!!!!!" WRITE IT DOWN..BOOKMARK IT. in 10 years this will be the fact