PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think Morrow stepped it up?

blacklistedbully
09-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Know most have pretty much given up on him, but he's made some nice grabs so far.

EnterpriseDawg
09-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought he showed good hands Saturday. I'm hoping for a repeat on this Saturday and then maybe people will get off his back.

messageboardsuperhero
09-09-2013, 06:29 PM
He made a couple of nice catches Saturday, but I'll hold off on saying he's turned the corner until he does it against an SEC team.

chef dixon
09-09-2013, 06:39 PM
He's done ok, but lets be real, 2 of our true freshman have done just as much if not more so far. I'm rooting for him though.

bulldawg28
09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Dak May throw a more catchable ball.

Political Hack
09-09-2013, 07:18 PM
he's never had a problem going up high to get a ball.

I want to see him dig one out. I think people did try to give up on him way too early though.

hailmari
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
I always thought so, too.. Dude still has 34-37 games to play.

War Machine Dawg
09-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Saturday was literally the only time I've ever seen him do anything positive. I still say he's soft and needs to be an attrition candidate. I'm hoping he proves me wrong, though. You can't have too many 6'4" WRs with speed.

Political Hack
09-09-2013, 07:59 PM
we will have plenty of people who don't catch balls, make blocks, or tackles.

MSUDawg4Life
09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
He had a good day Saturday. Caught the ball, had no penalties and make a good tackle on the fake punt.

It's a start. I'd like to see him continue to grow.

EnterpriseDawg
09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Speaking of growing. Did RoJo grow since last year? He appears to be a little taller.

sandwolf
09-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Know most have pretty much given up on him, but he's made some nice grabs so far.

I haven't given up on him or anything, but he only has one catch for 15 yards this year so I am still in wait and see mode.

blacklistedbully
09-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I haven't given up on him or anything, but he only has one catch for 15 yards this year so I am still in wait and see mode.

One really nice one was called back due to penalty. What I liked was he went up for it amidst traffic.

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2013, 01:08 PM

For some reason this makes me think of that scene in the movie Little Big League where the kid is the manager of the Twins and he gets really excited about a seeing eye single from his favorite player who is past his prime. The assistant manager says something like, "Don't you think its a bad sign when you are getting this excited about a seeing eye single?"

That is how I feel about Joe Morrow and his one catch for 15 yards against Alcorn State as RS Sophomore.

MSUDawg4Life
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Nah, I don't feel that way.

You're talking about a guy who dropped passes that hit him right in his hands chest high. With nobody within 5 - 10 feet of him.

Although he didn't get credit for that fourth down catch due to a time out, simply going up to make the catch in a pressure situation was a big deal to me. Marked improvement.

Then, making the catch that he got credit for it's easy for me the say the guy is better than he was last year.

Two or three catches like those per game would be a big deal for our passing game.

Bo Darville
09-10-2013, 02:26 PM
For some reason this makes me think of that scene in the movie Little Big League where the kid is the manager of the Twins and he gets really excited about a seeing eye single from his favorite player who is past his prime. The assistant manager says something like, "Don't you think its a bad sign when you are getting this excited about a seeing eye single?"

That is how I feel about Joe Morrow and his one catch for 15 yards against Alcorn State as RS Sophomore.

Some people get excited over little stuff like a 15-yard catch (I'm looking at you Fred Brown).

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Some people get excited over little stuff like a 15-yard catch (I'm looking at you Fred Brown).

Antonio Hargro says, "You need to learn to get a little more height on your more ball flips"

regdawg18
09-10-2013, 03:49 PM
If he can keep the holding calls to zero, spring some big runs, and make a few catches I will give him the jeremiahjohnson.gif nod.