PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Mullen will soon

wasabaka
03-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Guys, Mullen will soon be on his third Mississippi head football coach since he has been at State. It's almost surreal to compare the stability we currently have to what they are dealing with in Oxford. Yes, they may have won a few battles along the way, but we, and Mullen, and Mississippi State are in a position to win this war for a long time. Hail State!

Todd4State
03-02-2017, 01:58 AM
You are correct sir. We do appear to be positioning ourselves to have a very nice run over conservatively the next five years and probably longer than that. Right now we are easily in the best shape I can ever remember in football in my fan lifetime. Dan is a very good coach who will very likely become our all time winningest coach in school history in the next two years. With Dak in the NFL I've noticed that Dan is starting to get recognized as a great QB coach and you better believe that recruits will take notice and that has historically been the most difficult thing to get to MSU- QB's. On top of that we have what could be one of the most talented classes in Mississippi history looming in 2019 with Ole Miss on probation and USM mired in college football's second tier. Dan certainly has had his issues- but he appears to be well on his way to at least attempting to correct those and I'm sure he ahs learned a lot about recruiting and coaching over the years. I hope Todd Grantham is his Joe Lee Dunn. We're pretty much a bowl team annually and our program as a whole makes better decisions and the atmosphere is honestly the best I can remember. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets back to 2014 levels next year with everything that has gone on. As long as we are wise and seize the moment we should be able to take over the state completely over the next ten years- which I think will do wonders for MSU as a whole.

It's not just Dak- it's Fletcher Cox, KJ Wright, Pernell McPhee, Darius Slay, Chris Jones, and etc. And without question we're going to see more Bulldogs in not just the NFL- but also the Pro Bowl going forward. Fred Ross- you're next.

Reason2succeed
03-02-2017, 05:10 AM
You forgot Benardrick McKinney and Gade Jackson.

Yes there's no reason for State not to take over and dominate for the next couple of years.