PDA

View Full Version : OM fan from The Spirit finally brings reality to the board

lamont
03-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Reality comes to the Spirit board:

If....It can be proven

6:34 PM Last edited 6:36 PM by JapanAir

(5 votes)

That one of our coaches was setting up a recruit to receive money for committing To ole miss while we were under investigation by the NCAA, then we deserve to be punished. If We are not talking about pay for a kid to actually attend a school, only to commit, we have serious problems. I hope that this is not the case. If you follow recruiting, you know that Leo's commit was extremely shady. he didn't do interviews and never visited for our games. To me it seemed odd. I hope to God we were not paying players to commit. I think it all depends on this and unfortunately I believe the NCAA knows they can nail us on this one. I think they have proof and it may be burner phones. I also believe that the admin is hanging on to Freeze so that they do not have to pay him if he is charged with insubordination. Really really hope I'm wrong but if it is proven that a staffer aided in the payment of a recruit to commit, while under investigation we deserve what we are getting. That is the definition of failure to monitor. Hope our legal team is up to the task.

lamont
03-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Also heard Baghdad Chuck and SpiritBen have started backtracking like an FBI witness offered a deal with no jail time

msstate7
03-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Also heard Baghdad Chuck and SpiritBen have started backtracking like an FBI witness offered a deal with no jail time

What are they saying?

lamont
03-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Summary of a screenshot from Ben basically said everybody needs to realize how serious all this NCAA stuff is and that OM is going to get more than a 1 year bowl ban.

msstate7
03-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Summary of a screenshot from Ben basically said everybody needs to realize how serious all this NCAA stuff is and that OM is going to get more than a 1 year bowl ban.
Nice. Need a 3-year ban. That'd free all the '16 class to leave

drummerdawg
03-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Nice. Need a 3-year ban. That'd free all the '16 class to leave

Om already told them they would be allowed to leave if it was more than 1 year.

msstate7
03-01-2017, 10:16 PM

The NCAA still would require the player to sit a year

Reason2succeed
03-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Somebody has beaten his brethren through the grief cycle and has reached acceptance ahead of schedule.

BayouDawg
03-01-2017, 10:33 PM
So now the shitbirds are saying 7of the 8 new allegations pertain to Leo. So if they discredit Leo no LOIC. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Ari Gold
03-01-2017, 10:38 PM

If....It can be proven

(5 votes)

That one of our coaches was setting up a recruit to receive money for committing To ole miss while we were under investigation by the NCAA, then we deserve to be punished. If We are not talking about pay for a kid to actually attend a school, only to commit, we have serious problems. I hope that this is not the case. If you follow recruiting, you know that Leo's commit was extremely shady. he didn't do interviews and never visited for our games. To me it seemed odd. I hope to God we were not paying players to commit. I think it all depends on this and unfortunately I believe the NCAA knows they can nail us on this one. I think they have proof and it may be burner phones. I also believe that the admin is hanging on to Freeze so that they do not have to pay him if he is charged with insubordination. Really really hope I'm wrong but if it is proven that a staffer aided in the payment of a recruit to commit, while under investigation we deserve what we are getting. That is the definition of failure to monitor. Hope our legal team is up to the task.

Welcome to the Party Pal...

BeardoMSU
03-01-2017, 10:44 PM

In your best John McClain voice?

lamont
03-01-2017, 11:04 PM

great reply

Todd4State
03-01-2017, 11:06 PM

I think we'll all believe that when we see it. They basically lied to those players so that they could remain competitive through probation. Sad. Although, I'm not sure why those players were willing to roll the dice in the first place if they had other options where being on probation wasn't a possibility.

SDDawg
03-01-2017, 11:22 PM
The "hang on to Freeze to save money" thing makes sense to me. It's the only thing that makes sense anymore. Ole Miss can't afford to buy Freeze out and bring in the kind of coach they'll want to rebuild ($4M+ guy). I think they're missing the boat though. They should cut the cord with Freeze, hire a young transition guy on the cheap (non-P5) and then you'll have another coach in 2 - 3 years unless you strike gold on the transition guy. It costs a little more but at least you start moving forward. They'll f*ck up 2018 recruiting even further if they hang onto Freeze all the way until June.

State fans should hope that Freeze is there until the summer time, will likely cost them another year in the rebuilding process.

TUSK
03-02-2017, 02:20 AM
Jesus... do any of you cats have a GIF or PNG of a rat, kilt in a trap, whilst stretchin' for an egg that is saturated with Sachrin, (no real Sugar)?

Todd4State
03-02-2017, 02:48 AM
The "hang on to Freeze to save money" thing makes sense to me. It's the only thing that makes sense anymore. Ole Miss can't afford to buy Freeze out and bring in the kind of coach they'll want to rebuild ($4M+ guy). I think they're missing the boat though. They should cut the cord with Freeze, hire a young transition guy on the cheap (non-P5) and then you'll have another coach in 2 - 3 years unless you strike gold on the transition guy. It costs a little more but at least you start moving forward. They'll f*ck up 2018 recruiting even further if they hang onto Freeze all the way until June.

State fans should hope that Freeze is there until the summer time, will likely cost them another year in the rebuilding process.

I think their options right now are to keep Freeze or go interim. No one is going to take that job until the sanctions are known at the very least unless it's someone that is desperate. Appears as if they are "All in" until the bitter end.

I've heard rumors that Matt Luke will be the interim- but my question is if he gets a show cause what then?

msbulldog
03-02-2017, 07:00 AM
That's why they hired Crime dog for $1M+/year, there's your interim. McGriff is their Croom.

Mimi's Babies
03-02-2017, 07:08 AM

????? -- WHEN the NCAA nails some recruits of the Class of 2016....

1. Are those players allowed to leave/transfer IF they played even one down?
2. If they are allowed to transfer then are they allowed to transfer to another Divison 1 school?

Thanks......

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-02-2017, 07:12 AM
That's why they hired Crime dog for $1M+/year, there's your interim. McGriff is their Croom.

They may be comparable HC's, but I'd be willing to bet McGriff doesn't fall asleep during an in home recruiting visit.

Dawgface
03-02-2017, 08:03 AM

I feel sure he will be there until sanctions are handed down. Whatever the time table.

Boodawg
03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm sure since they were so truthful with this years recruits about all this, that all the players already knew that there would most likely be a bowl ban next year****. I'm sure they told them that right?****

Bubb Rubb
03-02-2017, 08:55 AM

I think more than money, they are hanging on to him while they fight the LOIC charge. They really can't have that stick to them (it will anyway). If they fire Freeze between now and the hearing, it will basically be an admission of guilt as far as the LOIC charge goes. So if they are going to fight it, they are going to keep him around as part of the defense. As soon as it is rendered as a final judgement, though, they're going to banish him to the dam pretty quickly.

Liverpooldawg
03-02-2017, 09:13 AM

If....It can be proven

(5 votes)

One thing they still haven't figured out, this isn't a court of law. If it can be proven? This is the NCAA. They already HAVE proved every allegation. It's up to the Confederates to provide evidence that shows that proof is wrong.

Political Hack
03-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Ole miss is telling them they can leave, but they're trying to delay sanctions as long as possible to prevent that from happening. The longer this kids are on campus, the less likely they are to pack up and go.

The fact Patterson isn't looking for a new school already is more than enough proof to me that they're lying their asses off to these kids. They're going to get a 3 year bowl ban, minimum IMO. That means he's a Sr and done without ever seeing a post season. And he's going to miss his chance at a spring with a new school because they somehow think they're getting out of this? I can't begin to understand how anyone can make a decision as poor as they are right now. They essentially killed all the momentum he had coming out of high school at this point and don't look eager to reclaim any of it. Then again, they chose Hugh Freeze to be the guy to develop their son into an NFL QB, so they're not exactly making good decisions to begin with.

shannondawg
03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
I would bet they have a morals charge or something to the effect of sanctions in his contract so he can be fired without compensation. So it would make sense for them to hold on to him to the actual charges are levied.

Also, I have already said that an interim coach might just get a show cause as well.

notsofarawaydawg
03-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Ole miss is telling them they can leave, but they're trying to delay sanctions as long as possible to prevent that from happening. The longer this kids are on campus, the less likely they are to pack up and go.

The fact Patterson isn't looking for a new school already is more than enough proof to me that they're lying their asses off to these kids. They're going to get a 3 year bowl ban, minimum IMO. That means he's a Sr and done without ever seeing a post season. And he's going to miss his chance at a spring with a new school because they somehow think they're getting out of this? I can't begin to understand how anyone can make a decision as poor as they are right now. They essentially killed all the momentum he had coming out of high school at this point and don't look eager to reclaim any of it. Then again, they chose Hugh Freeze to be the guy to develop their son into an NFL QB, so they're not exactly making good decisions to begin with.

It's been said too many times on here. They, the #network, takes care of these guys even after they graduate. He's certainly been promised some big $$$ to stay on and help make it look like the program is not a dumpster fire at this point. If their golden child leaves, the rest of the flock will follow.

louisvilledawg
03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Hopefully someone asks Deontay Anderson about Freeze and the NCAA stuff after it's handed down.

His quote when he committed to ole miss:

"I talked to Coach Freeze about [potential violations]," Anderson said, adding that "he said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. "

BB30
03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
They will have to throw 4+ million to get any coach to come IMO. The next coach will be stuck cleaning up a mess and probably be fired due to Ws and Ls about the time the penalties start to wear off a bit. At this point it is a lose lose for any coach that takes that job unless they somehow managed to get a proven commodity by throwing a ridiculous amount of $$ at them like 8-10 mill and pretty much tell them we are with you through this mess and understand the next 8+ years are going to be rough. The funny thing is as high class and above everybody as most think they think they are they will not be able to afford that price tag.

BB30
03-02-2017, 09:43 AM
It's been said too many times on here. They, the #network, takes care of these guys even after they graduate. He's certainly been promised some big $$$ to stay on and help make it look like the program is not a dumpster fire at this point. If their golden child leaves, the rest of the flock will follow.

Patterson is gone if they get a 3 yr bowl ban. They can't pay what the NFL can and there is no way he gets there sticking around. They don't have anyone that can develop a QB and he will have an atrocious OL his $$ making Jr. year. The kid isn't dumb even if he has to sit out a year he can transfer somewhere QB friendly have a big Jr. year and get drafted. If he stays at OM he will end up running for his life his Jr year, risk injury etc.

The thing that sucks for patterson is him burning his redshirt only to lose 2 of 3 and not make a bowl. If he had redshirted he could transfer sit out his rs Fresh year and be ready to go as a sophomore with 2-3 years to prove himself.

Tbonewannabe
03-02-2017, 09:46 AM
They will have to throw 4+ million to get any coach to come IMO. The next coach will be stuck cleaning up a mess and probably be fired due to Ws and Ls about the time the penalties start to wear off a bit. At this point it is a lose lose for any coach that takes that job unless they somehow managed to get a proven commodity by throwing a ridiculous amount of $$ at them like 8-10 mill and pretty much tell them we are with you through this mess and understand the next 8+ years are going to be rough. The funny thing is as high class and above everybody as most think they think they are they will not be able to afford that price tag.

They are going to get someone like McGriff who has never been close to that level and is making 4 times more than he ever has. They aren't going to get someone who is working towards being a D1 head coach because it is career suicide. At this point McGriff probably figured he would never be a DC so why not take the guaranteed 3 year deal and get the DC title. It really doesn't matter how bad he does because he wasn't going to be in that position with any other school.

They might get lucky if they hire a D3 guy that never dreamed of coaching in the big leagues.

Tbonewannabe
03-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Patterson is gone if they get a 3 yr bowl ban. They can't pay what the NFL can and there is no way he gets there sticking around. They don't have anyone that can develop a QB and he will have an atrocious OL his $$ making Jr. year. The kid isn't dumb even if he has to sit out a year he can transfer somewhere QB friendly have a big Jr. year and get drafted. If he stays at OM he will end up running for his life his Jr year, risk injury etc.

The thing that sucks for patterson is him burning his redshirt only to lose 2 of 3 and not make a bowl. If he had redshirted he could transfer sit out his rs Fresh year and be ready to go as a sophomore with 2-3 years to prove himself.

He can still transfer and redshirt. Same scenario which is probably why they let him burn it. They probably saw the writing on the wall and figured he was either going somewhere to sit his Freshman year or redshirt as a Sophmore. Either way he is playing as a redshirt Sophmore.

DLGDawg
03-02-2017, 11:41 AM
AND...they've got a tape recording of all the 2016 recruits, right? So there's that!!

ETA..was responding to politicalhack. Sorry liverpool.

One thing they still haven't figured out, this isn't a court of law. If it can be proven? This is the NCAA. They already HAVE proved every allegation. It's up to the Confederates to provide evidence that shows that proof is wrong.

WSOPdawg
03-02-2017, 12:06 PM

But when there's nothing left to play for (i.e., no SEC Championship(s), no bowl season(s), no playoff(s)) and the Network sees this, they'll stop with all the payments to everybody because why pay for something that will return zero on the investment? The players that stay based on this lie are doing nothing but fooling themselves regarding being taken care of by the Network.

The NCAA's main objective is to see that the Network is soon be out of business for the better part of a decade.

rolodawg
03-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Patterson could always transfer Juco and play immediately. Then go to any school.......

blacklistedbully
03-02-2017, 03:00 PM

Hack, Shea is getting paid more than the rest. Don't forget, UNM had to hire his brother, Sean. WHen Shea committed to ASU, Sean was hired by them. When Shea flipped to LSU, Sean was hired by them. Then when Shea flipped to UNM, Sean was hired by them.

If that's not blatant pay-for-play, I don't know what is. It's clear to me the Pattersons get paid based on where Shea went. You know damn well that salary Sean is getting is for Shea and his family.

Anybody know what Sean's salary is at UNM?

And there's this quote from Shea 2/2015:
"(Freeze) is my favorite coach and that's my favorite coaching staff," Patterson said. "I had a great relationship with coach Dan Werner. I talked to him day in and day out. He basically lived in our coaches' office. They expressed how much they wanted me. There's no doubt in my mind that I was their guy."

Dan Werner, along with other of that "favorite coaching staff" is now gone, and Freeze is going to be unless UNM can buy a miracle, yet Shea proclaims he's staying no matter what?

I think it's all about the Benjamins, and the NCAA can't take Sean's salary away unless they can prove he is dirty.

1bigdawg
03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Hack, Shea is getting paid more than the rest. Don't forget, UNM had to hire his brother, Sean. WHen Shea committed to ASU, Sean was hired by them. When Shea flipped to LSU, Sean was hired by them. Then when Shea flipped to UNM, Sean was hired by them.

If that's not blatant pay-for-play, I don't know what is. It's clear to me the Pattersons get paid based on where Shea went. You know damn well that salary Sean is getting is for Shea and his family.

Anybody know what Sean's salary is at UNM?

And there's this quote from Shea 2/2015:
"(Freeze) is my favorite coach and that's my favorite coaching staff," Patterson said. "I had a great relationship with coach Dan Werner. I talked to him day in and day out. He basically lived in our coaches' office. They expressed how much they wanted me. There's no doubt in my mind that I was their guy."

Dan Werner, along with other of that "favorite coaching staff" is now gone, and Freeze is going to be unless UNM can buy a miracle, yet Shea proclaims he's staying no matter what?

I think it's all about the Benjamins, and the NCAA can't take Sean's salary away unless they can prove he is dirty.

I thought Werner was the one who could not go on the road and recruit and was replaced by Barney Farrar.....