View Full Version : Jamal Couch practicing one hand catch

preachermatt83
03-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Screw SDS also... link straight to the source
https://twitter.com/couchjamal/status/837028587593154560

-Scooba

preachermatt83
03-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Thanks scooba... I did t realize it was a tweet.

ScoobaDawg
03-01-2017, 07:07 PM
link directly to the video
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/837028574255284225/pu/vid/360x640/ZffavgmU2qcgyGyD.mp4

Todd4State
03-01-2017, 07:08 PM
That was impressive. Especially how high he went to get that ball.

Mjoelner34
03-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Hopefully he can make those in a game like this guy did almost weekly.
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/9da3621c654c124f74d2ac07f9b6a6cdd12a0889_r.jpg

bulldawg28
03-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Awesome show of athleticism. He'll be used for certain. Fitz has his big outside target.

defiantdog
03-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Awesome show of athleticism. He'll be used for certain. Fitz has his big outside target.
Gotta learn to run routes. Couch has all the athleticism in the world, but hes raw. He just ran by everyone in high school.... can't do that anymore. Give him one more year and he'll be good.

Maroon Wizardry
03-01-2017, 08:25 PM
That is sick. i literally just about crapped my pants with excitement. Can't wait.

bulldawg28
03-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Gotta learn to run routes. Couch has all the athleticism in the world, but hes raw. He just ran by everyone in high school.... can't do that anymore. Give him one more year and he'll be good.

It won't take 1 more year. He's a more athletic,faster, and football savy bear.

SaintDawg
03-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Good gracious! His first name ain't Baby, it's Jamal. Mr. Couch if ya nasty.

starkvegasdawg
03-01-2017, 09:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qZhp6Xa.jpg

Political Hack
03-01-2017, 10:32 PM
After seeing that I'll safely say he's more talented than bear ever dreamed to be. Kid has ridiculous hands to be able to high point a ball one handed like that.

Reason2succeed
03-01-2017, 11:03 PM
He's super slow though****

Commercecomet24
03-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Dang that young un got hops and some big freaking hands! That was awesome!

JoseBrown
03-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Son.of.a.bitch. Use him the way UF used all their WR's with Weurfuhl throwing the ball. Just send him downfield and throw it in his area code. Let him do the rest. Find ball. Go to ball. Catch ball.

Reason2succeed
03-02-2017, 05:05 AM
One of our big receivers needs to step up. My money is on Todd but if more than one step up gen watch out.

msbulldog
03-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Wow, what a catch!

Boodawg
03-02-2017, 08:36 AM
He makes that ball look like one those little footballs they used to throw into the stands.

BB30
03-02-2017, 09:50 AM
After seeing that I'll safely say he's more talented than bear ever dreamed to be. Kid has ridiculous hands to be able to high point a ball one handed like that.

Exactly, I never remember seeing bear use his size to go up and high point a ball. He should have been way more effective in the red zone on corner routes and jump balls. Only time he used his physicality was over the middle and blocking. He caught everything with his body. Let me state that is not a knock on Wilson he was a great bulldog(loved watching him play) it is a shame he didn't stick around one more year and continue to develop some of that stuff. You would think as big of a basketball player as he was he would have been good at high pointing a ball due to rebounding etc.

That was pretty impressive. I think we have some talent at WR they just have to put it together and I think we see a couple of those guys step up this year.

Reason2succeed
03-02-2017, 10:16 AM
That's pretty good for a LB.***

Maroon Wizardry
03-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Bear did make a 1 handed grab like that in a game... it was also ridiculous, but one in a college career doesn't cut it. I think this dude will be way better. Speed is unnecessary if you have a 40 inch vertical 6'5 wingspan and hands like that. no 6 foot ball corner or safety will ever be able to grab it. I just hope he can take a hit and ain't afraid to drop a shoulder and deliver one. that's half the battle.

Reason2succeed
03-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Is Couch left handed because that was his left hand he caught the ball with?

Pollodawg
03-03-2017, 09:48 AM
That's friggen phenomenal.

Johnson85
03-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Exactly, I never remember seeing bear use his size to go up and high point a ball. He should have been way more effective in the red zone on corner routes and jump balls. Only time he used his physicality was over the middle and blocking. He caught everything with his body. Let me state that is not a knock on Wilson he was a great bulldog(loved watching him play) it is a shame he didn't stick around one more year and continue to develop some of that stuff. You would think as big of a basketball player as he was he would have been good at high pointing a ball due to rebounding etc.

That was pretty impressive. I think we have some talent at WR they just have to put it together and I think we see a couple of those guys step up this year.

Bear played football like a post player that plays below the rim (which I think was mostly what he was in basketball). He was very effective using his body although that resulted in some penalties because he did a lot of pushing off to create space like a post player.

I think if he had kept playing he would have gotten better about going up and high pointing the ball (although with his forty, it wouldn't suprise me if his vertical disappointed also, as they both rely on quick twitch muscles and usually correlate, although sometimes you get a leaper that's not quick or a speedster that can't jump).

RiverCityDawg
03-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Bear played football like a post player that plays below the rim (which I think was mostly what he was in basketball). He was very effective using his body although that resulted in some penalties because he did a lot of pushing off to create space like a post player.

I think if he had kept playing he would have gotten better about going up and high pointing the ball (although with his forty, it wouldn't suprise me if his vertical disappointed also, as they both rely on quick twitch muscles and usually correlate, although sometimes you get a leaper that's not quick or a speedster that can't jump).

His vertical was disappointing. I can't remember the number exactly and Im too lazy to look it up, but it was less than you would have expected. At the end of the day he just didn't have pro level athleticism. Add to that average hands, poor fundamentals and some off the field questions and you get what you had. A big physical guy who was tough as nails and very competitive, but not a pro.

Reason2succeed
03-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Once again I'm excited about these big receivers. Along with the defense and the development of Nick Fitz the big WRs Todd, Couch and the Egyptian Osiris are who I really want to see Video and hear good things about. If just one of them break out next year it will do wonders. If more than one of them break out then watch out we really could compete for the west next year.