PDA

View Full Version : Freeze smarts off on Gundy.. Wow..

fishwater99
02-28-2017, 04:23 PM
"Maybe we can meet in another Sugar Bowl and see how that goes," Freeze said

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/02/28/hugh-freeze-mike-gundy-mississippi-ncaa-sugar-bowl/98535372/

Cooterpoot
02-28-2017, 04:31 PM
A girls basketball coach vs a grown man.......interesting

msstate7
02-28-2017, 04:31 PM
That sugar was freeze's last bowl. He's done

thf24
02-28-2017, 04:32 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to say whatever you want when your reputation is destroyed and you may have as little as a few months left in college football.

Still, you've got to wonder what's going through his mind right now. An intelligent, rational human being in his current position just keeps his mouth shut and his head down, period.

AlSwearengen
Not very Christian of him.

Boodawg
Such a great Christian, I'll tell you what. Hate to judge, but dang.

DeviousDawg
02-28-2017, 04:35 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/02/28/hugh-freeze-mike-gundy-mississippi-ncaa-sugar-bowl/98535372/

Gundy would kick Freeze's ass.

Facing LOIC and a sure show cause, yet still a snarky, cocky little bitch.

Hugh, what do you not understand about cheating not being fair? No one likes being cheated out of something they deserved. Hell, if you weren't a cheating bastard, it would have been Dak and MSU whooping Oklahoma State's ass in the Sugar Bowl.

Ari Gold
02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Not very Christian of him.

Honestly That's actually one of the more Christian things Hugh has done over the past 5 years..

Beaver
02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
After the NCAA is finished Freeze will have never been to a Sugar Bowl soooo....

msstate7
02-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Comments like this are why I don't want freeze to resign. I want him to be OM's HC when the NCAA issues a show cause and declares freeze a fraud to the world.

DeviousDawg
02-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Comments like this are why I don't want freeze to resign. I want him to be OM's HC when the NCAA issues a show cause and declares freeze a fraud to the world.

Agreed. I still don't know if I'd rather see him stay or go. It would be so satisfying to see him get a show cause and have to repent for his sins, but then again it would be so much more satisfying to kick his ass on the field until Ole Miss fires him.

While it is fun to imagine watching him have to stick around, the NCAA will not let that happen. 5 year show cause minimum for the Beav.

starkvegasdawg
02-28-2017, 05:00 PM

Can't they give him a show cause even if he resigns/fired?

msstate7
02-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Can't they give him a show cause even if he resigns/fired?

Yeah, but there will no press conference at that point.

maroonmania
02-28-2017, 05:02 PM

So did Freeze pledge to only use players in the game he got on the up and up? I mean Gundy's complaint was simply his team got beat by UM players of whom many were obtained by nefarious means. My retort to Gundy would be that he only had to play them once unlike SEC West teams that have to play the cheaters every year.

Reason2succeed
02-28-2017, 05:08 PM
So did Freeze pledge to only use players in the game he got on the up and up? I mean Gundy's complaint was simply his team got beat by UM players of whom many were obtained by nefarious means. My retort to Gundy would be that he only had to play them once unlike SEC West teams that have to play the cheaters every year.

Not only do we have to play them once a year but unlike Gundy who is mad about losing Treadwell to them we can recount a bunch of players that were leaning our way before OM's bagmen showed up.

maroonmania
02-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Not only do we have to play them once a year but unlike Gundy who is mad about losing Treadwell to them we can recount a bunch of players that were leaning our way before OM's bagmen showed up.

Wasn't even aware that OK State was much of a player for Treadwell. I actually thought the other OSU was the one pissed about Treadwell.

Indndawg
02-28-2017, 05:36 PM

little penis syndrome

Cooterpoot
02-28-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm disappointed Bjork hasn't jumped in on twitter.

DLGDawg
02-28-2017, 05:53 PM
DD I want him gone. Look at it this way...whoever they get to work in that cesspool will be a crap hire. Plus we won't have to look at him on tv anymore. And that's a big big plus.LLTK

Agreed. I still don't know if I'd rather see him stay or go. It would be so satisfying to see him get a show cause and have to repent for his sins, but then again it would be so much more satisfying to kick his ass on the field until Ole Miss fires him.

While it is fun to imagine watching him have to stick around, the NCAA will not let that happen. 5 year show cause minimum for the Beav.

Bothrops
02-28-2017, 06:07 PM
That place sucks. Freeze speaks with a forked tongue.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-28-2017, 06:35 PM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/27/272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a 51f77c0665f840.jpg

msbulldog
02-28-2017, 06:38 PM

The good thing about him staying is the NCAA will open a satellite office in Oxfart. As long as Freeze is there, the NCAA will be there. Freeze has become to the NCAA, what Jackie Wayne Sherrill was, a target. The bad thing is it would be good for the Oxfart economy, I am sure the NCAA has a very liberal expense account.

Travelingdawg
02-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Hell, if you weren't a cheating bastard, it would have been Dak and MSU whooping Oklahoma State's ass in the Sugar Bowl.

This is what ticks me off those cheating SOBS kept us out of Sugar Bowl.

PMDawg
02-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Come on Grundy, he teed it up for you!!! Response: "well we know that won't happen this year." Drop mic, do the Hammer off the stage.

defiantdog
02-28-2017, 08:29 PM
So.... Freeze didn't decline the comment that Gundy made about him cheating huh. I think this is the first time Freeze has accepted his cheating ways. I believe that's the last stage of the grieving process.

GTHOM
02-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Mike Gundy just laughed his ass off

Barking 13
02-28-2017, 09:50 PM
and in this corner, with a mullet, at 200 lbs, miiiike gundy.. and in this corner wearing red and blue skinny jeans and a whole lot of teeth, from briarcrest, the beaver....

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Hell, if you weren't a cheating bastard, it would have been Dak and MSU whooping Oklahoma State's ass in the Sugar Bowl.

This is what ticks me off those cheating SOBS kept us out of Sugar Bowl.

Don't be too pissed. Since the playoff era the sugar bowl means jack shit. I think the OM OkSt sugar bowl featured the 2 worst teams in sugar bowl history by their rankings.

Chip
02-28-2017, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that Freeze can make a Sugar Bowl appearance again, as I don't think a show cause penalty precludes him from purchasing a ticket and watching from the stands. Grundy however may make it back on the sideline.

Todd4State
03-01-2017, 12:05 AM
The good thing about him staying is the NCAA will open a satellite office in Oxfart. As long as Freeze is there, the NCAA will be there. Freeze has become to the NCAA, what Jackie Wayne Sherrill was, a target. The bad thing is it would be good for the Oxfart economy, I am sure the NCAA has a very liberal expense account.

I honestly think that the NCAA wants Freeze worse than they wanted Jackie. Then again, it doesn't help that Ole Miss hasn't fired Freeze yet so it could be that the NCAA is more upset at Ole Miss the institution and that could be skewing my perception about the two situations.

That's the biggest difference between MSU and Ole Miss. We would have complied and without question we would have fired Freeze months ago if he was coaching for us. Then we would be on probation for a year or two and then we would go right back to business after that.