PDA

View Full Version : Bama picked to lose to Mississippi State in 2017

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 12:36 PM
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/SEC-analyst-Alabama-will-lose-to-Florida-St-Miss-St-in-2017-51523049

Uhh ohhh boys the trend is growing! Bama and LSU are going down.

ShotgunDawg
02-28-2017, 12:42 PM
I can see us beating LSU, but we have no chance against Bama.

We just aren't built to beat them. We have to have success running the football in order to open up our offense & running against Bama is virtually impossible.

For all that Mullen has done with our offense in his tenure, I've come to accept that Saban is his daddy & our offense just isn't schematically built to move the football against them.

msstate7
02-28-2017, 12:43 PM
While I don't see it, it would be great. Not only great bc we beat bama and lsu, but also bc mullen's outspoken critics here would have no more bullets

msstate7
02-28-2017, 12:45 PM
I can see us beating LSU, but we have no chance against Bama.

We just aren't built to beat them. We have to have success running the football in order to open up our offense & running against Bama is virtually impossible.

For all that Mullen has done with our offense in his tenure, I've come to accept that Saban is his daddy & our offense just isn't schematically built to move the football against them.

Ohio state in '14 says you wrong. The gap in talent is the reason, not the scheme

Reason2succeed
02-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Finally someone in the media who loves us. And I can get with his pick. Why not? He's right. Better decision making by Mullen, better QB and real running game plus a real defensive coordinator could do wonders for this team.

Yes, we went 6-7 last year but it wasn't because of a lack of talent.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Uh huh ... yea right. Not while Saban is there. This is classified as "Fake Predictions" ... sorta like Fake News.

BrunswickDawg
02-28-2017, 12:53 PM
I feel good about the D - Grantham's hire alone is worth 2 wins over last year. As usual, it will come down to OL. To me, it is critical that we come out of spring with a good idea of who the starting 5 are. Give them the summer to gel as a unit. Hell, make them all live together and get so tight they finish each other's sentences.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Finally someone in the media who loves us. And I can get with his pick. Why not? He's right. Better decision making by Mullen, better QB and real running game plus a real defensive coordinator could do wonders for this team.

Yes, we went 6-7 last year but it wasn't because of a lack of talent.

Better than Saban ... SMH. Not saying Saban is great but how many really close games against good teams in SEC do we win? Dan's batting average there is not too good I don't believe.

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Uh huh ... yea right. Not while Saban is there. This is classified as "Fake Predictions" ... sorta like Fake News.

Trump fake or amateur fake?

louisvilledawg
02-28-2017, 12:56 PM
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/SEC-analyst-Alabama-will-lose-to-Florida-St-Miss-St-in-2017-51523049

Uhh ohhh boys the trend is growing! Bama and LSU are going down.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hPPx8yk3Bmqys/source.gif

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Trump fake or amateur fake?

More like Facebook Fake.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 12:59 PM
I feel good about the D - Grantham's hire alone is worth 2 wins over last year. As usual, it will come down to OL. To me, it is critical that we come out of spring with a good idea of who the starting 5 are. Give them the summer to gel as a unit. Hell, make them all live together and get so tight they finish each other's sentences.

My thoughts on this. It will take TG a little time ... in the meantime next year a good many will be questioning his decision making, whether he was the right hire, etc. Sorta like they are with Cann and Howland now. Cann in his 1st year (and a rebuilding one) and Howland in his 2nd.

DeviousDawg
02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Saban shuts down the read option first and foremost. Then he forces our receivers to beat their DB's one on one, and our O-line to hold their D-line long enough for that to happen. We don't have the athletes at receiver needed to get that done. The only way we will have any sort of shot is if our defense absolutely shuts down their offense.

If you have the playmakers at receiver, you can beat Saban. See Ole Miss.

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 01:01 PM
More like Facebook Fake.

Lol...wow. That low huh?

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 01:02 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/hPPx8yk3Bmqys/source.gif

Lol...Rep given

TrapGame
02-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Actually, I'd love to watch om spiral into oblivion next season while we have the Triple Crown performance of the West by beating LSU, Bama and AU. It would be the best season of MSU football EVER.

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 01:04 PM
My thoughts on this. It will take TG a little time ... in the meantime next year a good many will be questioning his decision making, whether he was the right hire, etc. Sorta like they are with Cann and Howland now. Cann in his 1st year (and a rebuilding one) and Howland in his 2nd.

Coordinators have an easier job than head coaches in transitioning. TG will make an immediate impact.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Saban shuts down the read option first and foremost. Then he forces our receivers to beat their DB's one on one, and our O-line to hold their D-line long enough for that to happen. We don't have the athletes at receiver needed to get that done. The only way we will have any sort of shot is if our defense absolutely shuts down their offense.

Or the athletes on the OL. Saban's decision making tells him to exploit other teams' weaknesses.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Coordinators have an easier job than head coaches in transitioning. TG will make an immediate impact.

Is that why Ohio State is doing so well offensively these days?

ETA: Maybe so ... we'll see and I sure hope so.

Jack Lambert
02-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Signing all those JUCO is helping with the media plus we have Flash at QB.

msbulldog
02-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Well I guess that kind of prediction is to be expected from a Auburn grad. But, strange things happen sometime, like when that TSUN player caught that TD off of another players helmet.

DeviousDawg
02-28-2017, 01:26 PM
We would have to hold them to ~20 points to even have a chance. Gonna be a tall task. Would also need a turnover-6 or special team touchdown.

BrunswickDawg
02-28-2017, 01:32 PM

If we were making the switch to 3-4 THIS season, I would agree with you. The hard part of the switch is out of the way. TG is proven pro, and I think is exactly who we need to make a jump on D this year.

GTHOM
02-28-2017, 01:47 PM

No reason for Grantham not to put a solid D out in 2017

BeardoMSU
02-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Can we go ahead and take the "W" without actually playing then? Please say yes....***

GTHOM
02-28-2017, 01:50 PM
The reason we havent beaten alabama in 9 years is bc people believe in the Bama curse. We've came close against them so many times historically but had our hearts broken and now none of us, perhaps even the team some years thinks the same way a lot of the fans do. ''We have no chance'' etc. The hell with that its in Starkville we've got a shot. Gotta love predictions for next Nov on Feb 28

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Is that why Ohio State is doing so well offensively these days?

ETA: Maybe so ... we'll see and I sure hope so.

You do know Ohio State made the college playoffs, right? Doesn't look like they're struggling too much despite being a young team last year

Activated Alpha
02-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Just remember Croom beat Saban twice. So it can be done....

MCsMGs
02-28-2017, 02:42 PM
... in the meantime next year a good many will be questioning his decision making, whether he was the right hire, etc. Sorta like they are with Cann and Howland now.

Now, there's a prediction that amounts to a layup on a 6ft basket....

HoopsDawg
02-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Just remember Croom beat Saban twice. So it can be done....

once

sleepy dawg
02-28-2017, 02:47 PM
The reason we havent beaten alabama in 9 years is bc people believe in the Bama curse. We've came close against them so many times historically but had our hearts broken and now none of us, perhaps even the team some years thinks the same way a lot of the fans do. ''We have no chance'' etc. The hell with that its in Starkville we've got a shot. Gotta love predictions for next Nov on Feb 28

That's the reason? You don't think it has to do with them being the best team in the country? They've probably won as many games as we've even played in the past 9 years.

BayouDawg
02-28-2017, 02:47 PM

Also ole miss runs a lot of routes with natural picks. These give the Bama defense fits. Clemson did it to them too. Also having an impact player at tight end goes a long way against Bama.

BayouDawg
02-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Win lose or draw against Bama there is just one thing I'd like to see Dan do. Just come and play with our nutsacs hangin out and play aggressive and let the chips fall where they may. We play too conservative and scared to make mistakes. Just happy to keep it close for a quarter or 2. Come out guns a blazing and try to put the pressure on them. We've tried the the grind it out conservative approach for 8 years and Bama just leans on us til we break.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 02:57 PM
No reason for Grantham not to put a solid D out in 2017

Maybe so ... but don't know for sure yet. He has a lot of new pieces. I figure there will be 2 or 3 games where they give up some significant points. One of those will probably be Bama. If there are more everyone will be hollering for his head.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 03:00 PM

No ... it's because of Saban. Except 2014 ... that was cause of Dan.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 03:02 PM
You do know Ohio State made the college playoffs, right? Doesn't look like they're struggling too much despite being a young team last year

a) Didn't win their own conference. They made it cause they are OSU.
b) How many did they score against Clemson?

msstate7
02-28-2017, 03:11 PM

Tough critic. Might as well prepare to hate on them again this year bc they'll be there. Ohio state will be the best team in the country this year

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 04:51 PM

National Champions have that effect on people. If TG gets us to the playoffs no one would scrutinize it like you are now.

DeviousDawg
02-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Cubilic set to be interviewed on head-to-head at 4:30, should be interesting.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Win lose or draw against Bama there is just one thing I'd like to see Dan do. Just come and play with our nutsacs hangin out and play aggressive and let the chips fall where they may. We play too conservative and scared to make mistakes. Just happy to keep it close for a quarter or 2. Come out guns a blazing and try to put the pressure on them. We've tried the the grind it out conservative approach for 8 years and Bama just leans on us til we break.

I agree with this statement. If we are going to get beat by 48 either way at least play in a manner that has the potential for success.

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Tough critic. Might as well prepare to hate on them again this year bc they'll be there. Ohio state will be the best team in the country this year

What I'm saying is they have taken a step back ... even with an experienced QB. A step back for them and they still win almost all of their regular season games. A step back for us and we go 5 - 6 and lose to USA.

I'm not too tough ... I ain't questioning yet whether Cann or Howland were good hires. I still believe they were.

msstate7
02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
I'm not too tough ... I ain't questioning yet whether Cann or Howland were good hires. I still believe they were.

Haha nice

I promise if either can keep us a top 5 team year-in, year-out like Meyer, I'll never question them again

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 08:01 PM
National Champions have that effect on people. If TG gets us to the playoffs no one would scrutinize it like you are now.

You're right about the scrutiny ... but I can guarantee he ain't taking to playoffs next year. I do believe we'll be improved on D but not sure every piece is a plug-n-play as a lot of folks seem or want to believe.

bulldawg28
02-28-2017, 09:13 PM
You're right about the scrutiny ... but I can guarantee he ain't taking to playoffs next year. I do believe we'll be improved on D but not sure every piece is a plug-n-play as a lot of folks seem or want to believe.

The juco talent signed are upgrades and are needed plug-ins

dawgday166
02-28-2017, 09:25 PM
I understand that .. just saying they may not plug right in as quickly as everyone believes. We haven't been doing too well the last few years with "plug-n-play" jucos. We'll see. I certainly don't think they plug in enough to beat Bama next year. Might have a shot in '18 maybe ... and it is still a very long maybe in my mind. If I'm wrong on this coming year ... I will gladly eat crow and I won't forget that you called it either.

I'm still somewhat hopeful. Haven't moved to cautiously optimistic yet and won't till I watch a few games.

Jack Lambert
03-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Also ole miss runs a lot of routes with natural picks. These give the Bama defense fits. Clemson did it to them too. Also having an impact player at tight end goes a long way against Bama.

so that high school offense tricks Saban.

dawgday166
03-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Haha nice

I promise if either can keep us a top 5 team year-in, year-out like Meyer, I'll never question them again

Just saw this:

Meyer is probably at the 2nd best CFB place to be at other than Bama. It's at the very least in the top 5.

So Howland and Cann have to keep us in top 5, but Dan gets to lose 4 SEC W games every year while finishing usually 5 or 6 in his own division with no repercussions ****

No offense meant here but ... it does seem as if you have a short leash on 1st or 2nd year coaches (Franklin comes to mind and look at what he inherited), but your patience with Dan seems to be approaching infinity.

msstate7
03-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Just saw this:

Meyer is probably at the 2nd best CFB place to be at other than Bama. It's at the very least in the top 5.

So Howland and Cann have to keep us in top 5, but Dan gets to lose 4 SEC W games every year while finishing usually 5 or 6 in his own division with no repercussions ****

No offense meant here but ... it does seem as if you have a short leash on 1st or 2nd year coaches (Franklin comes to mind and look at what he inherited), but your patience with Dan seems to be approaching infinity.

Most of my criticism is bc I was too optimistic to start with. I admit that freely... I may be critical of howland and can, but trust me, I support them and believe they'll win.

Urban went 17-6 at BG, 22-2 at Utah (undefeated one year), 65-15 at Florida with 2 titles, 61-6 at Ohio state (1 natty so far), and is currently 165-29 (85% winning). What has Florida done without urban? Urban may be at a top tier school, but make no mistake, urban is a top tier coach regardless of sport. Find an NCAA coach that's coached at 4 different schools for 15 years total that has an 85% winning %. Hell, find a coach that's coached 15 years that has an 85% winning %

dawgday166
03-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Most of my criticism is bc I was too optimistic to start with. I admit that freely... I may be critical of howland and can, but trust me, I support them and believe they'll win.

Urban went 17-6 at BG, 22-2 at Utah (undefeated one year), 65-15 at Florida with 2 titles, 61-6 at Ohio state (1 natty so far), and is currently 165-29 (85% winning). What has Florida done without urban? Urban may be at a top tier school, but make no mistake, urban is a top tier coach regardless of sport. Find an NCAA coach that's coached at 4 different schools for 15 years total that has an 85% winning %. Hell, find a coach that's coached 15 years that has an 85% winning %

No argument at all on Urban. I'm somewhat of an Urban fan ... he the anti-Saban. Tired of the traditional powers always getting some favoritism tho.

You may can make a similar argument tho for Howland. What has UCLA done since? (and it's a traditional hoops power). What has Pitt done? Now Howland is at State, and it's never been a top 5 hoops power best I can recall.

If in year 4 Howland isn't putting a good product on the court, then I'll start scratching my head.

I understand the over-optimism part ... that's why on a personal level I ain't jumping back into the Mullen boat as quickly as everyone else is. A good recruiting class on paper is a good start to a turn around ... but I want to see it on the field. I refuse to get to "woo-hooish" for a while until I see some things that change my mind.

RougeDawg
03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Would this be a first in SEC history where a team picked dead last in the conference beats two teams that will be picked top 4?