PDA

View Full Version : So with vacated wins, does MSU just take the loss off the record but not give a win?

Tbonewannabe
02-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Mullen being 5-3 currently, will he be 5-0 after UM has to vacate Hugh's wins?

AFDawg
02-28-2017, 10:30 AM
No. Freeze's wins are expunged, but the opponents' losses are still losses.

Dawgtini
02-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Mullen being 5-3 currently, will he be 5-0 after UM has to vacate Hugh's wins?

Hopefully, since the wins were due to cheating, they will be FORFEITS like in the old days, not vacated victories.

maroonmania
02-28-2017, 10:52 AM
No. Freeze's wins are expunged, but the opponents' losses are still losses.

Yep, pretty sure you are correct but it makes ZERO sense. So your opponent CHEATS to beat you and loses credit for the win but you are still stuck with a loss. At MINIMUM, even if its not a forfeit, the loser should get to expunge the loss as well where it becomes like the game was never played. I guess the reasoning by the NCAA is that if you start changing everyone's records years afterward it affects conference championships and the like as well so the NCAA just doesn't want to deal with that impact.

Jack Lambert
02-28-2017, 10:54 AM
It will help is the over all record. Less wins for ole miss.

Tbonewannabe
02-28-2017, 10:55 AM
It will help is the over all record. Less wins for ole miss.

No, it won't affect us at all. Mullen will still be 5-3 but UM just can't claim the 3 wins on their total. Doesn't really make sense but whatever.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-28-2017, 02:01 PM
I really don't give a s%&@ about vacated wins and I am sure OM fans don't either. It is the stupidest punishment that the NCAA has.

Tbonewannabe
02-28-2017, 03:46 PM
I really don't give a s%&@ about vacated wins and I am sure OM fans don't either. It is the stupidest punishment that the NCAA has.

It allows the NCAA to take away the Sugar Bowl trophy and any mention of it so it is ok with me.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-28-2017, 04:20 PM
It allows the NCAA to take away the Sugar Bowl trophy and any mention of it so it is ok with me.

Yea that's cool and all but they still got to experience winning it.

shannondawg
02-28-2017, 04:26 PM
So I won't be getting my $200 back plus the $200 for winning the two games?

Thats ok, cause I have had that much fun picking at him about paying me back

Jack Lambert
02-28-2017, 04:39 PM
No, it won't affect us at all. Mullen will still be 5-3 but UM just can't claim the 3 wins on their total. Doesn't really make sense but whatever.

You are right about our record against Ole Miss will not change however it will help in the over all win deferential. Right now the over all deferential is Miss leads, 63–44–6. Ole Miss has 63 wins and State has 44 wins. Ole Miss win count will change by the number of games Ole Miss has to vacate between the Houston Nutt years and the Freeze years they vacate.