PDA

View Full Version : Huge Burger really doing his best to make nice.

Bucky Dog
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM
His last few articles I've read, he is absolutely destroying Freeze and the outlook on the plantation. While today's article praises Mullen for his record and contract extension, he pretty much calls every recruit out by asking them WHY would you choose OM over State right now given everything that's going on!!

Now he has definitely set himself up for an "I told you so!" moment if Mullen doesn't take advantage of the situation, but I agree with him and am ok with that.

- We don't give those shitbirds clicks NO MATTER what. NO CL LINKS
-Scooba

BrunswickDawg
02-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Not bad for that sorry ass water carrier.

He is right about the recruits. It does beg the question of future recruits, but the recent recruits too. Why would you have chosen OM with the sword hanging over their heads THIS year. I wonder?$$$$$

On a side note - anyone else how excited a number of the OM twitter brigade were that we extended Mullen?? They are 5-3 against Mullen - and the 3 will probably be vacated - and they were truly ecstatic. It's bizarre. They really think they "own" us with Mullen as HC.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Again, they are trying to salvage their sports section. They bought everything Ole Miss sold them and have pissed on State for over a decade. They have come to the realization (late) that they have alienated an entire fan base and boarded a ship that is now sinking. I won't give a dime or a click to that shit paper. They made their bed. Lie in it, mother f**kers.

msstatelp1
02-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Again, they are trying to salvage their sports section. They bought everything Ole Miss sold them and have pissed on State for over a decade. They have come to the realization (late) that they have alienated an entire fan base and boarded a ship that is now sinking. I won't give a dime or a click to that shit paper. They made their bed. Lie in it, mother f**kers.

This exactly. As someone else has said the next edition of that rag that I buy will be the last one they are printing.

msstate7
02-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Not bad for that sorry ass water carrier.

He is right about the recruits. It does beg the question of future recruits, but the recent recruits too. Why would you have chosen OM with the sword hanging over their heads THIS year. I wonder?$$$$$

On a side note - anyone else how excited a number of the OM twitter brigade were that we extended Mullen?? They are 5-3 against Mullen - and the 3 will probably be vacated - and they were truly ecstatic. It's bizarre. They really think they "own" us with Mullen as HC.
Mullen will have seen their last 2 HCs fired and he's still at state

GreenheadDawg
02-28-2017, 08:53 AM
This exactly. As someone else has said the next edition of that rag that I buy will be the last one they are printing.

This. I nor my family will ever give them another cent

ShotgunDawg
02-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Yup, follow the money. Funny how everyone wants to be your friend when your now where the money is.

The CL made a terrible decision to support the wrong side. Now that wrong side won't care for the next 5 years and the CL alienated the MSU fan base.

The CL made a bet that OM was where the money was but they choose poorly.

Screw em. Make them go out of business.

starkvegasdawg
02-28-2017, 09:15 AM
What is this Clarion Ledger you speak of? I may remember reading something in an old history book of some ancient corrupt periodical that seemed to go by that name, but I haven't read anything of theirs in such a long time I figured they were long since out of business.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately, most of our fans will lap their shit up. We need to make a point to continue to not support them. They need us WAY more than we need them. I would recommend yahoo sports, genespage, 247, and hailstate for your college sports/MSU sports fix. All of those are more informative that the CL can even PRETEND to be.

Boodawg
02-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Well, if we could turn the tables completely, and have the CL on our side just like OM has had forever, it would only benefit State. However, we know that will never happen, so screw em.

Dawg61
02-28-2017, 09:25 AM
Until the Clarion Ledger doesn't exist anymore and is a pile of ash don't link articles to them. Ever!!! **** that piece of shit newspaper

MadDawg
02-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Best decision I ever made was cancelling that rag. Haven't picked one up in years.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 09:34 AM
If you want to pay for news then get you a subscription to Genespage or 247. They have some good, insightful articles. Plus...damn...we kind of owe it to Rosebowl.

maroonmania
02-28-2017, 09:35 AM

Exactly, don't give them a click. It's a Trap! (said in my best Admiral Ackbar voice).

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-28-2017, 09:39 AM
I concur with what most on here have said about not reading that trash. Besides...think about this. Where did you hear that the 2nd/amended NOA was being put out? Where do you hear about so and so committing to State first? Where do you hear about anything related to MSU first? Where will you hear about Freeze being canned first? Answer= on any of the many message boards that are pro MSU. There is truly NO NEED for the Clarion-Loser any more. NONE. 17 those shitbird lovers.

Dawgtini
02-28-2017, 09:50 AM
What is this Clarion Ledger you speak of? I may remember reading something in an old history book of some ancient corrupt periodical that seemed to go by that name, but I haven't read anything of theirs in such a long time I figured they were long since out of business.
Isn't that a Nashville rag?

WSOPdawg
02-28-2017, 09:52 AM

This all day long!!!! Don't want them on the Bulldog train, don't want them off the 9-over-3 Hugh-is-a-saint train!!!! Again, after all the CL has done to down MSU (with every waking breath), don't support them and let that rag die a miserable death.

KB21
02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
If you want to pay for news then get you a subscription to Genespage or 247. They have some good, insightful articles. Plus...damn...we kind of owe it to Rosebowl.

I want to, but I'm waiting to see what Steve does with the website now that scout was purchased by CBS. I don't want to pay a subscription to scout only to have it taken down in 2 weeks.

Political Hack
02-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Until the Clarion Ledger doesn't exist anymore and is a pile of ash don't link articles to them. Ever!!! **** that piece of shit newspaper

I like this guy. It's still a rag. They carried their water for 4 years and now that the world has started hammering them the CL finally reports on it? Too little WAY too late. Tomorrow they're going to have a story about us landing in the moon.

WSOPdawg
02-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Yup, follow the money. Funny how everyone wants to be your friend when your now where the money is.

The CL made a terrible decision to support the wrong side. Now that wrong side won't care for the next 5 years and the CL alienated the MSU fan base.

The CL made a bet that OM was where the money was but they choose poorly.

Screw em. Make them go out of business.

And the crazy thing is that if they would have just remained neutral and covered all sports from a neutral point of view, they'd be welcomed with open arms. But they are who they are and there's too much water (or should I say Bulldog blood spilled by the CL) under the bridge for me to even spend another penny on them.

@#$% those shitbirds, too!!!

Boodawg
02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I like this guy. It's still a rag. They carried their water for 4 years and now that the world has started hammering them the CL finally reports on it? Too little WAY too late. Tomorrow they're going to have a story about us landing in the moon.

4 years??? I think they've been in existence longer than that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-28-2017, 10:08 AM
I would recommend yahoo sports, genespage, 247, and hailstate for your college sports/MSU sports fix....

Yes screw ED and SPS....

Tbonewannabe
02-28-2017, 10:12 AM
And the crazy thing is that if they would have just remained neutral and covered all sports from a neutral point of view, they'd be welcomed with open arms. But they are who they are and there's too much water (or should I say Bulldog blood spilled by the CL) under the bridge for me to even spend another penny on them.

@#$% those shitbirds, too!!!

As much shit as they gave Jackie when he was under investigation, it is obvious which side they favor. They not only haven't done the weekly recap of the ongoing investigation like they did against MSU but they completely ignored that they were even being investigated. Neutral would be just doing their job but they were vindictive against Jackie and then refused to report on the facts against the Beaver.

oildawg
02-28-2017, 10:23 AM
They are 5-3 against Mullen - and the 3 will probably be vacated - and they were truly ecstatic. It's bizarre. They really think they "own" us with Mullen as HC.

They are 3-5 versus Mullen - and the three will probably be vacated.

AusTexDawg
02-28-2017, 10:28 AM
I would recommend yahoo sports, genespage, 247, and hailstate for your college sports/MSU sports fix.

The Commercial Dispatch does a good job covering the MSU beat. They have regular features beyond just covering the games.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Yes screw ED and SPS....

Nice edit of my original post. I said "If you want to PAY for news..." I don't pay to be a member of ED or SPS...do you???

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 11:45 AM
The Commercial Dispatch does a good job covering the MSU beat. They have regular features beyond just covering the games.

This is true. They were all over the Redmond case though...which is ok, I guess, since they are really the local news paper. More times then not, though, they have good-great MSU coverage.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Someone ask Killaburger if he has filed the FOI paperwork on Ole Miss...

Bucky Dog
02-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Just to be clear about my post, i was making it a point that it is sad that he is doing this now after so many years and how he has treated us versus them up until now. It is too little too late, but that said I was really floored about the question he was posing to recruits over the next few years about why would they choose OM over State.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-28-2017, 12:10 PM
This is true. They were all over the Redmond case though...which is ok, I guess, since they are really the local news paper. More times then not, though, they have good-great MSU coverage.

The difference between the Redmond case and OM is that MSU was much more open and cooperative with the NCAA, so there was more news available to report. OM has put up numerous blocks on FOIA's due to "privacy concerns".

State82
02-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Hell, you can get everything you need right here and on HailState.com. Schedules and game times from hailstate and all pertinent news, info, inside scoop and such from EliteDawgs.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Yes I do!! Don't everybody?** And you didn't say anything about paying in your post, which is what I was quoting.

Dawgology
02-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes I do!! Don't everybody?

Ha! Good one!

sleepy dawg
02-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Exactly, don't give them a click. It's a Trap! (said in my best Admiral Ackbar voice).

You have multiple levels of your Admiral Ackbar voice?

maroonmania
02-28-2017, 02:18 PM

Ah yes, the days of Matt Stevens. What a little ray of sunshine he was.