PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead getting boring

State82
02-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Been a big fan but I'm starting to lose interest. The last couple of episodes since the midseason startup have been less than stellar for me.

Tbonewannabe
02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
I agree. I am ready for the war already. This dragging it out is getting old.

starkvegasdawg
02-28-2017, 07:53 AM
It is making for some slow episodes, but I think they are setting it up for an intense last couple episodes. I'm interested how they are going to approach oceanside to illicit their help when they have a shoot on sight philosophy.

BulldogBear
03-02-2017, 02:58 PM
I have to admit that I was disappointed with this new group, the "Heapsters" or Scavengers. Just comes across as lame.... I mean..."Heapsters Lame. Show Slow. Action soon or bored."

starkvegasdawg
03-02-2017, 03:37 PM
I have to admit that I was disappointed with this new group, the "Heapsters" or Scavengers. Just comes across as lame.... I mean..."Heapsters Lame. Show Slow. Action soon or bored."

They may be building towards an epic season finale, although they said this season would have more action. This was what? The third episode? That only leaves 4 before the finale. I'm betting one or two more slow shows and then it picks up. The fight between the good guys and Negan may be two episodes long.

Who thinks Eugene is just playing Negan? I really can't see them turning him bad.

BulldogBear
03-02-2017, 04:12 PM
They may be building towards an epic season finale, although they said this season would have more action. This was what? The third episode? That only leaves 4 before the finale. I'm betting one or two more slow shows and then it picks up. The fight between the good guys and Negan may be two episodes long.

Who thinks Eugene is just playing Negan? I really can't see them turning him bad.

With Eugene it's hard to tell. Was he ever truly loyal or was he loyal because he felt safe. Negan tells him he doesn't have to be afraid anymore....and that's all Eugene has been looking for.

I don't mind a lot of build up to action. That's why I don't mind a lot of character development and back story before it all goes down in say, a war movie for instance. I just really think this new group is a stretch.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2017, 09:26 AM
With Eugene it's hard to tell. Was he ever truly loyal or was he loyal because he felt safe. Negan tells him he doesn't have to be afraid anymore....and that's all Eugene has been looking for.

I don't mind a lot of build up to action. That's why I don't mind a lot of character development and back story before it all goes down in say, a war movie for instance. I just really think this new group is a stretch.

Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the new group. Guess they need as many groups as possible to go against Negan. By my count we now have 4 groups. Hopefully, they won't bring in any more this late in the game.

msstate7
03-12-2017, 09:01 PM
To think this show used to be great is sad

HereComesTheSpiral
03-13-2017, 09:28 AM
To think this show used to be great is sad

It went down like a plane that just lost all of its engines.

Tbonewannabe
03-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the new group. Guess they need as many groups as possible to go against Negan. By my count we now have 4 groups. Hopefully, they won't bring in any more this late in the game.

Also the new group is just weird. It is almost like they tried to create a MadMax group since we are in the apocalypse.

Tbonewannabe
03-13-2017, 01:29 PM
It went down like a plane that just lost all of its engines.

It seems to be losing steam quick. The last few episodes, my wife and I have been watching it while we mess around with our Ipads. We have loved this show and went on 2 of the Walking Dead tours where they shot the show. Now we almost watch it out of habit more than anything else.

Jack Lambert
03-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Looks like they are setting up for a big fight which will take place next season. Three more Sundays and it over for a while.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-13-2017, 02:34 PM
It seems to be losing steam quick. The last few episodes, my wife and I have been watching it while we mess around with our Ipads. We have loved this show and went on 2 of the Walking Dead tours where they shot the show. Now we almost watch it out of habit more than anything else.

I quit watching right after the first episode this season and it seems like the only reason I watched the three previous out of habit. If you watched the previous, you have seen the new season other than a few new faces. If you haven't watched it, I suggest Black Sails.

Tbonewannabe
03-13-2017, 04:02 PM
I quit watching right after the first episode this season and it seems like the only reason I watched the three previous out of habit. If you watched the previous, you have seen the new season other than a few new faces. If you haven't watched it, I suggest Black Sails.

I have seen every episode of Walking Dead. We watched season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead but quit watching in Season 2 when they were on the boat. The dumb girl was giving away their location but we just didn't really like any of the people so we quite watching. Is it worth picking back up? Too much other shit on tv that I like. I have watched Black Sails a little so I might pick it back up and talk my wife into watching it. At least the chicks are hot and occasionally naked.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-13-2017, 04:52 PM
I have seen every episode of Walking Dead. We watched season 1 of Fear the Walking Dead but quit watching in Season 2 when they were on the boat. The dumb girl was giving away their location but we just didn't really like any of the people so we quite watching. Is it worth picking back up? Too much other shit on tv that I like. I have watched Black Sails a little so I might pick it back up and talk my wife into watching it. At least the chicks are hot and occasionally naked.

Seasons 1 and 2 are kind of slow moving so I can see how people lose interest on the first watch, the rewatch is actually better since you know all of the characters.

Bully13
03-13-2017, 05:11 PM
I thought the last episode was ok. I'm gonna ride it out.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Agreed. I feel like I am watching a damn soap opera.

Tbonewannabe
03-14-2017, 02:20 PM
I haven't seen this week's episode and normally we would have watched it as soon as we could. Instead of watching it first thing, we have actually watched the BBC Planet Earth 2 episodes. I will probably watch it tomorrow. It is definitely more soap opera than zombie show now. A lot of what made it awesome isn't the same now. I seem to be pulling for Negan just because he seems a lot more interesting.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen this week's episode and normally we would have watched it as soon as we could. Instead of watching it first thing, we have actually watched the BBC Planet Earth 2 episodes. I will probably watch it tomorrow. It is definitely more soap opera than zombie show now. A lot of what made it awesome isn't the same now. I seem to be pulling for Negan just because he seems a lot more interesting.

I will be pissed when Negan dies. He is the only one left with balls on the show.

starkvegasdawg
03-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I will be pissed when Negan dies. He is the only one left with balls on the show.

I don't think they kill him. If they follow the comics at all he will be taken prisoner by Rick's group and eventually become a half-willing ally against the whisperers next season.

jumbo
03-16-2017, 10:18 AM

they kept the governor around, they'll keep Negan

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Been a big fan but I'm starting to lose interest. The last couple of episodes since the midseason startup have been less than stellar for me.

I swear if I see another man cry on TWD I am f*$#-ing done. It is so ridiculous. Nut up and ATTACK NEEGAN ALREADY GEEZ!!!!!!

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2017, 09:44 AM
So Rosita saw Dwight right? There is no way Darryl got there that fast and Dwight has his crossbow. Does Dwight start a revolution inside the Saviors? Might be the thing that tips the scales. We are slowly dragging to the season ending showdown. All I have to say is they better not try that cliffhanger shit again. The last few episodes are already losing viewers but they could lose a lot of people if they try and pull that shit. I already have just watched it on DVR instead of live and I quit watching the Talking Dead.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2017, 12:19 PM
These last two episodes better be balls to the wall. I actually fell asleep during this last episode. Something tells me they do try some kind of cliffhanger. Just what I am not sure since they did get so much backlash after this last one. Although, to be honest, it didn't bother me. This wasn't the first season with a cliff hanger. They had one at terminus when they were locked in the boxcar and Rick said they were screwing with the wrong people.

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2017, 02:44 PM
These last two episodes better be balls to the wall. I actually fell asleep during this last episode. Something tells me they do try some kind of cliffhanger. Just what I am not sure since they did get so much backlash after this last one. Although, to be honest, it didn't bother me. This wasn't the first season with a cliff hanger. They had one at terminus when they were locked in the boxcar and Rick said they were screwing with the wrong people.

I think the whole not knowing who died was a little different than the normal cliff hanger. They tried for the type of "Who shot JR?" excitement which did work for a while but I think people are getting tired of it.

Jack Lambert
03-21-2017, 03:58 PM

They bit off more then they could chew trying to set up this big alliance and battle with the saviors. They could have shorten it a good bit just by having all these episodes done in half by combining them. They did not have to develop all the characters like they did. They should have just cut to the chase. The comic book readers might care but the television watchers only, really only cares about Rick and his group. Who was really up set with the two kingdom characters that died last week? No one. We really only care what happens to Rick and his group.

I think the Kingdom and those garbage kids are the dumbest thing ever on the show. This king crap is really ridiculous. The Hilltop and Alexandria makes sense. Even Negan and his Mafia way makes sense. I could see those communities taking shape like they did but who would follow a King in this day of age. I would have kicked his ass in front of everyone.

You could like Rick and Negan, kick back, drink a beer with them, then go **** that leader of the garbage kids but that king seems like a pompous *****.

Bully13
03-21-2017, 04:40 PM
I'm syked about what Darryl does. Wanna see how his role plays out. I'm still in. He's always been my favorite. I like carol too . Wanna see negan get the shit beat out of him.

MagicDawg
03-21-2017, 05:50 PM

When the COI meets I'm sure it will get interesting again.

Political Hack
03-27-2017, 04:44 PM
It's slow now. I'm losing interest. The big finale is going to be the start of the war and next season will be a whole year of war. I will say Neegan is too good to kill off this early, but they needed more of a punch this season. Guy bashes in Glen's head and then everyone went into a scared panic and then finally into a planning mode. I appreciate the need to be methodical for the story line, but it's drug out way too long.

Bully13
03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
I enjoyed the last episode. So just one more for this season?

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2017, 09:48 PM
It's slow now. I'm losing interest. The big finale is going to be the start of the war and next season will be a whole year of war. I will say Neegan is too good to kill off this early, but they needed more of a punch this season. Guy bashes in Glen's head and then everyone went into a scared panic and then finally into a planning mode. I appreciate the need to be methodical for the story line, but it's drug out way too long.

It is like instead of being a show about zombies, they are trying to force this emotional moment in every scene.

msstate7
03-28-2017, 07:02 AM
I enjoyed the last episode. So just one more for this season?

Correct

Bully13
03-28-2017, 09:07 AM
It is like instead of being a show about zombies, they are trying to force this emotional moment in every scene.

It was never intended to be a show about zombies. A term never used in the movie btw.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2017, 05:10 PM
It was never intended to be a show about zombies. A term never used in the movie btw.

Yes, they call them biters or walkers or whatever. I understand it is more about how humanity will react when society collapses but I guess that is why Frank Darabont left the show when he did. They seem to be turning it more into a soap opera than anything. I have begun to just wait for Negan to chew up the scene than anything else. I might be more depressed when Negan gets killed than almost anyone else. At least he isn't spending most of his time whining.

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2017, 02:39 PM
For those that watched last Sunday, did it sound like Negan had a mole in Alexandria? He mentioned to Sasha that a little bird told him Rick was up to no good. I don't think that would be Eugene, so that would mean a mole in the group. If I had to guess I would say Aaron's boyfriend. What say you?

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2017, 03:08 PM
For those that watched last Sunday, did it sound like Negan had a mole in Alexandria? He mentioned to Sasha that a little bird told him Rick was up to no good. I don't think that would be Eugene, so that would mean a mole in the group. If I had to guess I would say Aaron's boyfriend. What say you?

I didn't think about that. It would be interesting if the boyfriend was just trying to save him and Aaron at the expense of everyone else. I guess I am not paying as close attention as I used to because I just thought he meant Eugene.

WSOPdawg
03-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Yes, they call them biters or walkers or whatever. I understand it is more about how humanity will react when society collapses but I guess that is why Frank Darabont left the show when he did. They seem to be turning it more into a soap opera than anything. I have begun to just wait for Negan to chew up the scene than anything else. I might be more depressed when Negan gets killed than almost anyone else. At least he isn't spending most of his time whining.

Know what you mean, Tbone. The scene where Negan tells Sasha she's got some "beach ball size lady nuts" was damn cool. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a helluva job as Negan.

Bully13
04-02-2017, 09:52 PM
That season finale kicked ass.

BulldogBear
04-02-2017, 10:36 PM
That season finale kicked ass.

Yep.

I never liked the Garbage Pail Kids anyway. Lamest group in history of show.

They lose.

Bully13
04-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Yep.

I never liked the Garbage Pail Kids anyway. Lamest group in history of show.

They lose.

I was hoping that lead bitch got shot.

Jack Lambert
04-03-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't think they kill him. If they follow the comics at all he will be taken prisoner by Rick's group and eventually become a half-willing ally against the whisperers next season.

I think they are going to continue with the comic book line. The second half of the season we will start to see the Whisperers.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
I was hoping that lead bitch got shot.

I definitely hoped this. So the Saviors are going to war, does the Garbage Pail Kids also help them or was this a one time double cross? I just don't see any way that Alexandria, The Kingdom, and The Hilltop all can defend their territory from the Saviors. It isn't like they are a couple of miles apart are they? It also looks like Dwight is still on Alexandria's side and wants to take down Negan from the note left to Daryl. I guess that was from Dwight.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2017, 12:42 PM
I think they are going to continue with the comic book line. The second half of the season we will start to see the Whisperers.

I think we see the Whisperers by mid season finale in the fall. Next spring then is all about the whisperers.

starkvegasdawg
04-03-2017, 12:43 PM
I definitely hoped this. So the Saviors are going to war, does the Garbage Pail Kids also help them or was this a one time double cross? I just don't see any way that Alexandria, The Kingdom, and The Hilltop all can defend their territory from the Saviors. It isn't like they are a couple of miles apart are they? It also looks like Dwight is still on Alexandria's side and wants to take down Negan from the note left to Daryl. I guess that was from Dwight.

I was thinking that note was from Eugene, but I really have no idea. I still think after the way things went down that Dwight better do something from a distance to prove he is on Rick's side or he or Daryl will kill him on sight next time. Just sucks we have to wait until the end of October now for the next episode. Fear the walking dead just does a piss poor job of helping to fill that gap.

State82
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Have to admit. Didn't see that one coming last night.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-03-2017, 08:30 PM
I was thinking that note was from Eugene, but I really have no idea. I still think after the way things went down that Dwight better do something from a distance to prove he is on Rick's side or he or Daryl will kill him on sight next time. Just sucks we have to wait until the end of October now for the next episode. Fear the walking dead just does a piss poor job of helping to fill that gap.

Into the badlands is getting going right now, looks like they are finally pulling all of the storylines together

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Into the badlands is getting going right now, looks like they are finally pulling all of the storylines together

I am enjoying Badlands more than TWD right now.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-04-2017, 08:31 AM
I am enjoying Badlands more than TWD right now.

The first 2 episodes were kind of a struggle to get through this season due to having so many storylines they were trying to pack into an episode, hopefully they are about to start condensing now that Sonny is coming back into the Badlands and Quinn is coming out of hiding.

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2017, 02:47 PM
The first 2 episodes were kind of a struggle to get through this season due to having so many storylines they were trying to pack into an episode, hopefully they are about to start condensing now that Sonny is coming back into the Badlands and Quinn is coming out of hiding.

Yes, similar to TWD. Put too many storylines out there and it gets confusing. If I have to take notes to enjoy the show, it isn't going to work for me. I am interested to see how the Quinn storyline develops since he has the brain tumor that will eventually kill him. Next week looks like a Battle Royale.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Yes, similar to TWD. Put too many storylines out there and it gets confusing. If I have to take notes to enjoy the show, it isn't going to work for me. I am interested to see how the Quinn storyline develops since he has the brain tumor that will eventually kill him. Next week looks like a Battle Royale.

Kind of hoping the Widow and Quinn's screw up son bite the dust.

The Federalist Engineer
04-12-2017, 09:45 AM
TWD must be written or controlled by women, it's like a Lifetime movie with Negan as the abusive spouse. The old Rick would have shoved a Machete in Negan's skull like he did the prison survivors. The saviors would notice that Rick is equally effective as Negan but less personally greedy. The show could move on.

Seriously, this is feudal society 101.

Bully13
04-16-2017, 10:53 AM
I loved it when negan said "this is what shit tastes like" as they were getting their asses kicked. Loved seeing that middle finger coming from that retreating savior truck. The tiger was awesome.

Hopefully that traitorous leader of the junk people meets her doom. I don't like her at all.

starkvegasdawg
04-17-2017, 11:39 AM
I loved it when negan said "this is what shit tastes like" as they were getting their asses kicked. Loved seeing that middle finger coming from that retreating savior truck. The tiger was awesome.

Hopefully that traitorous leader of the junk people meets her doom. I don't like her at all.

I read an article with predictions for season 8 based on the comics and their gut instincts and they seemed to think that Rick went after the garbage people first and wiped them out. They think that the tiger gets killed early on next season, too, due to the high budget for computer generated graphics.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2017, 02:20 PM
I read an article with predictions for season 8 based on the comics and their gut instincts and they seemed to think that Rick went after the garbage people first and wiped them out. They think that the tiger gets killed early on next season, too, due to the high budget for computer generated graphics.

Would make sense because they didn't cut off Rick's hand because of it. I wondered how the relationship between the garbage people and the Saviors would work. Rick has ties with the Hilltop and Kingdom so it makes sense for them to have each other's backs but Saviors and Garbage people not really. I guess the Saviors could threaten them but can't really do that when you need their help.

Bully13
04-17-2017, 06:31 PM
The tiger needs to stay. He rocks. Do the saviors really need an ally? My concern at the end was the saviors were getting ready to reattack but Rick and company were just mourning their losses. They better wipe their tears and be prepared.

I like king rasta dude and his tiger.

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2017, 08:33 AM
The tiger needs to stay. He rocks. Do the saviors really need an ally? My concern at the end was the saviors were getting ready to reattack but Rick and company were just mourning their losses. They better wipe their tears and be prepared.

I like king rasta dude and his tiger.

I like King Ezekial and Shiva. I wish I had gotten to see Jerry mess up some garbage people with that battle axe. I actually thought the same thing about the Saviors looking like they were ready to attack. The problem with Rick's coalition is they have 3 places to defend. The Saviors could overwhelm any one place or they could faint an attack at Alexandria and take out the Hilltop. Doesn't take too much strategic thinking to have a huge advantage by the Saviors.

BulldogBear
04-19-2017, 07:00 PM
I like King Ezekial and Shiva. I wish I had gotten to see Jerry mess up some garbage people with that battle axe. I actually thought the same thing about the Saviors looking like they were ready to attack. The problem with Rick's coalition is they have 3 places to defend. The Saviors could overwhelm any one place or they could faint an attack at Alexandria and take out the Hilltop. Doesn't take too much strategic thinking to have a huge advantage by the Saviors.

A military axiom comes to mind. I can't remember if it's Sun Tzu or not.

"He who defends everything defends nothing."

For Rick and all the "good guys" that probably means they need to be the aggressors for the next move.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2017, 06:45 AM
A military axiom comes to mind. I can't remember if it's Sun Tzu or not.

"He who defends everything defends nothing."

For Rick and all the "good guys" that probably means they need to be the aggressors for the next move.

You would think he would have to know a counter attack would be coming and coming soon. Take some of those explosives they didn't use in the finale and turn them into IED's on the roads they would be traveling to come back and finish them off.

99jc
04-22-2017, 04:28 PM
In the comic book rick cuts negans throat but doesn't kill him throws him in the cell Morgan built an
Nm keeps him alive. He is still alive in the most recent comics.

Tbonewannabe
04-24-2017, 07:49 AM
I think the next season is going to be a lot more action. Dropping ratings will probably change some things.

Bully13
04-24-2017, 04:47 PM
As much as I hate negan, I see what some of you have been talking about. Without him, the show takes big blow.

I loved seeing him get his ass kicked though. "This is what shit tastes like" has become one of my favorite lines

Tbonewannabe
04-25-2017, 08:38 AM
As much as I hate negan, I see what some of you have been talking about. Without him, the show takes big blow.

I loved seeing him get his ass kicked though. "This is what shit tastes like" has become one of my favorite lines

Negan for me was about the only interesting thing last year. I hope they don't kill him off.