PDA

View Full Version : WCBI - Donoho

Maroonthirteen
09-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I am not in the WCBI viewing area. However, I follow Donoho on twitter. So my question, is OM his assignment? Is there another WCBI sports reporter assigned to MSU? Most of Donoho's college tweets are OM related. Unless a lot has changed in 20 years, Columbus was a State/Bama town with OM a distant 3rd. Anyway, I can't find another WCBI guy on twitter or I would have dumped Donoho a while back.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Not sure of an answer but this is a growing problem that MSU must deal with.

About 90% of Talty's tweet are about OM
The new video girl for the CL talks mostly about OM
Pete Roussel talks mostly about OM
Veazey and the CA talk almost exclusively about OM
Godfrey
Wright Thompson
OM's mediocre to bad football program, will be the focus of two 30 for 30s on ESPN (Manning documentary and the Ghost of OM)
Bruce Feldman
Edward Aschoff
Tim Brando

The point is that we call these people homers all day long, but OM is destroying us with their media coverage and getting their message out.

Does MSU have a journalism department? and, if not, should we start one?

How do we combat this?

Schultzy
09-09-2013, 02:29 PM
He is awful even for a local six o clock news guy. I've never seen or heard him talk about in state college sports when he wasn't a complete turn off.

ScoobaDawg
09-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I cant answer about the current coverage but Derek Cody was very pro MSU there for a while but has since moved on to Scooba Tech with his video skills.

PassInterference
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Does MSU have a journalism department?

Answer: No

fishwater99
09-09-2013, 02:47 PM
And our AD Tweets about Stinky Cups....

Barking 13
09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't really see an unfair amount of coverage on WCBI for OM.. usually a pretty good balance if not leaning more toward MSU... Now the former guy, Dondero, was an MSU hater.. I'm glad his yankee anus is gone...

601Dawg
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I met Robbie during our regional this past spring as he did a live shot from the LFL, really nice guy. Also saw and talked to him again up in Omaha he stayed up there and covered out team the entire tournament. I live in South Mississippi so im not sure about him showing OM favortism but personally he seems like a level headed Journalist just doing his job.

Schultzy
09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe it's Dondero I was thinking about. It's been so long since I watched.

Maroonthirteen
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I am sure the TV coverage is very much favored towards State and Bama. it was back in the day and i bet now-a-day with multiple Bama titles....Columbus is really a bama town. However I am just talking his twitter feed. A search of twitter shows him and a WCBI sports. It just struck me as odd that he was in Oxford this weekend rather than Starkville. Maybe he is giving them some time and plans to be in Starkville for the bigger games.

gravedigger
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Not MSU related really, but I met Dondero this past spring. I asked that he come over and cover our opening day of dizzy dean baseball and he'd have the opportunity to meet Oswalt, and possibly interview him. He did. I also gave the same opportunity to WTVA and they did not choose to show up.

Dondero is polite and professional. I don't know of his allegiances.

With the amount of Talty juvenile crap out there along with Rusty Hampton, and other sports journalists that cannot keep from twisting their own bias into the commentary, I think Dondero is MUCH less of a concern for State fans. If he's a rebel, it didn't show at the time I met him.

Barking 13
09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Dondero is gone...

notsofarawaydawg
09-10-2013, 09:46 AM
WCBI sucks all the way around. They depend on their Tupelo office to do most of their news stories up in that area of the state. Derek Cody was the best thing to ever happen to them and they couldn't manage to hold on to him because Steve Rogers and bunch are idiots.

Barking 13
09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
WCBI sucks all the way around. They depend on their Tupelo office to do most of their news stories up in that area of the state. Derek Cody was the best thing to ever happen to them and they couldn't manage to hold on to him because Steve Rogers and bunch are idiots.
+1

notsofarawaydawg
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
+1

My first ever +1. Things are looking up.