PDA

View Full Version : Is it official yet?

GTHOM
02-26-2017, 05:37 PM
I havent played organized baseball since I was 14, and I can tell you our pitching is GARBAGE. We look great at the plate but theres no excuse to be giving up this many runs to these teams

TNDawg35
02-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Looked great at the plate 1-4 hitters. The rest without Stovall are hot garbage. Poole cant stay back on the off speed stuff, Gordon is either gonna hit it a mile or K. Most likely K... Lovelady is a surefire out unless the defense throws it away. Blaylock had a couple good at bats, but still shit the bed when we need him.

We have no approach. Slow junk ball lefty and everyone tries to pull him. Stay back and take it the other way.

But your correct. 8 runs should have been more than enough to win the game. No one can throw strikes except Self... Pilk is gonna Pilk. Ashcraft looked good once he settled down yesterday. Henderson is looking like a shit hire! Our pitchers are getting to where our offense is playing catch up in the bottom of the first.

That said, we still had plenty of chances to win the game. You cant have the bases loaded and get 1 damn run. Thats f***** bush league shit there. If we need to play freshman over guys, so be it. Id have Skelton in the lineup along with a couple more every game.

Joe Schmedlap
02-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Did Henderson pitch today? Did he recruit our pitchers? Did he cause any of them to require Tommy John surgery?

I admit to being sarcastic here, and I'm not arguing against the fact that our pitching staff is weak sauce, but I think it isn't exactly fair at this point to say Henderson is a "shit hire".

msstate7
02-26-2017, 06:13 PM
We had the pitchers to win today, but we jacked the order of them up. Barlow and self pitched once the game was out of hand

msstate7
02-26-2017, 06:17 PM
What's up with rigby?

lamont
02-26-2017, 06:28 PM
We are a young team plugging in people to get experience. We want to win the game- but finding out who can do what is the most important thing.

We knew the pitching was going to bad. You cant lose the pitching talent we did to graduation and surgery and expect to be very good. Hardly any of these guys pitched for us last year. Its going to take awhile to see who can log innings for us.

Homedawg
02-26-2017, 06:48 PM
I havent played organized baseball since I was 14, and I can tell you our pitching is GARBAGE. We look great at the plate but theres no excuse to be giving up this many runs to these teams
We've lost 5 pitchers to tj surgery. 3 of which were highly touted. I'm not sure what you expect. We have a 31 man roster. Life isn't fair but this isn't anyone's fault really

Homedawg
02-26-2017, 06:49 PM
What's up with rigby?

Not sure but is velocity is way down too. Worried about I'm him as well. He was 82-83 last weekend.

smootness
02-26-2017, 06:59 PM
We've lost 5 pitchers to tj surgery. 3 of which were highly touted. I'm not sure what you expect. We have a 31 man roster. Life isn't fair but this isn't anyone's fault really

Pretty much this. Fans will always try to find someone to blame. The reality is that we're just not that good right now.

Commercecomet24
02-26-2017, 07:11 PM
We are a young team plugging in people to get experience. We want to win the game- but finding out who can do what is the most important thing.

We knew the pitching was going to bad. You cant lose the pitching talent we did to graduation and surgery and expect to be very good. Hardly any of these guys pitched for us last year. Its going to take awhile to see who can log innings for us.

Spot on!

MaroonFlounder
02-26-2017, 07:56 PM
We had the pitchers to win today, but we jacked the order of them up. Barlow and self pitched once the game was out of hand

Yep. No reason to not even send Riley Self to the mound until we were down 6 runs. Stupid. Was that on Cann or Henderson?