PDA

View Full Version : Disassociated Boosters

MarcoRubio
02-26-2017, 12:01 PM
If a booster is dissacociated, what does that mean? Can't attend sporting events? Can't donate money? Like a restraining order, can't set foot on campus or have contact with anyone in the AD?

If it's a ban on donations, and the NCAA is still digging (at dealerships for instance), this one seemingly minor part of the punishment could be disastrous. OM, contrary to what they may believe is not one of the big boys. Small alumni base, relatively, in a small state. Wouldn't think big money boosters are all that plentiful for them. Losing even a handful could do serious damage to the budget. Of course, I'm sure there are ways around disassociation.

WinningIsRelentless
02-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Hack is the resident expert in this field

lamont
02-26-2017, 12:17 PM
If a booster is dissacociated, what does that mean? Can't attend sporting events? Can't donate money? Like a restraining order, can't set foot on campus or have contact with anyone in the AD?

If it's a ban on donations, and the NCAA is still digging (at dealerships for instance), this one seemingly minor part of the punishment could be disastrous. OM, contrary to what they may believe is not one of the big boys. Small alumni base, relatively, in a small state. Wouldn't think big money boosters are all that plentiful for them. Losing even a handful could do serious damage to the budget. Of course, I'm sure there are ways around disassociation.

They cant make donations or purchase tickets in their name to athletic events...they just become "general public"....can still attend games and such

msbulldog
02-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Very weak penalty, so many ways around it.

ShotgunDawg
02-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Very weak penalty, so many ways around it.

Agree.

I think they should have Level 1 and Level 2 disassociation. Level 1 would be the same as it currently is and Level 2 would carry a 5 year ban from all athletic events with it.