PDA

View Full Version : Dan Uggla, you are horrible.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Can't hit, can't field a ground ball.

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
As I've said before/elsewhere, I wasn't a fan of that trade then and I ****ing HATE it now. The ridiculous extension & contract we gave him was even worse. Other than 2.5 months his first season, he's been an absolute disaster. And now he doesn't even have any trade value because of how bad he's been & how bad his contract is. I'm more done with him than I was with French. If all we could get for Uggla is a box of balls, I'd call it a win and take the balls.

We'd be so much better off with Pastornicky at 2B. He might not be a defensive upgrade, but he'd give us a prototypical leadoff hitter and increase our team speed even further. I've always said Uggla was a 1B trying to play 2B. He's worthless unless he hits 30 bombs.

It should also be pointed out that I've always said Frank Wren was vastly overrated as a GM. Lest we forget, he also orchestrated the shitastic Tex trade. Can you imagine how much better we'd be with Matt Harrison & Elvis Andrus the last few seasons?

sanfordrjones
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
John Schuerholz made the Tex trade, not Frank Wren. And as long as Uggla is hitting home runs and walking, he isn't that terrible.

Will James
04-09-2013, 10:18 AM
John Schuerholz made the Tex trade, not Frank Wren. And as long as Uggla is hitting home runs and walking, he isn't that terrible.

Yup