PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if the Reb's will jump to #1 on this list...

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-25-2017, 07:56 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/30-years-later-the-legacy-of-smus-death-penalty-and-six-teams-nearly-hit-with-one/

StoneDawg
02-25-2017, 08:19 PM
?I don?t think the death penalty will happen again,? said Scott Tompsett, a veteran attorney with experience in several high-profile cases. ?What kind of case would it have to be?
?I guess you could come up with a scenario, but there?s not going to be another SMU case. People are more careful. They?re not as brazen anymore. They?re more aware of the consequences.?

Reason2succeed
02-25-2017, 09:15 PM
That article was written on February 22nd. It might as well have had "Dear OM" before the first paragraph.

And yes, with the escalation of egregious actions at big time football programs the NCAA MUST lower the boom on someone and restore order for the next 30 years or else face absolute irrelevance and watch football become what Saban called "the wild Wild West". It's in your court Emmert.

Dawgpile
02-25-2017, 10:08 PM
That article was written on February 22nd. It might as well have had "Dear OM" before the first paragraph.

This all day...

blacklistedbully
02-26-2017, 01:45 PM
I think a 1-yr death penalty would be less painful than 40+ scholarship losses, 2+year bowl ban, etc. I'd much rather see UNM get hit with massive scholarship losses and the ability for their players to transfer than I would the DP.

I suspect they'd recover much more quickly from 1 year off from football. Plus, I'd love to kick that Black Bear ass every year rather than see them off the schedule for a year.

Reason2succeed
02-26-2017, 07:15 PM
I think a 1-yr death penalty would be less painful than 40+ scholarship losses, 2+year bowl ban, etc. I'd much rather see UNM get hit with massive scholarship losses and the ability for their players to transfer than I would the DP.

I suspect they'd recover much more quickly from 1 year off from football. Plus, I'd love to kick that Black Bear ass every year rather than see them off the schedule for a year.

That may be true but the pr hit from being the first program in 30 years to be shut down for cheating would be awesome and it could possibly be followed by OM being dismissed from the SEC.

I know it's unlikely but Bjork doesn't.