PDA

View Full Version : Bjerk's Promotion

Goldendawg
02-25-2017, 05:57 PM
UNM promoted Bjoke from an AD to Vice-Chancellor of Athletics (or something) while this NCAA storm was in high gear. Does this title help him keep his job or something? Three of UNM's sports programs will soon be on probation on his watch. According to info printed on this site, he has also been involved with NCAA troubles with all his former sites of employment. Can a Vice- Chancellor of Athletics or whatever get a show cause? He deserves one in this corrupt chain of command.

SailingDawg
02-25-2017, 06:48 PM
This is my question as well. Can't he be charged with LOIC?

What about the State College Board? Don't they care how their employees are behaving?

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 07:25 PM
This is my question as well. Can't he be charged with LOIC?

What about the State College Board? Don't they care how their employees are behaving?

http://www.mississippi.edu/board/

Jack Lambert
02-25-2017, 08:30 PM
I think it is pay off to keep quiet. I don't know if the NCAA can give a show cause to a AD.

confucius say
02-25-2017, 08:33 PM
AD's can get shoe causes

SailingDawg
02-25-2017, 08:57 PM
AD's can get shoe causes

shoe clauses?

JDog13
02-25-2017, 09:18 PM
shoe clauses?

Shoe closets?

BeastMan
02-25-2017, 09:19 PM
AD's can get shoe causes

Loafers only

Reason2succeed
02-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Spider-Man says "with great power comes great responsibility". Bjork has not been very responsive with his responsibility of running clean athletic programs. The higher his position the more that can be hung on him.

So yeah Ross you get to be Vice Chancellor so that the actual Chancellor is not responsible for the carnage."

WSOPdawg
02-25-2017, 10:36 PM
I think it is pay off to keep quiet. I don't know if the NCAA can give a show cause to a AD.

Agree, the more I see the guys in action, the more I realize how massive the house of cards truly is. If any card falls, they all fall. That's why Bdork was "paid/promoted" -- to secure his silence when the cards fall. Freeze is already making $5mil so he's pretty much taken care of.

Now did they take care of Barney or Kiffin? We won't really know until we see the official NOA.

Perpetual Underachiever
02-25-2017, 10:47 PM
Loafers only

Penny preferably

Liverpooldawg
02-25-2017, 11:08 PM
UNM promoted Bjoke from an AD to Vice-Chancellor of Athletics (or something) while this NCAA storm was in high gear. Does this title help him keep his job or something? Three of UNM's sports programs will soon be on probation on his watch. According to info printed on this site, he has also been involved with NCAA troubles with all his former sites of employment. Can a Vice- Chancellor of Athletics or whatever get a show cause? He deserves one in this corrupt chain of command.
It was an explicit statement of support for what they have been doing in all of this. It was a an unqualified endorsement of their cheating.

Mimi's Babies
02-26-2017, 09:51 AM
It was an explicit statement of support for what they have been doing in all of this. It was a an unqualified endorsement of their cheating.

????? At the time of the NCAA INVESTIGATION Bjork was listed as the AD. Since the investigation started while Bjork was AD wouldn't the charges also apply to him -- even with his position/title change......

Political Hack
02-26-2017, 10:24 AM
It's a PR stunt. It always is with them. It's a false sense of confidence that they think plays to the confidence of their fan base, but what they don't realize is it hurts their credibility with their peers, the SEC, and the NCAA. They can't see the forest for the trees right now. They've mismanaged this debacle about as poorly as they could. I seriously can't think of anything they could've done to make it worse.

Lied to fans? Yep
Lied to press? Yep
Lied to recruits? Yep
Continued to cheat during the middle of an NCAA investigation? Yep
Waited too long to fire people who brought incredible embarrassment to the school? Yep
Held on to people named in the NOAs? Yep
Promoted the guy in charge of this entire fiasco? Yep

Saltydog
02-26-2017, 10:39 AM
NT