PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from a friend .....NCAA reportedly showed up at a car dealership in

99jc
02-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Jackson yesterday inquiring about vehicle purchased by a ole miss recruits parent. this shitstorm is apparently still going on. Does anyone have a clue what this is about. I thought Cannon Motors in Tupelo was the car connection.

Dawgcentral
02-25-2017, 10:21 AM
I believe Cannon has multiple dealerships. Care to name the one in Jackson that you're referencing?

Token Bammer
02-25-2017, 10:22 AM
OM, the gift that just keeps on giving.

Dawgbite
02-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Cannon is far from the only car dealer involved. I have looked at used trucks at a dealer , not in Tupelo or Jackson, and had the salesman who I have known for 25 + years tell me, " oh this one was driven by________ Ole Miss player last semester and that one was driven by __________ Ole Miss player. " this would have been pre Freeze though. The owner of the dealership just happen to be on the Vaught Society list that somebody posted a while back, so?

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Cannon is far from the only car dealer involved. I have looked at used trucks at a dealer , not in Tupelo or Jackson, and had the salesman who I have known for 25 + years tell me, " oh this one was driven by________ Ole Miss player last semester and that one was driven by __________ Ole Miss player. " this would have been pre Freeze though. The owner of the dealership just happen to be on the Vaught Society list that somebody posted a while back, so?

Has anyone check the car dealerships between Tupelo, West Point, Starkville, Columbus..... MIGHT just want to look...... This is NOT pre-Freeze....... Promise.... At least one vehicle purchased with in 2 weeks of signing February 2016.... and another family member has a new vehicle also.....

msbulldog
02-25-2017, 10:33 AM

Amazing, the amount of information, you can get in Mississippi.
Southern Proud, Blessed to be Southern born!

Dawgbite
02-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Bingo, we have a winner!

99jc
02-25-2017, 10:44 AM
I believe Cannon has multiple dealerships. Care to name the one in Jackson that you're referencing?

Nm

msbulldog
02-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Nm

Ole Miss folks.

Bodaski
02-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Has anyone check the car dealerships between Tupelo, West Point, Starkville, Columbus..... MIGHT just want to look...... This is NOT pre-Freeze....... Promise....

These vehicles have to be insured too, just saying. The NCAA might be visiting Insurance offices too.

Jack Lambert
02-25-2017, 10:50 AM
So what your saying is the investigation will continue, the COI will be delayed again, and Freeze has one more season.

Saltydog
02-25-2017, 10:50 AM
NT

Saltydog
02-25-2017, 10:52 AM
beats a Cannon deal.

Dawgbite
02-25-2017, 10:53 AM
These vehicles have to be insured too, just saying. The NCAA might be visiting Insurance offices too.

The trucks I looked at were being " driven by salesmen" at the dealership so I assume they were insured by the dealer. They had to be turned in under a certain mileage in order to be sold as a demo or something like that.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Remember that check signed by Kimchee's dad for the car?

Boodawg
02-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Isn't there one one east side of i55 in Jackson. Used to be a restaurant.

WinningIsRelentless
02-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Isn't there one one east side of i55 in Jackson. Used to be a restaurant.

That's the used car lot and then it's a new lot off 20 just befor the stack.

CadaverDawg
02-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Not trying to be mean, but why protect the names of the Ole Miss players y'all are saying were mentioned? Or the dealerships for that matter? If they're throwing that info out to random MSU fans, why be secretive with it? Do you not want to see OM go down for it? If they told you, they told others...so it won't be traced back to you.

Who are the players mentioned in the ________ up above, and what dealerships?

The whole guessing game seems silly, they're OM violations, scream em from the mountain top, ha.

Dolphus Raymond
02-25-2017, 11:22 AM
Give the names. Spill it.

msstate7
02-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Why in the world would a dealership cooperate with the NCAA in any way? NCAA isn't law enforcement and selling cars to recruits/parents of recruits is good for business

lamont
02-25-2017, 11:25 AM
They are going for the death penalty

DancingRabbit
02-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Why in the world would a dealership cooperate with the NCAA in any way? NCAA isn't law enforcement and selling cars to recruits/parents of recruits is good for business

Got me to thinking about the fairly new, strict agent law.

This was interesting: "Please note: the Act now includes high school athletes and their scholarship negotiations with a prospective university or college."

http://www.sos.ms.gov/Regulation-Enforcement/Pages/Athlete-Agent.aspx

Chip
02-25-2017, 11:53 AM

If the OP's information is true, it would certainly seem that you're correct, Random.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-25-2017, 11:54 AM
If this investigation is still ongoing, then they might actually get the death penalty.

RocketDawg
02-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Remember that check signed by Kimchee's dad for the car?

That's what I was thinking too ... the Nkemdiche's Mercedes. We saw it here some months ago and it looked legitimate.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2017, 12:03 PM

That's certainly what it appears.

The death penalty may ultimately be the NCAA's best option here because it prevents them from having to set a precedent on the new matrix that will be applied when they likely didn't plan on a school every going this far & thus having to doc 60+ scholarships in order the follow the matrix.

By giving OM the death penalty, the NCAA can deal with smaller cases to build precedent for their new penalty matrix.

Not sure if this makes sense, but it seems plausible.

WSOPdawg
02-25-2017, 12:12 PM

Cool, Rando now having a change of heart now with regards to the DP because before the Bdork/Freeze/Vitter video you were pretty adamant about them not getting the DP?

I'm not chastising you by saying this, but by you having a change of heart speaks to how seriously 17'd they are.

WSOPdawg
02-25-2017, 12:14 PM

The death penalty may ultimately be the NCAA's best option here because it prevents them from having to set a precedent on the new matrix that will be applied when they likely didn't plan on a school every going this far & thus having to doc 60+ scholarships in order the follow the matrix.

By giving OM the death penalty, the NCAA can deal with smaller cases to build precedent for their new penalty matrix.

This ^^^ makes a lot of sense, Shotgun, just because TCUN's transgressions are so widespread and repetitive.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but if they are given the DP, does the SEC give them the boot as well?

MedDawg
02-25-2017, 12:16 PM
Jackson yesterday inquiring about vehicle purchased by a ole miss recruits parent. this shitstorm is apparently still going on. Does anyone have a clue what this is about. I thought Cannon Motors in Tupelo was the car connection.

Cannon Motors bought Deuce McAllister's dealership in Jackson.

DogsofAnarchy
02-25-2017, 12:17 PM
If this is over a player they just signed....they may get the death penalty!!

QUOTE=Random Poster;710788]They are going for the death penalty[/QUOTE]

Reason2succeed
02-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Question: is repeat violator status a charge like loss of institutional control and failure to monitor or is it a penalty that would be given by the COI? Just asking. No particularly reason.***

Bothrops
02-25-2017, 12:36 PM
This keeps getting better and better. I may have to take a 172 over Oxford to assess the damage from above.

dawggoneit
02-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Didn't AJ's new ride come from a dealership in Georgia with tsun ties?

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2017, 12:45 PM

Yep - dealer in Pooler, just outside Savannah. That's about an hour from me.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Is it a Dodge Dealership? Went to Newks in Oxford back last Summer a couple of Reb Football players were in there...both drove away in almost Identical Dodge Chargers, complete with a sweet set of Rims....

Todd4State
02-25-2017, 12:47 PM

That might be the only way to get through to Ole Miss as well because I think a lot of their problem is they don't think the NCAA will do it.

WSOPdawg
02-25-2017, 12:48 PM

Why a central MS kid would go all the way to GA to buy a car just don't make any sense? >-<

[Saying in my sarcastic tone.]

ScottH
02-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Not over. May never be over. Unless the NCAA just quits.

Still to go:
1. The unlimited use of a lawyer's plane
2. The pay for play school in Jackson used for three out of state players last summer for certain eligibility
3. Two parents of recruits hired by UM boosters late last fall (following a familiar theme for those idiots, one did NOT sign with UM)

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Why a central MS kid would go all the way to GA to buy a car just don't make any sense? >-<

[Saying in my sarcastic tone.]
And not just one in GA, but one 11 hours from his hometown?? You can't get much farther east or you fall in the Atlantic.

Statecoachingblows**
02-25-2017, 12:52 PM

They wouldn't have to share any info but doing show would prove there is nothing to hide. Don't share info and whether you are guilty or not, it looks bad. Their favorite thing, perception, then takes over.

Dawgbite
02-25-2017, 12:58 PM
So Ole Miss's contribution to society is inept journalist, ambulance chasers ,and used car salesmen? Classy bunch.

Acid mouth
02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm not surprised they are still buying their players cars. When I was in grad school there 10-15 years ago, their QB was talking about getting a new Z71 in Jackson for $25,000. It's these type of discounts that make the Redmond deal a ****ing joke.

Coursesuper
02-25-2017, 01:02 PM

Cooperation really isn't the big deal here, that the NCAA is still digging on UNM is the really big deal. With what is public now UNM is in deep deep shat, but that they are still digging means they are going to end it if they can.

WesternSkyDawg
02-25-2017, 01:10 PM
Cooperation really isn't the big deal here, that the NCAA is still digging on UNM is the really big deal. With what is public now UNM is in deep deep shat, but that they are still digging means they are going to end it if they can.

And to extend that further, it seems to show that the NCAA prob ain't too pleased with what they saw on Wednesday with that video.

They seem to be following the old saying: if you're still fighting, we're still fighting.

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 01:10 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! With in 15 miles of his home..... in Mississippi..... along with his dad's new truck....

Tbonewannabe
02-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Question: is repeat violator status a charge like loss of institutional control and failure to monitor or is it a penalty that would be given by the COI? Just asking. No particularly reason.***

I would think this would be a new NOA rather than amending again. That would be repeat offender status then.

Dawgowar
02-25-2017, 02:16 PM
If it is true then they are toast. That penalty matrix will be maxed out with what we have seen already. Remember, they have not released the actual second NOA. As Wolken (USA WRITER) says, they no longer place suspected violations on the allegations, they only put what they can slam dunk prove. Per Wolken the COI has about an 85-95% rate of acceptance of the charges as written under the new guidelines.

UNM cannot be trusted to reveal if they are under investigation or not. Honestly, if the shitbirds have continued and still continue to cheat with all this going on, they deserve the DP or as close as can be gotten to it. I have a hard time believing the investigation isn't finished. UNM must have truly pissed of the investigators to get a second return trip.

shrimp
02-25-2017, 04:08 PM

I think it was Rincon. Point still stands, though.

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2017, 04:20 PM
I think it was Rincon. Point still stands, though.
Youre right - and I always get them confused.

Leroy Jenkins
02-25-2017, 04:44 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3MlntdpCIB2CiNuOmkgym4oI_b8wA9 LOMyAR4lZiTNSPJ0DHK

Bdawg
02-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Delete

Political Hack
02-26-2017, 09:25 AM
The 2017 allegations, which I know exist, weren't in the NOA along with several other issues that have come up during the investigation.

I've also got it on what I consider to be pretty solid word that it's still going. Paraphrased "we can't get them to stop."

Tbonewannabe
02-26-2017, 09:49 AM
The 2017 allegations, which I know exist, weren't in the NOA along with several other issues that have come up during the investigation.

I've also got it on what I consider to be pretty solid word that it's still going. Paraphrased "we can't get them to stop."

There is certainly one way to get them to stop.

Mimi's Babies
02-26-2017, 09:56 AM

This is why I am waiting on the 2017 NOA 2.... I want to SEE for myself what is in WRITING..... were the reported allegations reported from August 2015 until February 2016 listed..... If not then there are MORE issues....

Mimi's Babies
02-26-2017, 09:58 AM
So Ole Miss's contribution to society is inept journalist, ambulance chasers ,and used car salesmen? Classy bunch.

and.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronnie-musgrove/something-rotten-in-oxfor_b_6928482.html

Tripp McNeely
02-26-2017, 10:14 AM

I think that the only place that we've heard that the investigation was over was from the "press conference", correct?

Political Hack
02-26-2017, 10:34 AM
I think that the only place that we've heard that the investigation was over was from the "press conference", correct?

Not sure. I quit listening to them. I try to stick with reliable sources.

Tripp McNeely
02-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Not sure. I quit listening to them. I try to stick with reliable sources.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's been explicitly stated in national articles that it's over...where else would this "info" come from?!?!

Bully13
02-26-2017, 11:05 AM
That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's been explicitly stated in national articles that it's over...where else would this "info" come from?!?!

Do we have any additional reliable information other than an oie miss you tube video to conclude all is done?

BrunswickDawg
02-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Do we have any additional reliable information other than an oie miss you tube video to conclude all is done?

No. So it is obvious that - as usual - what is spun by OM is lies by omission. Ole Miss has stopped THEIR investigation. The NCAA has not. OM has admitted to new charges, but has omitted the details and omitted any additional information about the 2016 NOA charges. They lie. They lie. They spin. And then they lie some more.

Dawgowar
02-26-2017, 11:43 AM

When you once owned every political apparatus/lever of power in a small state it is hard to imagine any time arriving where you can't do what you want. The problem, they don't control near what they once did, technology has equalized the control of information, and the NCAA isn't as stupid as they think. (Nor is the entire conference and legit sports journalism.)

They appear to be forcing a far worse ending to this than would have happened. A third NOA with new charges is going to seal their fate. DP would seem to be the only thing left if they won't stop.

Bully75
02-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Mercedes as I recall.........