PDA

View Full Version : I noticed Dan was chewing ass

Drugdog
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
More this weekend than I have noticed in a LONG time.
Thoughts?

codeDawg
09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
A lot of young players played.

It_Could_Happen
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
He ripped devin bell after the missed extra point

msstate7
09-09-2013, 12:44 PM

I'm a short fg miss away from ripping bell's scholarship papers up

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm a short fg miss away from ripping bell's scholarship papers up

Makes you wonder if Bell has focus issues because it don't think its a talent problem. He may be an adderall candidate

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I am betting he has at least an idea of what the fans temperments are like right now. He even said when he was hired that most coaches lose 10% of the fanbase a year so after 10 years you have usually worn your welcome out. I think he realized he may have just accelerated that loss percentage the last half of last year and the OSU game this year. But hey, if that is what it takes to get some emotion of out of him then so be it. That was one thing that always bothered me with Jackie. We would get a drive killing penalty on offense or rough the punter and let the other team keep a drive going and all he would ever do is just right down on his clipboard and never change facial expressions. I want a coach that acts like he cares over on the sidelines all the time. Alabama can be up 40 points with two minutes to go in the game and have the 4th string in but if one of them messes up he is on the sideline having an aneurysm. Complacency is not in his vocabulary. That is the kind of fire I want to see from our staff. When ESPN did that football special on us just before the season opened I noticed all the coaches were talking like they were having a conversation in a restaurant to their players. No fire, no passion, nothing.

quickstrike2
09-09-2013, 01:01 PM
He needs to be chewing. I do get worries when i see his blank stares after drive killing mistakes. Also seems emotionless when we are getting blown out. I believe he truly wants to win, just some of his mannerisms doesn't show this from time to time.

WeWillScrewItUp
09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
It was nice to see some passion. Much better than drooling on the play card.

FISHDAWG
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I dont think it was Bell that missed .... Bell is # 40 and the guy that missed was # 41

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Makes you wonder if Bell has focus issues because it don't think its a talent problem. He may be an adderall candidate

That's what I'm wondering. He could kick the shit out of the ball in high school. It seemed like he was more accurate than he is now too

MSUDawg4Life
09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
It seemed to me that he blamed that missed kick on the holder. When Dan was asking him about it, he gestured with his hands to suggest the ball was moving around when he kicked it.

cheewgumm
09-09-2013, 01:56 PM
He should chew more and harder. Look at Saban , imitate...rinse, repeat.

msstate7
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM
He should chew more and harder. Look at Saban , imitate...rinse, repeat.

While I do agree saban is the one to imitate, I don't think Dan can chew out players like saban. Saban has earned his players' respect by winning titles and putting players in the 1st round of the nfl draft every year. If Dan started acting crazy like saban, he'd probably lose the team IMO. A gradual move that way would be a good thing though