PDA

View Full Version : ''Contesting charges''

GTHOM
02-25-2017, 12:44 AM
For people who are smarter and know more than me, OM says they are contesting the charges of LOIC and failure to monitor on Rev. Freeze. I understand what they mean but am confused about how they think they are going to do it. Has any school ever made the NCAA change their mind after they've already issued a charge? Is it like a court case with witnesses and testimonies and all? Is Rev. Freeze going to go full Jimmy Swaggart???

Leroy Jenkins
02-25-2017, 12:47 AM
What is their alternative? Accept the charges? Either way they end up in the same place, may as well contest it.

GTHOM
02-25-2017, 12:49 AM
What is their alternative? Accept the charges? Either way they end up in the same place, may as well contest it.

I get that. I reckon what I'm asking is, do they really think they are gonna get it overturned, if so how the hell do they do it? Or is it just for show

BayouDawg
02-25-2017, 12:54 AM
From what I've heard it's hard to get LOIC taken off. That's the most serious charge and the NCAA doesn't throw that out there unless they feel certain. Now getting a few allegations down graded from level 1 to level 2 and so forth does happen. LOIC usually sticks though as does failure to monitor

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2017, 12:55 AM
I get that. I reckon what I'm asking is, do they really think they are gonna get it overturned, if so how the hell do they do it? Or is it just for show

I'm sure they are contriving a plan that gives them hope, but its highly highly unlikely they get out of those charges.

If found guilty, everyone is fired, so they may as well fight them.

BayouDawg
02-25-2017, 01:03 AM
I'm sure they are contriving a plan that gives them hope, but its highly highly unlikely they get out of those charges.

If found guilty, everyone is fired, so they may as well fight them.

If they had a president with any integrity or half a sac they would've already cleaned house.

GTHOM
02-25-2017, 01:03 AM
If the NCAA sticks to their guns (the revised penalty structure) even if OM manages to get a few charges lowered, a level 2 violation can hurt just as bad as a 1. OM is up shit creek without a paddle. Although I do think it will be interesting to hear their case. Freeze might be overcome with the spirit

BayouDawg
02-25-2017, 01:05 AM
Half their staff has been named in the notice. That is the definition of LOIC and failure to monitor.

ScottH
02-25-2017, 01:19 AM
If they had a president with any integrity or half a sac they would've already cleaned house.

Apparently he is impotent in this matter.

msbulldog
02-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Vitter is the handpicked stooge of the Network after they maneuvered Dan Jones out. He is following their dictates and they want to keep Bjork and Freeze (their boys) in to do their bidding. Just listen to Vitter on that video, you can tell that's a man with real backbone*****.

Reason2succeed
02-25-2017, 07:53 AM
If the NCAA sticks to their guns (the revised penalty structure) even if OM manages to get a few charges lowered, a level 2 violation can hurt just as bad as a 1. OM is up shit creek without a paddle. Although I do think it will be interesting to hear their case. Freeze might be overcome with the spirit

I know it's not but wouldn't it be great if the COI was broadcast on TV? I can just see Freeze, Bjork and a bunch of OM lawyers pulling their best spin out and the COI looking at them dead faced. Then after hours and and days of OM spouting psycho babble the acting chair would just say "stop it, that's enough". The COI would vote to give them the death penalty or enough penalties to create a walking dead penalty. And that's when the full Swaggart moment would happen. Great television.

Uncivilengineer
02-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Put it on Pay per View for out of towners and then play it at Davis Wade Stadium.

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Apparently he is impotent in this matter.
Maybe he needs to call his brother and get a number for a good hooker.

Political Hack
02-25-2017, 08:19 AM
It's like taking the plea deal or fighting in court. Ole miss has talked to the NCAA. They know what the far end of the sanctions could be and "plea deals" are discussed before there is a decision to go before the COI. Ole Miss had a chance to skip the COI and agree to sanctions. Thay didn't happen, which means either 1) the NCAA didn't accept their self-imposed sanctions and/or 2) Ole Miss wasn't willing to accept the level of sanctions the NCAA is looking for and has chosen to fight it.

What they're failing to understand is that they think they're going to come in with some mitigating circumstances and then have a ton of additional evidence dumped on their heads during the hearing that corroborates all the allegations in the 2nd NOA.

WSOPdawg
02-25-2017, 09:39 AM
It's like taking the plea deal or fighting in court. Ole miss has talked to the NCAA. They know what the far end of the sanctions could be and "plea deals" are discussed before there is a decision to go before the COI. Ole Miss had a chance to skip the COI and agree to sanctions. Thay didn't happen, which means either 1) the NCAA didn't accept their self-imposed sanctions and/or 2) Ole Miss wasn't willing to accept the level of sanctions the NCAA is looking for and has chosen to fight it.

What they're failing to understand is that they think they're going to come in with some mitigating circumstances and then have a ton of additional evidence dumped on their heads during the hearing that corroborates all the allegations in the 2nd NOA.

Their leaders have handled this entire process in the absolute worst fashion (which is good for us). They've got to come to terms with the fact that while many of the amounts listed in the violations are not significant, the fact that they're on the hook for 15 level I's (THAT WE KNOW OF) is most egregious as that in and of itself shows a system in place to repeatedly CHEAT and violate NCAA rules!

No other institution has ever come close to that many serious violations. They have nuked themselves, those dumbasses!

Tbonewannabe
02-25-2017, 09:45 AM
Their leaders have handled this entire process in the absolute worst fashion (which is good for us). They've got to come to terms with the fact that while many of the amounts listed in the violations are not significant, the fact that they're on the hook for 15 level I's (THAT WE KNOW OF) is most egregious as that in and of itself shows a system in place to repeatedly CHEAT and violate NCAA rules!

No other institution has ever come close to that many serious violations. They have nuked themselves, those dumbasses!

The NCAA knows they only scratched the surface. More than likely from their investigation they have figured out there is a Network in place ran by Freeze to cheat. They may not be able to prove all of it but they can enforce what they have to the maximum amount. Similar to a judge being able to give between 1-5 years in prison. They will probably get the max because the NCAA knows they deserve worse.

Dawgcentral
02-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Not sure how you could fight the LOIC when the head coach instigated an in house meeting with a booster and a recruit. Any honest compliance dept. would be compelled to self report this, even if they proposed that it was some sort of accident where an involved party didn't know another would be present.

The sheer # of lvl 1 violations makes LOIC a sure thing.

The only hope the plantation can cling to at this point is that maybe the SEC will go to bat for them. I don't really see this happening since everyone knows they not only crossed the lines, but stomped on the lines as they passed. They've handled this so poorly up to this point in time that it should be the new textbook on how NOT to piss off your neighbors.

Freeze challenges anyone to bring evidence of wrong doing.
OM administration goes full denial about investigation.
Freeze throws Tunsil's step dad to the media wolves, which really got the ball of death rolling down the mountainside.
Tunsil spills beans on the biggest moment in OM history, with so many getting drafted highly, which in the eyes of Freeze and Co. was going to send them to the pinnacle of college football with the recruiting success it would bring in the future.

I'll never forget how things turned at that moment in time. It was as though the entire world finally saw them for what they are. Reminded me of the Stephen King movie when Martin Sheen (playing a candidate for POTUS who would eventually push the button), held up a baby to shield himself from gunfire.

No Mercy on this one, or the NCAA will become a joke,..and CFB will end. There will only be minor league football.

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 10:12 AM
Vitter is the handpicked stooge of the Network after they maneuvered Dan Jones out. He is following their dictates and they want to keep Bjork and Freeze (their boys) in to do their bidding. Just listen to Vitter on that video, you can tell that's a man with real backbone*****.

There maybe/could be MORE to the Dan Jones mess....... See this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronnie-musgrove/something-rotten-in-oxfor_b_6928482.html

Coackjek
02-25-2017, 10:12 AM

I feel like they are dealing with this like traffic court. You opt out of paying and decide to take to court hoping the officer won't show up.

Fred Garvin
02-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Put it on Pay per View for out of towners and then play it at Davis Wade Stadium.

That is a great idea.

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 10:16 AM

The "dumbasses" CONTINUED to use illegal recruiting tactics even WHILE under investigation by the NCAA (from August 2015 until February 2016).... To me this is TOTAL LACK of INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.... IHL should step in and CLEAN HOUSE from TOP to bottom.... President, ATH. Director, HD Coach, and whom ever is left.....

Mimi's Babies
02-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Not sure how you could fight the LOIC when the head coach instigated an in house meeting with a booster and a recruit. Any honest compliance dept. would be compelled to self report this, even if they proposed that it was some sort of accident where an involved party didn't know another would be present.

The sheer # of lvl 1 violations makes LOIC a sure thing.

The only hope the plantation can cling to at this point is that maybe the SEC will go to bat for them. I don't really see this happening since everyone knows they not only crossed the lines, but stomped on the lines as they passed. They've handled this so poorly up to this point in time that it should be the new textbook on how NOT to piss off your neighbors.

Freeze challenges anyone to bring evidence of wrong doing.
OM administration goes full denial about investigation.
Freeze throws Tunsil's step dad to the media wolves, which really got the ball of death rolling down the mountainside.
Tunsil spills beans on the biggest moment in OM history, with so many getting drafted highly, which in the eyes of Freeze and Co. was going to send them to the pinnacle of college football with the recruiting success it would bring in the future.

I'll never forget how things turned at that moment in time. It was as though the entire world finally saw them for what they are. Reminded me of the Stephen King movie when Martin Sheen (playing a candidate for POTUS who would eventually push the button), held up a baby to shield himself from gunfire.

No Mercy on this one, or the NCAA will become a joke,..and CFB will end. There will only be minor league football.

When Tunsil, spilled his heart in April 2016, there was ALREADY another investigation in the works concerning the Signing Class of February 2016.... Tunsil's mess was the icing on the CAKE......

Bully13
02-25-2017, 10:46 AM
They are in total Japanese bonzai mode at this point. Okinawa style. Kamikaze unleashed. Won't be settled till the nukes are dropped.

StatesboroBlues
02-25-2017, 11:04 AM

Exactly...you want as many level I to make sure the LOIC sticks but in regards to Postseason/scholarships a level II aggravated has as much punishment as a Level I standard if I am not mistaken.

wmccgc
02-25-2017, 11:09 AM

The 'Three Stooges' video would be good to show at DWS also.

Jack Lambert
02-25-2017, 12:31 PM
At this point what worse that could happen? They know that Freeze is a charmer and there is a great chance that it works.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-25-2017, 12:48 PM
I've been told that Archie will make the voyage with them when they go before the COI. Pulling out all the stops.