PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Shay Patterson is contacting other schools about transferring

lamont
02-24-2017, 10:33 PM
his parents arent stupid and they see the writing on the wall. 4 or 5 schools already in the mix

chainedup_Dawg
02-24-2017, 10:34 PM
Any SEC or don't know yet?

msstate7
02-24-2017, 10:36 PM
his parents arent stupid and they see the writing on the wall. 4 or 5 schools already in the mix

57strat on sps said he met with Colorado coaches

BayouDawg
02-24-2017, 10:41 PM
57strat on sps said he met with Colorado coaches

Now they really do have a beautiful campus In Boulder.

Dawgowar
02-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Goodness. They got nothing at QB if they lose him. Kind of reminiscent of when we were nearing probation and started having QB issues. Might take what? 5-8 years to see an SEC quality QB.

Bet a few WR's know this too. If Shae goes maybe others see the writing on the wall.

But the Grove, and dang it, Katy Perry loves them.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Would he transfer now or wait to see who the new coaching staff at Ole Miss will be?

Will the new school be willing to match his current salary?

If he wants to be a rare player, then he should stay at Ole Miss. Anywhere else he will be 1 of 85. At Ole Miss he will be 1 of 50. Much more exclusive club in Oxford.

He should think of his pro career. He will keep his body healthier at Ole Miss because the season is so much shorter. It ends at Thanksgiving rather than stretching into late December or early January.

ShotgunDawg
02-24-2017, 10:57 PM
Entrapment situation.

If Patterson considers leaving the Rebs will threaten to make his illegal benefits public.

Honestly, OM would hold the leverage here since adding Patterson pay for play won't likely change the outcome of what NCAA is already going to do.

When your sent to death row, you kind of hold the leverage as a witness

BeardoMSU
02-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Wouldn't his brother's employment be the canary in the coal mine, meaning if he leaves the staff, that's a big hint that Shay is soon to follow?

msstate7
02-24-2017, 11:02 PM
Entrapment situation.

If Patterson considers leaving the Rebs will threaten to make his illegal benefits public.

Honestly, OM would hold the leverage here since adding Patterson pay for play won't likely change the outcome of what NCAA is already going to do.

I don't see it that way. No way they'd admit publically they did that and risk another investigation.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2017, 11:06 PM
I don't see it that way. No way they'd admit publically they did that and risk another investigation.

Exactly. If anything, he's got the leverage on them.

Leroy Jenkins
02-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Entrapment situation.

That would be counterproductive since it would only make him ineligible at NMS.

Tbonewannabe
02-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Entrapment situation.

He could probably name boosters and link everyone to the Network. I doubt UNM would be dumb enough to threaten him at this point.

jeremyrbrown
02-24-2017, 11:31 PM
Luckily, he could redshirt during a transfer year, if needeed.

chef dixon
02-24-2017, 11:53 PM
I don't really care if any of them transfer. We beat them 55-20. Their defense isn't going to be any better next year and our running game will only be better.

WSOPdawg
02-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Any chance Shae Bae's family reaches out to the NCAA looking to cut a deal?

TCUN already 17'd but having the face of the team, the QB, spill the beans could be the icing on the cake for the NCAA.

SDDawg
02-24-2017, 11:58 PM
You mean Shea doesn't want to have his (very limited potential) NFL career ruined by a swiss cheese OL and a shitty replacement coach?! SHOCKING!!!

Saltydog
02-25-2017, 12:13 AM
Their players posted something about their "unity" just yesterday.

Todd4State
02-25-2017, 12:19 AM

Exactly. That's why our recruits like Leo have been able to take their money and they can't do jack squat about it when they sign with us.

TUSK
02-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Man, this would be sweet:

1) Tagovailoa
2) Hurts
3) Patterson

wait, would Shea want a skolly?

Todd4State
02-25-2017, 12:23 AM

1) Tagovailoa
2) Hurts
3) Patterson

I bet he goes outside of the SEC. Like Clemson or Texas as a wild guess.

Leroy Jenkins
02-25-2017, 12:25 AM

1) Tagovailoa
2) Hurts
3) Patterson

I have seen Tagovailoa play, he has looked good vs the in-state competition (which isn't much) he ain't unseating Hurts.

HSVDawg
02-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Entrapment situation.

That would be incredibly dumb. Who is going to make those benefits public? The booster that paid him? What if that was someone who wasn't in either NOA? Then you basically guarantee the death penalty if its something the NCAA didn't already know about.

TUSK
02-25-2017, 01:24 AM
I have seen Tagovailoa play, he has looked good vs the in-state competition (which isn't much) he ain't unseating Hurts.

I left off the ***... my bust.

I'll say this... If Tua can't "unseat Hurts" within ~18 mos, then Tua will be processed.

BeardoMSU
02-25-2017, 01:37 AM
I left off the ***... my bust.

I'll say this... If Tua can't "unseat Hurts" within ~18 mos, then Tua will be processed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LLqssqD1Y7heM/giphy.gif

TUSK
02-25-2017, 01:51 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/LLqssqD1Y7heM/giphy.gif

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice .

that's a great scene, too....

Corn Bread
02-25-2017, 01:57 AM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice .

that's a great scene, too....

Per a friend in Oxford, Shea met with Colorado Before Christmas. She is a good source.

Bucky Dog
02-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Hearing the only reason he is still at OM is because if he leaves now he has to red shirt so he is waiting to see if NCAA will allow transfer without a RS. LSU wants him.

Dawgface
02-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Hearing the only reason he is still at OM is because if he leaves now he has to red shirt so he is waiting to see if NCAA will allow transfer without a RS. LSU wants him.

That would be funny. Going to their 'real' rival and then beating their ass every year.