PDA

View Full Version : "coaches were telling us from the start they were expecting 1-yr bowl ban"

blacklistedbully
02-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Three-star linebacker Mohamed Sanago, a Texas native, is one of those players who will have to miss a bowl game his first season."It was exactly what I expected," Sanago said via text. "The coaches were telling us from the start that they were expecting a one-year bowl game suspension."Sanago said linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto called him to make sure he knew about some of the new allegations.

So...He was offered by UNM 12/5, had an official visit 1/20, committed and signed on 2/1, and was "told from the start about the 1-yr bowl ban expectation", but we're supposed to believe they just got the amended NOA that "revealed new things they didn't know about that caused them to suggest that 1-yr ban just yesterday?

maroonmania
02-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Three-star linebacker Mohamed Sanago, a Texas native, is one of those players who will have to miss a bowl game his first season."It was exactly what I expected," Sanago said via text. "The coaches were telling us from the start that they were expecting a one-year bowl game suspension."Sanago said linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto called him to make sure he knew about some of the new allegations.

So...He was offered by UNM 12/5, had an official visit 1/20, committed and signed on 2/1, and was "told from the start about the 1-yr bowl ban expectation", but we're supposed to believe they just got the amended NOA that "revealed new things they didn't know about that caused them to suggest that 1-yr ban just yesterday?

Well the 1 year bowl ban was self imposed so OM would have no reason not to tell recruits that since for most of them, not going to a bowl as a true freshman or as a redshirt probably isn't a huge deal. However, I look for the COI to add at least another year to that bowl ban aside from all of the other punishment coming.

blacklistedbully
02-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Well the 1 year bowl ban was self imposed so OM would have no reason not to tell recruits that since for most of them, not going to a bowl as a true freshman or as a redshirt probably isn't a huge deal. However, I look for the COI to add at least another year to that bowl ban aside from all of the other punishment coming.

The point is...what were they allowing their fanbase to think, and for how long before yesterday? They were letting their supporters continue to go out there and downplay this, apparently knowing for longer than they are letting on that they knew otherwise.

Saltydog
02-24-2017, 05:16 PM
than one way. Their defense may actually be worse next year than this year.

Political Hack
02-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Lmao. If this is how they're spinning it to their signees, they're going to be in a world of hurt when the NCAA announces a 3 year bowl ban.

Saltydog
02-24-2017, 05:33 PM
NT

BeardoMSU
02-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Lmao. If this is how they're spinning it to their signees, they're going to be in a world of hurt when the NCAA announces a 3 year bowl ban.

You think they'd add another 2? Most people have floated adding 1 more (2 total) being likely. 3 would be awesome, though.

Political Hack
02-24-2017, 05:59 PM
You think they'd add another 2? Most people have floated adding 1 more (2 total) being likely. 3 would be awesome, though.

I don't see how 2 is substantial enough at this point. If Ole Miss had accepted the NOA and not challenged it, 2 would be the max; however, there will be additional sanctions handed down for the simple fact that they're challenging the NCAA's findings. The adversarial stance is going to cost them. Most people are relating that only to the Freeze show cause punishment, but it will impact the overall punishment as well. Whether that's bowl ban years or overall years of probation, I'm not sure. But I'd squarely put the over/under on bowl ban years at 2.5 right now.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Can anyone find the quote from a recruit about TCUN staff saying if there is anything worse than a 1 year bowl ban they will let them out of their LOI?

Westdawg
02-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Here's what these kids don't understand - the coaching staff and administration said the 1 yr self imposed bowl ban to get out in front of it and make it look like that's all there is. In reality, it will definitely be much worse than that, along with much more than the Scholarship reductions they self-imposed. This will keep the 2016 class intact and on camera us for the start of the year - at least through the end of the summer so that most of these kids can't jump ship and go somewhere due to there not being enough time look for a place to go. That was one of the main reasons they announced this in this manner. These young men - because they aren't kids anymore - need to realize they are being fooled and get out ASAP. The ship and its captain are all doomed, don't go down with them.

Goldendawg
02-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Some of these future "student-athletes" who signed with UNM will by no means transfer to Oxford in England when the additional penalties come down. These are some very naive teenagers. Many people have followed false prophets. Warning: Don't drink the grape kool-aide!!!!

SDDawg
02-24-2017, 07:51 PM

I've been expecting +1, but +2 will be outstanding. GO BIG NCAA!!!!

blacklistedbully
02-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Can anyone find the quote from a recruit about TCUN staff saying if there is anything worse than a 1 year bowl ban they will let them out of their LOI?

NCAA rules allow a transfer if there are 2 or more years of bowl bans.