PDA

View Full Version : Do we want Freeze fired or not?

PassInterference
02-24-2017, 10:27 AM
If Hugh stays, OM is crippled bigly with sanctions.

If he goes, OM will definitely get lighter sanctions, although I don't know how much lighter.

lamont
02-24-2017, 10:30 AM
It's not about Hugh

The NCAA is going to punish #The Network. 3 programs on probation- LOIC. Firing Hugh right now won't help anything

Jarius
02-24-2017, 10:32 AM
We want Hugh to get a show cause because that means LOIC stuck. I don't give a shit about his coaching ability. He's very mediocre when he doesn't have elite talent.

smootness
02-24-2017, 10:34 AM
They will not get lighter sanctions if Freeze is fired. He's gone one way or another.

DownwardDawg
02-24-2017, 10:36 AM
I would love to see him try to be an SEC HC while playing by the same rules that most of college football programs do. He would make Croom look like a Saban or Meyer.

The right thing would be for him to get a show cause. Criminals need to pay the price. He is a low character scum that has used faith to cover his lying cheating ways. As a Christian, this makes me sick. Hugh Freeze is responsible for all of this as much as the network is.

ScottH
02-24-2017, 10:38 AM
I want him gone because at his core he is a hypocrite.

My desire is to dislike UM coaches because they are at UM. I'd would dislike Danny Hugh wherever he was.

Jarius
02-24-2017, 10:39 AM
I would love to see him try to be an SEC HC while playing by the same rules that most of college football programs do. He would make Croom look like a Saban or Meyer.

The right thing would be for him to get a show cause. Criminals need to pay the price. He is a low character scum that has used faith to cover his lying cheating ways. As a Christian, this makes me sick. Hugh Freeze is responsible for all of this as much as the network is.

People in high visibility jobs like him who use Christianity this way are a big reason Christianity gets the wrap by media that it does. He has done far more to hurt his religion than he has to help it with this investigation showing that he is full of shit. He's a sick human being.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Getting rid of him won't help get lighter sanctions, but getting rid of him gets rid of the cheating stigma that comes along with him. If he's fired, people outside the program will then give OM a pass and allow them to move on from this chapter. Look at Penn St and Baylor. Getting rid of the culprits in those situations allowed, or in Baylor's case is allowing them to start fresh by bringing in coaches with integrity and putting their past behind them. Think if Baylor had stood behind Briles. People would have continued to hammer them in the press and in the public. And their program would have been stuck in quicksand.

Keeping Freeze where he is keeps the cheating stigma attached to OM as long as he's there. When he signs that next 5 star imagine the talk that will come with that. No, we need to keep him right where he is....and let me say this......I don't think they will be allowed to keep him.....but since we're speculating and wishing, I wish he would have to stay where he is, keep the stigma that is currently OM football, and suffer the consequences of having to walk across the field and having to shake hands with SEC coaches who have just drug his ass through the mud on the field. That is my wish.

msudawglb
02-24-2017, 11:06 AM
If Hugh stays, OM is crippled bigly with sanctions.

If he goes, OM will definitely get lighter sanctions, although I don't know how much lighter.

The guy is a religious hypocrit and that's why I want to see him get a show cause and thus lose his job and be put into the spotlight for the sorry SOB that he is. I also want the wins vacated so that his record looks like shit too. I don't want there to ever be a reason for someone 30 years from now to say a positive word about Hugh Freeze.

Reason2succeed
02-24-2017, 11:11 AM
If you look at the life cycle of programs that get hit with NCAA sanctions it normally goes like this.

1. Coach caught cheating gets fired>
2. Program hires new coach to clean up the program which he does but fails to win enough>
3. Program hires another coach who is able to bring the team back to their previous level of winning

Substitute in Bama, USC, Penn State, Miami, or even us. It's the same pattern. (SMU is the only On who has failed to get back.)

The longer OM wants to stay at the first stage the better. They will still eventually have to go through the two other stages.

smootness
02-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Getting rid of him won't help get lighter sanctions, but getting rid of him gets rid of the cheating stigma that comes along with him. If he's fired, people outside the program will then give OM a pass and allow them to move on from this chapter. Look at Penn St and Baylor. Getting rid of the culprits in those situations allowed, or in Baylor's case is allowing them to start fresh by bringing in coaches with integrity and putting their past behind them. Think if Baylor had stood behind Briles. People would have continued to hammer them in the press and in the public. And their program would have been stuck in quicksand.

Keeping Freeze where he is keeps the cheating stigma attached to OM as long as he's there. When he signs that next 5 star imagine the talk that will come with that. No, we need to keep him right where he is....and let me say this......I don't think they will be allowed to keep him.....but since we're speculating and wishing, I wish he would have to stay where he is, keep the stigma that is currently OM football, and suffer the consequences of having to walk across the field and having to shake hands with SEC coaches who have just drug his ass through the mud on the field. That is my wish.

Uh, Baylor has continued to get hammered in the press and in the public. There have been plenty of people who have said the entire program needs to be shut down, even after Briles was let go.

Freeze won't be coaching anywhere for a while. He will get his punishment.

TrapGame
02-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Freeze is done coaching in college football. He won't be coaching in the Fall. He's a dead man walking and he knows it. That's why he looks like death warmed over.

Dawgface
02-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Doesn't matter if we want him gone or not. It's just a matter of time now.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
I just can't understand why they haven't fired him already. Bjork too. That's the craziest thing in all of this to me.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-24-2017, 12:38 PM
I think if you fire him now you are pretty much admitting guilt, which will make it impossible to fight the LOIC charge. I don't think they have a chance in hell to change it, but they have nothing to lose at this point. You either accept it or fight it.

Sacrifice
02-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I don't care if he stays or goes. No coach will win there for the next 5 or 6 years.

Gutter Cobreh
02-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Add me to the column of don't care as his fate seems sealed. I would though prefer for him to escape and continue coaching there.

If you think about the talent they paid for and still couldn't win, just imagine how bad they'll be with him at the helm coaching without all the added "help".

Maroons
02-24-2017, 01:47 PM
I just can't understand why they haven't fired him already. Bjork too. That's the craziest thing in all of this to me.

It's called blackmail.

BulldogBear
02-24-2017, 01:51 PM
No.

No one else will have him. I want to see that face that we saw toward the end of the season on the Ole Miss sidelines all season long for 4-5 years.

DeviousDawg
02-24-2017, 01:56 PM
Think of Ole Miss football as a seed wart.

Srape or cut off top, it goes away for a while, but then just grows back with a slightly different look. You can keep doing this over and over again, and every time it will grow back in a slightly different form. If you want to get rid of it for good, you gotta dig deep to the seed and remove it for good.

Freeze's ugly ass is the visible top part of the wart, the guys at the top of the network are the seed. The problem is, the seed is protected by multiple layers, and is almost impossible to get to.

Don't know how this ties in to the analogy, but its slightly ironic that you can freeze a wart to kill it.

Carl Spackler
02-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Maybe they should hire Rick Ray. Their track record with ex-basketball coaches got them two (soon to be vacated) sugar bowl appearances.