PDA

View Full Version : Must read BR article from December 6, 2011 on Freeze hire...

DeviousDawg
02-24-2017, 10:00 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/971174-ole-miss-football-2011-with-hugh-freeze-hire-archie-manning-chooses-sides

Here are some highlights...

And Archie Manning--the iconic redhead from Drew, MS that has epitomized the best that Ole Miss football has to offer the world both on and off the field--will be remembered as an accessory.

Manning and Glenn(FedEx CEO)--who, by the way, had a preexisting personal relationship with Freeze--have talked a lot in the last 24 hours about Freeze's "it" factor.

Freeze himself talked about "it" in the presser on Monday, though his is a decidedly different type of "it".

Whatever "it" is, "it" is why Manning, et al. chose Freeze and created a highly suspect hiring process that doesn't pass the smell test and produces more cynicism than an Occupy Wall Street kumbaya.

Wherever "it" is, Freeze better find "it", mass produce "it" and make his new team--whose double-digit conference losing streak was stopped only by this season's end--breath, eat and sleep "it".

Otherwise, the "it" is going to hit the fan and end up all over Archie Manning's reputation.

There is a chance for all that cynicism and doubt to be swept aside. After all, Pete Boone is "retiring", and his replacement needs to be found.

Manning and Glenn are in charge of that, too.

Archie is going to slip into the shadows and not receive any blame for this, but let's not forget, "it" was planned and executed by ole Arch. He chose Freeze because he knew that he would do whatever he told him to. If Archie told Freeze to let boosters do whatever they want to, Freeze would say yes sir. It almost makes you feel sorry for Freeze, he never stood a chance. The Network had won out and hired the guy they wanted, the guy who was just happy to be head coach, and would do as Archie and the Network said. Freeze had no idea what he was stepping into, he was never in control, he couldn't tell anyone what to do, he was trapped. He's 17ed now, and Archie will slide into the shadows and play dumb.

AROB44
02-24-2017, 11:24 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/971174-ole-miss-football-2011-with-hugh-freeze-hire-archie-manning-chooses-sides

And Archie Manning--the iconic redhead from Drew, MS that has epitomized the best that Ole Miss football has to offer the world both on and off the field--will be remembered as an accessory.

Manning and Glenn(FedEx CEO)--who, by the way, had a preexisting personal relationship with Freeze--have talked a lot in the last 24 hours about Freeze's "it" factor.

Freeze himself talked about "it" in the presser on Monday, though his is a decidedly different type of "it".

Whatever "it" is, "it" is why Manning, et al. chose Freeze and created a highly suspect hiring process that doesn't pass the smell test and produces more cynicism than an Occupy Wall Street kumbaya.

Wherever "it" is, Freeze better find "it", mass produce "it" and make his new team--whose double-digit conference losing streak was stopped only by this season's end--breath, eat and sleep "it".

Otherwise, the "it" is going to hit the fan and end up all over Archie Manning's reputation.

There is a chance for all that cynicism and doubt to be swept aside. After all, Pete Boone is "retiring", and his replacement needs to be found.

Archie is going to slip into the shadows and not receive any blame for this, but let's not forget, "it" was planned and executed by ole Arch. He chose Freeze because he knew that he would do whatever he told him to. If Archie told Freeze to let boosters do whatever they want to, Freeze would say yes sir. It almost makes you feel sorry for Freeze, he never stood a chance. The Network had won out and hired the guy they wanted, the guy who was just happy to be head coach, and would do as Archie and the Network said. Freeze had no idea what he was stepping into, he was never in control, he couldn't tell anyone what to do, he was trapped. He's 17ed now, and Archie will slide into the shadows and play dumb.

Not a chance in hell.....There is a thing called "principles" of which he obviously has none. You either have integrity or you don't. Freeze has not principles, ethics or integrity. Don't feel sorry for him at all. He rolled the dice and they came up snake eyes in the end......but he made a pot full of $$$$ in the interim.

dawgday166
02-24-2017, 11:42 AM
I believe Michael Oher called Freeze "The Snake". Seems fitting to me.

bobtail bob
02-24-2017, 12:23 PM
Old Arch has had his hands in "it" from way before beav. I had
occasion to be around him more than once. Never liked him from the first. Most nose in the air doosh you could come in contact with. Totally different from the public image he carefully polishes.

DeviousDawg
02-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Totally different from the public image he carefully polishes.

Seems to be a recurring theme with those douche bags.

Central Pork
02-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the link. That article is pure gold.

The writer sure had things figured out.

Acid mouth
02-24-2017, 12:36 PM

Freeze has always been a poor man's Chizek. He's a mere puppet for the network. Freeze would be dumber than he looks if he was the one threatening to release this fake tape on Leo. Personally, I don't think it even exists. I would imagine Freeze just wants to swim back into his beaver lodge and hunker down til the flood waters subside. The network is putting out this propaganda piece on Leo attempting to divert attention from their dumpster fire. There's one thing that I think needs to be pointed out. Every coach in the country should point out that TSUN records their conversations with recruits! And when TSUN attempts to blame it on the previous staff (Freeze is a dead beaver swimming), this is not true! The network calls the shots. Regardless of who the coach is, the same obsessed rich boosters will still be pulling the strings in Oxford. So from now to the end of eternity, every coach needs to bring up TSUN's blackmailing boosters. TSUN will be lucky to sign a 3 star if other coaches in the country address what I just wrote.

Percho
02-24-2017, 01:54 PM

PLUS 1,000,000

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Not a chance in hell.....There is a thing called "principles" of which he obviously has none. You either have integrity or you don't. Freeze has not principles, ethics or integrity. Don't feel sorry for him at all. He rolled the dice and they came up snake eyes in the end......but he made a pot full of $$$$ in the interim.

I don't feel bad for Freeze, but I will say I don't really blame him for doing what he did aside from pushing the religious angle, and being very hypocritical about it.

If someone came to me and offered me 15 million dollars to not break the law, and just be the figurehead for a sleazy organization, it would be a pretty tempting offer.

Todd4State
02-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Archie got the Network idea from Vaught if I had to guess.

Todd4State
02-24-2017, 03:06 PM
I don't feel bad for Freeze, but I will say I don't really blame him for doing what he did aside from pushing the religious angle, and being very hypocritical about it.

If someone came to me and offered me 15 million dollars to not break the law, and just be the figurehead for a sleazy organization, it would be a pretty tempting offer.

I'd be fine with the 15 million especially since we're talking a period of 5-6 years. I don't think the Christian in me would be able to knowingly blasphemize God and Jesus like that. I could be religious without going over the top- like Richt.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-24-2017, 03:16 PM
I'd be fine with the 15 million especially since we're talking a period of 5-6 years. I don't think the Christian in me would be able to knowingly blasphemize God and Jesus like that. I could be religious without going over the top- like Richt.

Same here. I would be happy to take criticism, and be called a cheater (NCAA wise) for that amount of money.

Hugh draws comparisons to Gene Chizik which is fair, but he reminds me a lot more of Bill McCartney from Colorado in the 90s. ESPN did a 30 for 30 about him, and I honestly remember thinking to myself, "This is future Hugh Freeze".

BrunswickDawg
02-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Same here. I would be happy to take criticism, and be called a cheater (NCAA wise) for that amount of money.

Hugh draws comparisons to Gene Chizik which is fair, but he reminds me a lot more of Bill McCartney from Colorado in the 90s. ESPN did a 30 for 30 about him, and I honestly remember thinking to myself, "This is future Hugh Freeze".

McCartney is an interesting comparison. I played golf with his minister that helped him start Promise Keepers. He was one of the foulest mouthed SOBs I've met in my life.