PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd on FIRE! enjoy..

Reunion Dog
02-24-2017, 03:48 AM
http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/onair/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd-56804/ole-miss-cheats-and-still-cant-15589834/

Reason2succeed
02-24-2017, 06:29 AM
I can't stand that prick but he was spot on there.

99jc
02-24-2017, 07:54 AM
I can't stand that prick but he was spot on there.

Tenn.

DeputyDawg94
02-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Wonder who the other 2 schools with suitcases are?

Political Hack
02-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Auburn and UT have that reputation for sure. I've said for a long, long time that OM, Auburn, and UT were the biggest 3 offenders. And let me be clear, to me, there's a HUGE difference in "recruiting by boosters" and "pay for play." Pay for play is actually bad, and potentially catastrophic, for a program IMO.

ShotgunDawg
02-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Wonder who the other 2 schools with suitcases are?

Auburn and Tennessee

It's kind of why I question if Ole Miss going in probation will even help us. Now that OM will be down, these same kids will just go to Auburn or Tennessee.

ShotgunDawg
02-24-2017, 08:45 AM
After listening to Cowherd, it scares me how close OM was to getting away with it. If the NCAA struggles to find evidence against by far the biggest cheater in the sport, then how hard is it to get away with it?

Dawgface
02-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Love his take on OM. Only problem is dick heads like him will try to tie the entire league to this style of recruiting. And I'm sure cheating goes on every where(not just SEC), but not to the extent OM has done it.

lastmajordog
02-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Love his take on OM. Only problem is dick heads like him will try to tie the entire league to this style of recruiting. And I'm sure cheating goes on every where(not just SEC), but not to the extent OM has done it.

Plus his disdain for the South is quite evident.......

Boodawg
02-24-2017, 09:41 AM
According to nearly all of these media clowns, if NCAA spent 4 years on any campus they'd find just as much or more than they did at OM. Obviously that's a BS statement, but I've heard it from multiple outlets. I heard it this morning from Doug on AM620. I'm sick of hearing that BS, because it's not true for one, but there's no way to prove it correct either way, so it's just stupid to say.

DownwardDawg
02-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I've been occupied with serious things this week so I'm just getting caught up. What has Finebaum said about all this? He has defended ole miss and Hugh Freeze like he was family or something. I couldn't wait to see ol Paul when this went down but I had a death in the family about the time the bombs started dropping.

DownwardDawg
02-24-2017, 10:11 AM
According to nearly all of these media clowns, if NCAA spent 4 years on any campus they'd find just as much or more than they did at OM. Obviously that's a BS statement, but I've heard it from multiple outlets. I heard it this morning from Doug on AM620. I'm sick of hearing that BS, because it's not true for one, but there's no way to prove it correct either way, so it's just stupid to say.

They spent over 3 years on our campus and found almost nothing. Things that are considered very minor in today's world.

thf24
02-24-2017, 10:13 AM
What has Finebaum said about all this?

Still on the OM wagon. Framed all this as being our fault yesterday.

blacklistedbully
02-24-2017, 11:45 AM

How many years did they spend on our campus, and how many Level 1 allegations did they come up with? As I recall, they hounded us for years, colluded with OM boosters, used what was later proved to be false testimony from witnesses who later denied what the investigators claimed they said, yet CJS was ultimately exonerated. I don't recall many L1 charges.

SDDawg
02-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Coaches actively orchestrating boosters to drive pay for play will destroy college football. OM people will tell you everyone does that - they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT do that. What happens is gonna happen, and we're all adults here. But when the coaches get involved directly to drive, orchestrate and allocate resources in a "pay for play" model this game is going to be over. Schools like MSU and Ole Miss will have even less of a chance than they do now, maybe 10 schools out of P5 would even have a chance to complete. We shouldn't let that happen.

maroonmania
02-24-2017, 02:26 PM
After listening to Cowherd, it scares me how close OM was to getting away with it. If the NCAA struggles to find evidence against by far the biggest cheater in the sport, then how hard is it to get away with it?

That's one of the problems in that schools that cheat routinely are very good and systematic with how they do and don't leave much of any trail. Whenever we try to do something out of the way to get a kid we stumble around leaving all kinds of evidence behind and the booster who does it runs his mouth. Auburn got away with Newton because they are well versed in cheating and so is TN and OM is as well. The Bears only got caught in the Bear trap because they got really greedy and way out of line and out of their normal recruiting grounds in what they were doing which pissed off the big boys.

Bully13
02-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Despite him being a dick head, I enjoyed listening to that.