PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss admits to paying Leo

lamont
02-23-2017, 06:50 PM
this needs to be understood on the whole LL aspect:

From the transcript of the video release-

4. In the fourth allegation, it is alleged that between April 2014 and February 2015, Former Staff Member A initiated and facilitated two boosters having impermissible contact with Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution). It is further alleged that these two boosters provided Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution) with impermissible cash payments during that timeframe and that Former Staff Member A knew about the cash payments. The value of the alleged inducements according to the NCAA is between $13,000 and $15,600. This is charged as a Level I violation.

The university believes there is sufficient credible and persuasive evidence to conclude that the impermissible contact outlined in the fourth allegation occurred

Yancy and the like are trying to say OM is challenging they paid Leo. According to their transcript- they arent challenging it at all.

RocketDawg
02-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Presumably "Former Staff Member A" is Barney, and they don't mind roasting him. They'll say he was fired because of his actions. And of course, assuming the "Prospective Student-Athlete" is Leo, they are saying that MSU had to pay more or he never would have signed with us.

Bucky Dog
02-23-2017, 07:05 PM
And one more thing needs to be clear around Leo and Kobe.
They did not pick up the phone and call the NCAA and say, "hey, we want to talk to you about OM cheating and giving me money!" The Bears do not realize it was their own fault that led the NCAA to all of these former recruits at many different schools. They do not understand that the NCAA goes to each one of these kids and says ,"we would like to talk to you about some possible illegal recruiting by OM where you name has come up. You can be truthful with us and receive immunity, or you cannot and if we find out any differently then your eligibility will be at risk."
Being that they are who they are, they will need to spin it as we had it out for them, Mullen set it all up because he couldn't stand losing to Freeze, and fill in the rest. If they read the articles they will realize that this was all started by them with the 2013 class, specifically Tunsil and how it pissed off Richt and Georgia. Throw in Bama, Auburn, the Texas and OK schools, and a few others and it was just too much.
And by the way, I read on Bafoon where people were threatening bodily harm to Leo, wishing he would die in a fiery car crash, or at least get his knees blown out. That's just sad, but par for the course. Quit trying to continue to blame others and stop it already with the hypocrisy and denials. You're only making it worse for yourselves.

LC Dawg
02-23-2017, 07:12 PM
High school kids figured out they could take Ole Miss's money and sign with another school and Ole Miss was stupid enough to keep doing it. That fact alone should embarrass the hell out of the shitbirds.

lamont
02-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Presumably "Former Staff Member A" is Barney, and they don't mind roasting him. They'll say he was fired because of his actions. And of course, assuming the "Prospective Student-Athlete" is Leo, they are saying that MSU had to pay more or he never would have signed with us.

They can alledge that all they want- it's not going to help them

Todd4State
02-23-2017, 07:36 PM
They did not pick up the phone and call the NCAA and say, "hey, we want to talk to you about OM cheating and giving me money!" The Bears do not realize it was their own fault that led the NCAA to all of these former recruits at many different schools. They do not understand that the NCAA goes to each one of these kids and says ,"we would like to talk to you about some possible illegal recruiting by OM where you name has come up. You can be truthful with us and receive immunity, or you cannot and if we find out any differently then your eligibility will be at risk."
Being that they are who they are, they will need to spin it as we had it out for them, Mullen set it all up because he couldn't stand losing to Freeze, and fill in the rest. If they read the articles they will realize that this was all started by them with the 2013 class, specifically Tunsil and how it pissed off Richt and Georgia. Throw in Bama, Auburn, the Texas and OK schools, and a few others and it was just too much.
And by the way, I read on Bafoon where people were threatening bodily harm to Leo, wishing he would die in a fiery car crash, or at least get his knees blown out. That's just sad, but par for the course. Quit trying to continue to blame others and stop it already with the hypocrisy and denials. You're only making it worse for yourselves.

Deep down they know it's their fault. But they're going to try to take us down because they can't stand for us to be better than them in football. Which is ultimately why they are in the situation they are in to start with.

Bully13
02-23-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm wondering why Leo is the only immunity guy being discussed when it was common knowledge it was a handful of others that signed with other programs.

lamont
02-23-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm wondering why Leo is the only immunity guy being discussed when it was common knowledge it was a handful of others that signed with other programs.

because he plays for State- and OM has to blame to State because they are powerless to do anything to the 17 schools that turned them in 2012 and 2013. Whats hilarious is that we werent one of the 17

tireddawg
02-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Word is, Leo has already cleared up the fact that State didn't pay him anything. They are not interested in us, but I'm prob preaching to the choir.

ckDOG
02-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Holy hell, what dumbass thinks a kid would voluntarily go to the NCAA and tell them he took 15 large from ANY booster. That's instant forfeiture of your eligibility. The NCAA knew what happened and they want to verify from the horse's mouth. They don't do that unless they are pretty damn certain. And I'm sure they didn't say "pretty please, Leo?". They told his ass to spill the beans as it relates to OM or his eligibility is gone, but that honesty would not be held against him. That's how immunity works. Those people have no concept of reality.

Mimi's Babies
02-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Anyone know where Barney is? How much did OM pay Barney for taking the fall for others??????

What about ALL of those paid from December 2015 until February 3, 2016??? Where is the NOA with those listed?

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 09:44 PM

THIS

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 09:47 PM
because he plays for State- and OM has to blame to State because they are powerless to do anything to the 17 schools that turned them in 2012 and 2013. Whats hilarious is that we werent one of the 17

THIS TOO. From what I have heard we were one of maybe TWO SEC schools that DIDN'T turn them in originally. We won't even mention Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida State, Oklahoma, Illinois, Nebraska, and who knows who else.

maroonmania
02-23-2017, 09:48 PM
this needs to be understood on the whole LL aspect:

From the transcript of the video release-

4. In the fourth allegation, it is alleged that between April 2014 and February 2015, Former Staff Member A initiated and facilitated two boosters having impermissible contact with Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution). It is further alleged that these two boosters provided Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution) with impermissible cash payments during that timeframe and that Former Staff Member A knew about the cash payments. The value of the alleged inducements according to the NCAA is between $13,000 and $15,600. This is charged as a Level I violation.

The university believes there is sufficient credible and persuasive evidence to conclude that the impermissible contact outlined in the fourth allegation occurred

Yancy and the like are trying to say OM is challenging they paid Leo. According to their transcript- they arent challenging it at all.

Apparently they are agreeing with the impermissible contact but not necessarily with the impermissible cash payments. They are mum on that part of it.

TNDawg35
02-23-2017, 09:52 PM
Anyone know where Barney is? How much did OM pay Barney for taking the fall for others??????

What about ALL of those paid from December 2015 until February 3, 2016??? Where is the NOA with those listed?

Why do you think they havent shown the NOA. If they do and it lists way more than what they are saying right now, it wont fit their narritive that this is just a State thing and were the ones who did this too them.... Think about it...

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Why do you think they havent shown the NOA. If they do and it lists way more than what they are saying right now, it wont fit their narritive that this is just a State thing and were the ones who did this too them.... Think about it...

You can bet there is something in the actual NOA they don't want out there or they would have released it. They have BLATENTLY lied at every step of this process. Does anyone with even an ounce of sanity believe they are telling the truth now?

Homedawg
02-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Apparently they are agreeing with the impermissible contact but not necessarily with the impermissible cash payments. They are mum on that part of it.

Correct. They are not agreeing they paid him. Just the contact part.

Schultzy
02-23-2017, 10:18 PM
When that early, out of nowhere in-state commitment appeared in the C-L on the Monday after we won our 3rd straight over a top ten team to climb to number one in the country I knew damn well OM had no limits to what they were willing to do.

In the words of a former OM assistant.."everybody in that room thought they were untouchable, and that was the downfall."

Acid mouth
02-23-2017, 10:30 PM

My thoughts exactly. They are still attempting to push the narrative that State did this to them.

lamont
02-23-2017, 10:36 PM

By agreeing to the contact- they are agreeing to the payment. There is no believable reason why a coach would set up contact between a recruit and a Booster for anything other than payment. The COI is going to laugh at any BS reason they come up with in the next 90 days

defiantdog
02-23-2017, 10:40 PM
By agreeing to the contact- they are agreeing to the payment. There is no believable reason why a coach would set up contact between a recruit and a Booster for anything other than payment. The COI is going to laugh at any BS reason they come up with in the next 90 days
Doesn't matter.... NCAA has their facts. You can't dispute that. This isn't a situation where you go to court. OM is only shooting themselves by fighting. SMU never bounced back.... does OM really want to be the next SMU?

ckDOG
02-23-2017, 10:45 PM
When that early, out of nowhere in-state commitment appeared in the C-L on the Monday after we won our 3rd straight over a top ten team to climb to number one in the country I knew damn well OM had no limits to what they were willing to do.

In the words of a former OM assistant.."everybody in that room thought they were untouchable, and that was the downfall."

Yep. And even though I disagreed with the way Bracky did us on some topics, I still would rather have his approach than the reckless middle fingers in the air approach that OM embraced (and many posters wanted to mimic). Not looking so wise in hindsight. Hope that one sugar bowl was worth it, Bears.

Homedawg
02-23-2017, 10:55 PM

Oh I agree w you. Just saying they aren't admitting the money transfer was made. They have to fight that until the end. No other choice.

Dawgface
02-23-2017, 11:28 PM
These idiots are really delusional. Just had a beer with an OM buddy. Heard him talking to another person about this weeks events and he says they will bring State and AL down with them if they have to. Still says its a witch hunt and they didn't pay players. But have recordings showing where we did. This guy is truly an intelligent guy, but school allegiance shows how blind people can be. A real head shaker......

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2017, 07:35 AM
These idiots are really delusional. Just had a beer with an OM buddy. Heard him talking to another person about this weeks events and he says they will bring State and AL down with them if they have to. Still says its a witch hunt and they didn't pay players. But have recordings showing where we did. This guy is truly an intelligent guy, but school allegiance shows how blind people can be. A real head shaker......

Oh my goodness.... is this "FRIENDS" head in the deep deep SAND????? FACT: AT LEAST 2 RECRUITS WERE PAID BY OM.... AT LEAST 2 students received burner phones and OTHER significant GIFTS in addition to the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s.....

Dawgface
02-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Oh my goodness.... is this "FRIENDS" head in the deep deep SAND????? FACT: AT LEAST 2 RECRUITS WERE PAID BY OM.... AT LEAST 2 students received burner phones and OTHER significant GIFTS in addition to the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s.....

Pretty much. I laughed when I heard him say it as he was spewing the exact party line we have all seen posted on boards.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2017, 08:09 AM
I can't believe ESPN has Leo and Kobe's name on their crawler this morning. Just doesn't seem right.

msstate7
02-24-2017, 08:24 AM
I can't believe ESPN has Leo and Kobe's name on their crawler this morning. Just doesn't seem right.

The NCAA should hammer OM even more for releasing those names to the media.