PDA

View Full Version : From the Godfrey guy

Political Hack
02-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Alledgedly he and the Butler Snow booster (or whatever he is) are close, so this could've come from there... He actually wrote the below quote. He's blantantly implying that Ole Miss boosters are threatening to engage in a power play to bring down other programs. When people here alluded to the possibility of them getting kicked out of the SEC, this is why. They don't know when to just take their lumps, shut their mouths, and do what's in the best long term interest of their university. They're too proud to be scolded, and that pride has become their own worst enemy. They are dangerously close to destroying themselves.

"Obviously Ole Miss can?t retaliate in any formal way. But far from the above-board practices of major programs, there?s a dense network of boosters, university employees, and middlemen who both create and solve problems in recruiting.

Rival coaching staffs file formal complaints against one another regularly, but among individuals who do the actual compensating of recruits, the philosophy of mutually assured destruction has been a loose rule."

Please. Please do it.

TrapGame
02-23-2017, 04:58 PM
If they so choose to engage in this form of f*ckery they will be kicked out of the SEC. This will be the last straw.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2017, 05:04 PM
They have finally all lost their collective mind up there! Wow!

confucius say
02-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Forward to bracky so he can place in his file

Political Hack
02-23-2017, 05:08 PM

Sorry don't have it. His email address is automatically directed to my spam folder.

SDDawg
02-23-2017, 05:32 PM
Sorry don't have it. His email address is automatically directed to my spam folder.

Good.

Todd4State
02-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Here's the other reason they are going to try to take people down besides the fact that they are spoiled, arrogant, etc. After they were put on probation in 1994 that's exactly what they did- they turned us in and got us on probation in 1996. So, it worked then and also later in 2003. However, the major difference between then and now is we don't have a head coach that is at the top of the NCAA's hit list. So, Ole Miss and the NCAA had a mutual interest in taking down Jackie so it worked for them. That's not the case now.

BossDawg
02-23-2017, 05:44 PM
They were beyond delusional before this. But now they are on an astronomically infinite level of delusion. I've never seen a fanbase ride their self-importance to exaggerated levels quite like they do.

"Dude, do you know who my dad is, dude? Dude, watch your back, dude. My dad is very well connected....dude."

BossDawg
02-23-2017, 05:46 PM

This is one time I'm glad Bracky was on our side.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Alledgedly he and the Butler Snow booster (or whatever he is) are close, so this could've come from there... He actually wrote the below quote. He's blantantly implying that Ole Miss boosters are threatening to engage in a power play to bring down other programs. When people here alluded to the possibility of them getting kicked out of the SEC, this is why. They don't know when to just take their lumps, shut their mouths, and do what's in the best long term interest of their university. They're too proud to be scolded, and that pride has become their own worst enemy. They are dangerously close to destroying themselves.

"Obviously Ole Miss can?t retaliate in any formal way. But far from the above-board practices of major programs, there?s a dense network of boosters, university employees, and middlemen who both create and solve problems in recruiting.

Rival coaching staffs file formal complaints against one another regularly, but among individuals who do the actual compensating of recruits, the philosophy of mutually assured destruction has been a loose rule."

Please. Please do it.

They should be kicked out for even threatening to do it. It's time for them to go.

Percho
02-23-2017, 06:45 PM

Please. Please do it.

Methinks it was the, "Network," that got them in trouble in the first place. You would think they would want to stay away from, "Networks".

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Here's the other reason they are going to try to take people down besides the fact that they are spoiled, arrogant, etc. After they were put on probation in 1994 that's exactly what they did- they turned us in and got us on probation in 1996. So, it worked then and also later in 2003. However, the major difference between then and now is we don't have a head coach that is at the top of the NCAA's hit list. So, Ole Miss and the NCAA had a mutual interest in taking down Jackie so it worked for them. That's not the case now.

This is why we should hope that Freeze stays up there. As long as he's there, the NCAA will be focused on them moreso than us. And if they got caught as a repeat offender, I don't know how they wouldn't shut them down for a while.

Dawgology
02-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Welcome aboard, guys.

Acid mouth
02-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Welcome aboard, guys.
Yup, we've been here awhile guys. The SEC can't afford to have this kind of liability in the conference especially when they don't contribute jack ****. And good luck EVER getting a decent recruit to look at your school when you make recordings in attempt to blackmail teenagers.

tireddawg
02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
This is why we should hope that Freeze stays up there. As long as he's there, the NCAA will be focused on them moreso than us. And if they got caught as a repeat offender, I don't know how they wouldn't shut them down for a while.

Sorry if that's what you really want. And I get it, but he is gone.

Chip
02-23-2017, 08:36 PM
tireddawg - you've obviously heard some really bad stuff on them.

Mimi's Babies
02-23-2017, 08:38 PM
tireddawg - you've obviously heard some really bad stuff on them.

Freeze is gone with at least 10 years worth of "SHOW CAUSE"..... :cool:

Bodaski
02-23-2017, 10:06 PM
OM brought Freeze in to do exactly what has been done. They got caught at it and now they are having a hard time dealing with "their best laid plans back-fired". It can never be proven of course, but if you go back and follow the HF timeline and all the players (off field coaches and positions) who were involved from off the field positions up until the past month, you'll see a pattern of people who are either recently fired or let go or just moved on. I remember Archie being asked how was Freeze able to bring highly touted recruits to Oxford? Archie said "Hugh has a plan and does some things a little different that seems to be working". I'll never forget him saying that.

DancingRabbit
02-23-2017, 10:46 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/214/files/2016/05/hugh-freeze-archie-manning-ncaa-football-sugar-bowl-oklahoma-state-vs-mississippi-412x260.jpg

"We can recruit because we've got a great head coach who's a good recruiter," Manning said. "And he's got a staff that feeds off each other. Their concept is selling Ole Miss, selling the program and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing."

Archie introduces new athletic director Ross Bjork
http://media.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/photo/10727458-large.jpg

Any word from Archie today?

OM brought Freeze in to do exactly what has been done. They got caught at it and now they are having a hard time dealing with "their best laid plans back-fired". It can never be proven of course, but if you go back and follow the HF timeline and all the players (off field coaches and positions) who were involved from off the field positions up until the past month, you'll see a pattern of people who are either recently fired or let go or just moved on. I remember Archie being asked how was Freeze able to bring highly touted recruits to Oxford? Archie said "Hugh has a plan and does some things a little different that seems to be working". I'll never forget him saying that.

Todd4State
02-24-2017, 12:10 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/214/files/2016/05/hugh-freeze-archie-manning-ncaa-football-sugar-bowl-oklahoma-state-vs-mississippi-412x260.jpg

"We can recruit because we've got a great head coach who's a good recruiter," Manning said. "And he's got a staff that feeds off each other. Their concept is selling Ole Miss, selling the program and maybe doing something a little different than what everybody else has been doing."

Archie introduces new athletic director Ross Bjork
http://media.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/photo/10727458-large.jpg

Any word from Archie today?

I would say that having recruits dance shirtless at a college bar qualifies as "doing something different".

Political Hack
02-24-2017, 06:34 AM
I would say that having recruits dance shirtless at a college bar qualifies as "doing something different".

Lol. They've definitely done it differently.

I seen it dawg
02-24-2017, 06:41 AM
**** those shitbirds