PDA

View Full Version : Talty speaks his mind...

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 01:18 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/ole_miss_hugh_freeze_flew_too.html?platform=hootsu ite

Statecoachingblows**
02-23-2017, 01:34 PM
"All the while, Ole Miss assistants quietly monitored the proceedings from upstairs, watching their top recruiting targets dance shirtless on stage to the adulation of the fans."

WHAT THE HELL??

Dolphus Raymond
02-23-2017, 01:46 PM
I thought many of the recruiting party rumors I had heard over the years were a bit exaggerated. If what Talty writes here is true, and this went on while "Ole Miss assistants quietly monitored (the proceedings) from upstairs" and allowed this type of bullshit to go on, then Freeze should have been fired yesterday WITH CAUSE. The first few paragraphs made me want to throw-up.

MetEdDawg
02-23-2017, 01:49 PM
I bet Talty is aware of a lot of stuff that he has been forced to keep quiet on.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Again....that place is a cult.

KB21
02-23-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm certain Talty could go into even more detail on this, which he wasn't allowed to do when he worked at the Clarion Liar.

KB21
02-23-2017, 01:54 PM
I thought many of the recruiting party rumors I had heard over the years were a bit exaggerated. If what Talty writes here is true, and this went on while "Ole Miss assistants quietly monitored (the proceedings) from upstairs" and allowed this type of bullshit to go on, then Freeze should have been fired yesterday WITH CAUSE. The first few paragraphs made me want to throw-up.

It's beyond obvious that this has been well coordinated cheating from the top down. Hugh knows exactly what was going on and is directly complicit. No one has even talked about the prostitutes waiting on the recruits when they got back to "The Inn".

Dolphus Raymond
02-23-2017, 01:54 PM
forced to resign.

MetEdDawg
02-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Agreed. Not sure how anyone can dispute lack of head coaching control or whatever it's called. Especially considering he said everything goes through him. Ole Miss should fire him, but I hope they keep him for as long as possible. He's already lied to so many recruits that every day he stays he's a walking death penalty. Any good high school football player isn't going to go to that dumpster fire of a coach and program to prepare themselves for the next level.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Agreed. Not sure how anyone can dispute lack of head coaching control or whatever it's called. Especially considering he said everything goes through him. Ole Miss should fire him, but I hope they keep him for as long as possible. He's already lied to so many recruits that every day he stays he's a walking death penalty. Any good high school football player isn't going to go to that dumpster fire of a coach and program to prepare themselves for the next level.

Exactly! Any credibility freeze had is gone and recruits and their families will no longer believe anything he says. If he stays theyll be lucky to sign a full class from here on out much less a good one. New motto: "unm where all 2 stars and no rated players are always welcome!"

Dolphus Raymond
02-23-2017, 02:14 PM
That article is eating at me like a cancer. How in the name of God did Hugh Freeze, and the Ole Miss administration, allow this type of "party" to occur? What in the hell were they thinking? This falls on the shoulders of Hugh Freeze. The NCAA needs to leave nothing behind in Oxford but a smoldering crater.

fishwater99
02-23-2017, 02:16 PM
That article is eating at me like a cancer. How in the name of God did Hugh Freeze, and the Ole Miss administration, allow this type of "party" to occur? What in the hell were they thinking? This falls on the shoulders of Hugh Freeze. The NCAA needs to leave nothing behind in Oxford but a smoldering crater.

Yep, the NCAA is going to force Freeze out and/or cripple Ole Miss football in the process.

Boodawg
02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Was it "love" that made Hugh Freeze lie to all of this years recruits to get a signature. That dude is such a hypocrite. If he was as honest and loving as he claims to be, he'd fire himself.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2017, 02:25 PM
freeze is gonna get fired but i sure wish he could stick around for several years and get to coach in one beating after another that the bears are gonna absorb from their SEC brethren!

GreenheadDawg
02-23-2017, 02:36 PM
freeze is gonna get fired but i sure wish he could stick around for several years and get to coach in one beating after another that the bears are gonna absorb from their SEC brethren!

I kinda want him to stick around so he has show his ugly mug on TV every Saturday while Vandy and Kentucky put up 60 on em. He deserves to be embarrassed

parabrave
02-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Was Bjork the AD at the time? If so then the blame really needs to be aimed at him. Wasn't he at Miami when the Shapiro party machine was in full force? Heck Freeze was probably told to stay out of his way cause he was a master of handling big time boosters. And since he got away with it at UM south(Miami) then he could get away with it in Oxford.

maroonmania
02-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Only UNM would pay 15,000 dollars to a recruit that they don't even get.

TrapGame
02-23-2017, 04:23 PM
I kinda want him to stick around so he has show his ugly mug on TV every Saturday while Vandy and Kentucky put up 60 on em. He deserves to be embarrassed

That should be a penalty. You keep your cheating ass coach under bone crushing sanctions for five years and watch him coach 3-9 seasons. You made your damn bed now sleep in it!

Tbonewannabe
02-23-2017, 04:40 PM
It's beyond obvious that this has been well coordinated cheating from the top down. Hugh knows exactly what was going on and is directly complicit. No one has even talked about the prostitutes waiting on the recruits when they got back to "The Inn".

Those christian women were just there to have a bible study so sayeth the Freezus.

FleaFlicker
02-23-2017, 05:17 PM
They way that is written makes it sound like the bar party was to show off their slaves for sale. "Dancing shirtless on the stage"

Commercecomet24
02-23-2017, 05:20 PM

+1000

Mutt the Hoople
02-23-2017, 09:26 PM
"All the while, Ole Miss assistants quietly monitored the proceedings from upstairs, watching their top recruiting targets dance shirtless on stage to the adulation of the fans."

WHAT THE HELL??

Are they recruiting, or Grooming?

PassInterference
02-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Why the hell didn't Talty write that article in 2013?

The CL wouldn't allow it. That's the only explanation.

Do law firms advertise in that rag? Maybe those are the advertisers pulling strings over there.

Apoplectic
02-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Why the hell didn't Talty write that article in 2013?

The CL wouldn't allow it. That's the only explanation.

Do law firms advertise in that rag? Maybe those are the advertisers pulling strings over there.

Agree talty is another gutless media *****. The only people with balls in the whole state media are Robertson and Riley.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Disregard

Schultzy
02-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Agree talty is another gutless media *****. The only people with balls in the whole state media are Robertson and Riley.

That's right, waaaaay too late for Talty or Kburger to jump on the bandwagon now and I refuse to click on that when national media and especially Robertson have continually exposed OM.

Which gave these two the open door to give this investigation its proper treatment.

And 34 even sooner with his 50,000 hit Network thread or however many it was.

By the way, can someone with skill re-post that? It would be interesting to read that now to see how it compares to what we are seeing going on today.

Todd4State
02-24-2017, 12:14 AM
They way that is written makes it sound like the bar party was to show off their slaves for sale. "Dancing shirtless on the stage"

Kunta. Kunta Nkemdiche.

EngDawg
02-24-2017, 12:27 AM
And 34 even sooner with his 50,000 hit Network thread or however many it was.

By the way, can someone with skill re-post that? It would be interesting to read that now to see how it compares to what we are seeing going on today.
I second that