PDA

View Full Version : Is there more to come?

SailingDawg
02-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Was this the last NOA? Will there be another letter? Amendment?

Seems with all the conspiracy rumors of big boosters in high governmental places that there will be additional investigation time.

Tunsil?

Nkimdiche family?

Patterson family?

starkvegasdawg
02-23-2017, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was it. After a while the NCAA just has to say we have enough to nail their tiny junk to the door and just stop. Pretty obvious they reached that point. What they could do is if TSUN start threatening them with lawsuits and trying to drag this out is tell them we also have this information we have not brought forward. Now sit down, shut up, and be happy we didn't include this. Otherwise, we may have to crank this all up again on repeat offender status. Bitch.

Jack Lambert
02-23-2017, 10:02 AM
AS far as the NCAA goes I think they figure they have enough to do what they wanted to do even if there was more Ole Miss is going to get the Max with what they got. As far as legal and public funds that might be more there to come.

Howboutdemdogs
02-23-2017, 10:09 AM
I was wondering the same thing. In the video, they said that the additional charges had nothing to do with the events from draft night. Was this a spin to deflect other NCAA activity at Old Piss?

ScottH
02-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Plane rides, Jackson lawyers and "Pay for Grades" school in Jackson area.....Hmmmm, I'd try and close book and move on if I were them

tireddawg
02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
There is more out there. In not sure it's all going fall under the NCAA. Not sure how its going to get handled. As I said before, what they've done is unprecedented. But there are still some powerful people involved with OM working hard to keep it under wraps.

MetEdDawg
02-23-2017, 11:24 AM
This is when the NCAA runs into problems. They have no subpoena power. So going after elected officials and upper level businessmen is very difficult because it's hard to get concrete facts and evidence of wrongdoing by those individuals specifically.

I would imagine that unless they have actual evidence of wrongdoings by elected officials, they won't go on a hunting expedition with circumstantial evidence. But I would bet they most definitely have some evidence of some wrongdoings, but I can't imagine they can tie it to a single individual. That would be sloppy even for OM.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-23-2017, 11:45 AM
My guess is that's it for NOAs.

My conspiracy theorist side believes that the NCAA uncovered the political and criminal related stuff and relayed what it knew to appropriate lawmakers (based on Rosebowl saying lawmakers have started asking questions).

Let's assume the rumors are true about the big names and politicians... The NOA isnt going to name them anyway. It would just say "booster A provided 'x' impermissible benefit to recruit B". After all, the NCAA is only investigating violators of its own amateurism rules, nothing else.

So if Im the NCAA, I want to cut the head off this snake, but I know it's not really in my scope and therefore have no method of repercussion beyond penalties for amateurism rule violations. So, the next move is to turn over any criminal wrongdoings to the appropriate authorities and let the cards fall where they may.

TrapGame
02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
They did not reveal what was the most damning of the NOA. They're holding back on a lot of stuff that is damning. This is exactly what they did for NOA #1. But, this time it's a lot worse.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-23-2017, 12:00 PM
The IRS would probably be a little interested as well...

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-23-2017, 12:10 PM
They did not reveal what was the most damning of the NOA. They're holding back on a lot of stuff that is damning. This is exactly what they did for NOA #1. But, this time it's a lot worse.

I think to answer your question...no, there are no more NOA's coming, but what will most likely come is what all else is in this NOA that they did not hit on in their "hostage video" as one national reporter named it. They listed the 8 additional violations, but within those 8 violations could be numerous other violations that pertain to each. Steve hit on it also....their track record shows that they deflect and delay as much and as long as possible. We won't know what all else is in this NOA until they actually release it in full.

We saw enough yesterday to conclude that it is going to be "catastrophic". We have yet to see what was in it that will make it "nuclear". Keep the popcorn popping. There is more to come.

TrapGame
02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I think to answer your question...no, there are no more NOA's coming, but what will most likely come is what all else is in this NOA that they did not hit on in their "hostage video" as one national reporter named it. They listed the 8 additional violations, but within those 8 violations could be numerous other violations that pertain to each. Steve hit on it also....their track record shows that they deflect and delay as much and as long as possible. We won't know what all else is in this NOA until they actually release it in full.

We saw enough yesterday to conclude that it is going to be "catastrophic". We have yet to see what was in it that will make it "nuclear". Keep the popcorn popping. There is more to come.

I know there won't be another NOA, this is it. Once they levied the LOIC, game over. And yes they are sitting on the most damning allegations in numero dos NOA. They're more to the LOIC allegations, bet on it. Bjork, Vitter and Freeze are sitting on a bomb. Hell, if Vitter keeps his job I'd be surprised.

Bully13
02-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Tunsil's living accommodations still have not surfaced?

Political Hack
02-23-2017, 12:36 PM
There's a lot that wasn't mentioned. Either the NCAA has what they need to hand out the most harsh penalty it will ever hand out and therefore stopped tracking the rest of the investigation, or there's more to come.

The ULaLa suit against the ACT could hold some things up too. Saunders involvement in that, while at Ole Miss, could result in further issues for them. "Could" being the key word. Personally, I think the NCAA has what they need and have a decision in place that theyre about to hand out the largest, most severe punishment they're willing to levy against a football program.

tireddawg
02-23-2017, 12:49 PM
There's a lot that wasn't mentioned. Either the NCAA has what they need to hand out the most harsh penalty it will ever hand out and therefore stopped tracking the rest of the investigation, or there's more to come.

The ULaLa suit against the ACT could hold some things up too. Saunders involvement in that, while at Ole Miss, could result in further issues for them. "Could" being the key word. Personally, I think the NCAA has what they need and have a decision in place that theyre about to hand out the largest, most severe punishment they're willing to levy against a football program.

I believe you're right & other "agencies" could become involved. There's def more.

dawggoneit
02-23-2017, 01:13 PM
I'm thinking the Tunsil money had more to do with state funds being misused. Wasn't a booster paying mama's light bill.

TStationDawg
02-23-2017, 01:23 PM
I agree with TrapGame. There is a reason they handled and "unveiled" the NOA the way they did. They are trying to stem the tide of public opinion/backlash. But its pointless. Once the full document comes out, no one will have mercy. They continue to try and skate like they think its actually possible.

Perpetual Underachiever
02-23-2017, 01:45 PM
So when will the full NOA document come out? What is the turnaround time on a FOIA request, assuming someone actually files the request? As a public university that has spent millions of tax payer $$$'s in legal fees to clean up their own mess the NOA should be available immediately...but I realize they struggle with the whole logic thing.