PDA

View Full Version : Mullen vs TSUN: 5-1 or 7-1?

oildawg
02-23-2017, 09:00 AM
I assume TSUN will have to vacate wins over the past seasons - at least past 4 seasons?

If Mullen is 5-3 versus the TSUN "on-the-field", it would seem like at least 2 of those losses will get "vacated". So, I guess that makes him 5-1 versus TSUN. Or, if the games were "forfeited" instead of "vacated" - we could claim 7-1. Hopefully, those of you more familiar with the rules can clarify.

So, what is Mullen's record versus TSUN - is it 5-1, 5-0, 7-1, what...? Just want clarification, but any of those are clear signs of a pounding. That's why you hire a highly successful Offensive Coordinator with national championships instead of a yo-yo who is more style than substance....

smootness
02-23-2017, 09:02 AM
There is no forfeiting of wins as an NCAA penalty; it's always vacation. But I don't think that really extends beyond the school itself's record. I mean, we can say whatever we want about Mullen's record against them...but I'm pretty sure his official record will still say whatever it is right now.

QuadrupleOption
02-23-2017, 09:04 AM
I think you would just subtract the losses without adding to the wins in a vacated scenario.

So anywhere from 5-3 to 5-0 would be possible.

In forfeits you add the losses back as wins. So it would be anywhere from 5-3 to 8-0.

oildawg
02-23-2017, 09:21 AM
Thanks. Seems like if TSUN vacates the wins, we ought to align and vacate the loss... I'll take 5-1. I just think the number would sting TSUN, similar to the numbers 55-20. Can't argue facts.... 55-20, 5-1, .....

LC Dawg
02-23-2017, 09:23 AM
The most important record Mullen has is that he is undefeated in pissing off the Rebels so bad that they openly cheated bad enough for the NCAA to bust them to a Sun Belt level program.

Jack Lambert
02-23-2017, 10:11 AM
I think you would just subtract the losses without adding to the wins in a vacated scenario.

So anywhere from 5-3 to 5-0 would be possible.

In forfeits you add the losses back as wins. So it would be anywhere from 5-3 to 8-0.

That's what Bama had to do a few years back.