PDA

View Full Version : McCready say...

CadaverDawg
09-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Ole Miss could have beaten SEMO 61-0 but didn't want to get anybody hurt.

What say ye, EliteDawgs?

I could have had a 14 inch weiner, but that just woulda been too heavy.**

601Dawg
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Maybe if they kept their starters in and kept throwing deep on them all game, but then again we could have beat Alcorn 70-0 if we did that as well.

msstate7
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
I listened to the game thru the 3rd and 4th. They played moncrief, treadwell, RN, Scott, etc. They pulled Wallace and the offense was non existent after that. If Wallace gets hurt, they may not win another game. He's that important to them.

Coach34
09-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Even with the problems at Texas, they will have to play their best game to win in Austin

HereComesTheSpiral
09-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Even with the problems at Texas, they will have to play their best game to win in Austin

At least they won't have to face a fierce Manny Diaz led defense.

msu4ever
09-09-2013, 08:32 AM
At least they won't have to face a fierce Manny Diaz led defense.

Given what we've seen lately, for that we can be thankful.....I bet Texas brings the house.....

Todd4State
09-09-2013, 08:45 AM
My thoughts:

Congratulations to Hugh Freeze on his first non-moral victory loss. Sounds like they have a few fans questioning some things. To me, when you get up on someone 31-0 or whatever, if you don't continue to tack on points, it's likely a sign of a lack of depth.

With my Dad being from Cape Girardeau where SEMO State is- they are not and never have been a football power at any level.

bocfarm
09-09-2013, 09:06 AM

I think Texas will have their hands full on defense, they just gave up 500+ yards ON THE GROUND in one game and just fired their DC after 2 games....not good.

PassInterference
09-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Fired coordinator 2 games in = scapegoat. If Brown knew what he was doing, he would have fired Diaz after last season

BossDawg
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
My thoughts:To me, when you get up on someone 31-0 or whatever, if you don't continue to tack on points, it's likely a sign of a lack of depth.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was weird that OM didn't score at all in the second half, especially considering Wallace was the only guy pulled. Their second/third stringers either suck major ass or Freeze really did call off the dogs and didn't even try to score.

Coach34
09-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Greg Robinson is the new DC- should be interesting to see what he does this week to make some changes

NewTweederEndzoneDance
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was weird that OM didn't score at all in the second half, especially considering Wallace was the only guy pulled. Their second/third stringers either suck major ass or Freeze really did call off the dogs and didn't even try to score.

I listened to their game on the way back from Starkville. Based on what their homer radio guy was saying, they pulled pretty much everyone in the 2nd quarter, to the point they were playing some rando WR at cb/s just to see if he could play or something. In the 2nd half they played most of the starters in spots, but it was hard to tell who was playing in combination with who. I think they put some of the offensive starters back in once SEMO started scoring, but they were also playing Brunetti and then some complete rando at QB.

It's already been said, but they are 100% screwed if Wallace goes down. Brunetti is basically a RB playing QB. They would be forced to burn Kincade's redshirt and pray he's ready. Wallace isn't a great QB but he is at least a competitor who is competent at both passing and running, so defenses have to at least respect both phases. Without him, defenses will feast on OM.

Oxfordawg
09-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I went to the game Ole Miss looked terrible on offense other than a few long passes and even then it looked like me running away from my 5 year olds soccer team. They had starters in on offense and defense through mid 3rd quarter with exception of Wallace. Brunetti is terrible can't make a decision to save his life and is a turn over machine. If Wallace goes down they're in danger of no more wins

Bothrops
09-09-2013, 11:46 AM
They ain't beating Texas. Unless Texas wants to lose.

bocfarm
09-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I think both Brunetti and Wallace will run wild. That was one of the worst looking rushing defenses I've seen in a while and OM will run the same type plays.

Trust me, I hope they get killed but I were to bet on it I'd take OM and the points. Texas is in complete disarray right now.

Drugdog
09-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't give 2 shits what Neal or Barrett Saly have to say Whenever they come on I tune off. Both are certified Dumb Asses.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2013, 12:21 PM
My thoughts:

Congratulations to Hugh Freeze on his first non-moral victory loss. Sounds like they have a few fans questioning some things. To me, when you get up on someone 31-0 or whatever, if you don't continue to tack on points, it's likely a sign of a lack of depth.

With my Dad being from Cape Girardeau where SEMO State is- they are not and never have been a football power at any level.

I agree! We played 3rd team guys and still scored another 29 points.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Guys, I agree that OM is getting way to much pub for not doing shit, but, at this point, they have to start playing games. If they keep winning then they deserve all the pub they get, and, if they don't, you'll see the publicity go away.

I'm actually glad Texas looked awful the other night because now OM is expected to win. Texas is no better and no worse for losing the other night, but the expectation has now changed.

In other words, before Saturday night, it would have been a program changing win if OM beat Texas or another moral victory if they played well. However, now that they are expected to win, a win is just a good win over a bad team, and a loss would be somewhat embarrassing.

Todd4State
09-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I agree! We played 3rd team guys and still scored another 29 points.

And our third string guys didn't give up 17 to them either.

HancockCountyDog
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
And our third string guys didn't give up 17 to them either.

Trying to gauge anything from either of these games is pretty worthless.

That being said, I would be scared shitless if my team only scored 31 points against a team that SE LA beat 45-7.

mic
09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
If Mac hasn't already lost his team on defense I expect them to circle the wagons and play balls out on defense..
Mac is probably coaching for his job Sat..
They have WAY too many athletes to be that bad on defense..