PDA

View Full Version : Props to Hugh Kellenberger and the CL

Bucky Dog
02-23-2017, 01:59 AM
I want to say that his article now in the CL is spot on and it hold no punches. He calls OM out and actually destroys Freeze and says there is no hiding and no one will believe anything they say now, and they shouldn't. He goes on to say there is no way they will beat the LOIC and actually says he always thought the NCAA thing was just a witch hunt, but he was wrong!! He says their offer of the bowl ban for a year isn't enough and there is still more to come out about Tunsil. Condemns OM for rubbing it in the NCAA face by calling them out and not firing Barney immediately after Tunsil on draft night.

Ok, so all that being said, WTH took you so long you stupid ass?! ED has been saying all of this for years and you turned a blind eye. **** you and Finebaum!!

BeardoMSU
02-23-2017, 02:08 AM
Meh...I think he's just covering his ass now; a last ditch attempt to fain some modicum of integrity. Not buying it.

Acid mouth
02-23-2017, 08:17 AM
**** that guy. He's a puppet. Any thread praising the CL should be locked immediately. The sooner y'all stop mentioning them, the sooner they stop printing that propaganda rag of a tabloid.

Ari Gold
02-23-2017, 08:23 AM
**** that fat ****..

coastdoglover
02-23-2017, 08:39 AM
He knew about all of this months ago and did nothing. He wasn't alone, Parrish Alford and Logan Lowery were worse. Shame on all of them.

Martianlander
02-23-2017, 08:44 AM
The minute that 2013 class was signed with star recruits Robert Nkemdiche, Laquon Treadwell and Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss knew the whispers of impropriety were never going to stop. Skepticism from rival coaching staffs and close scrutiny from the NCAA was a given. Meanwhile, Ole Miss and Freeze very carefully cultivated media allies to help build the narrative there was nothing to hide.
Quote from Dan Wolken article of today.

Martianlander
02-23-2017, 08:46 AM
He knew about all of this months ago and did nothing. He wasn't alone, Parrish Alford and Logan Lowery were worse. Shame on all of them.

Agree on Alford, but Lowery is the State beat writer and I'm sure the tsun Daily Journal had his hands tied.

Boodawg
02-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Looks like the CL sees the writing on the wall now, finally, and is trying to gain grace from MSU faithful, since there will be no more good news for the bears for some time to come.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 08:52 AM
That article is at least a year too late.

defiantdog
02-23-2017, 08:53 AM
How is the Clarion Ledger still around? I thought people quit pumping money into that awful publication 10 years ago when they put all of their employees on furlough.

smootness
02-23-2017, 08:54 AM
He still slid in this little line: "The offer of immunity to recruits who did not end up at Ole Miss but instead other SEC institutions also clearly paid off; the most damning allegation, that boosters provided a recruit with $13,000 to $15,600 in cash payments, likely came from that."

This is a 'journalist,' someone who is actually paid to be an editor at a newspaper, just throwing that out as fact. It is absurd.

QuadrupleOption
02-23-2017, 08:59 AM
I want to say that his article now in the CL is spot on and it hold no punches. He calls OM out and actually destroys Freeze and says there is no hiding and no one will believe anything they say now, and they shouldn't. He goes on to say there is no way they will beat the LOIC and actually says he always thought the NCAA thing was just a witch hunt, but he was wrong!! He says their offer of the bowl ban for a year isn't enough and there is still more to come out about Tunsil. Condemns OM for rubbing it in the NCAA face by calling them out and not firing Barney immediately after Tunsil on draft night.

Ok, so all that being said, WTH took you so long you stupid ass?! ED has been saying all of this for years and you turned a blind eye. **** you and Finebaum!!

Conspiracy theory time:

The puppet masters that actually run OM have instructed the CL and other media entities in the state to start hammering on Freeze and Bjork. This will turn the fanbase against them and make the transition easier when OM finally does run their asses off.

smootness
02-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Then you've got Steven Godfrey writing an article for SB Nation implying this may lead to doomsday throughout the SEC as other programs are taken down by OM boosters spouting off about what they know.

It's hilarious.

PassInterference
02-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Kellenberger turned a blind eye to Ole Miss while out-of-state sources and Steve Robertson scooped him again and again and again on OM NCAA stuff the last few years.

I think Robertson even said he shared incriminating text messages with CL staff and they looked the other way.

Let me make this clear: THE CLARION LEDGER HAS BEEN COMPLICIT IN AN OLE MISS COVERUP THROUGHOUT OLE MISS'S NCAA SAGA.

It is much too late for them to save face now. They are part & parcel of the scandal. A willing participant. GUILTY.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Kellenberger turned a blind eye to Ole Miss while out-of-state sources and Steve Robertson scooped him again and again and again on OM NCAA stuff the last few years.

I think Robertson even said he shared incriminating text messages with CL staff and they looked the other way.

Let me make this clear: THE CLARION LEDGER HAS BEEN COMPLICIT IN AN OLE MISS COVERUP THROUGHOUT OLE MISS'S NCAA SAGA.

It is much too late for them to save face now. They are part & parcel of the scandal. A willing participant. GUILTY.

The Daily Journal too. Real journalists would have been digging into this a long time ago.

Dawgology
02-23-2017, 09:04 AM
This is an effort to recover MSU readership. They've had their heads buried in the sand at best...at worst assisted in actively covering up. They are realizing now that they have alienated one fan base and are about to lose another one due to apathy over a dead football program. Too little, too late. 34 the CL. (34 = double 17)

preachermatt83
02-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Hamburg Ulmer has actually been better the last several months.

WSOPdawg
02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
The Daily Journal too. Real journalists would have been digging into this a long time ago.

Yup, Parrish Alford and Hugh Kellenberger are 2 peas in a pod. No way in Hades should they be cut any slack or given credit for now deciding to "get tough" with TCUN's cheating ways. They've been sugar-coating this story for too long!!!

WSOPdawg
02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
This is an effort to recover MSU readership. They've had their heads buried in the sand at best...at worst assisted in actively covering up. They are realizing now that they have alienated one fan base and are about to lose another one due to apathy over a dead football program. Too little, too late. 34 the CL. (34 = double 17)

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!! 17 the CL!!!

Reason2succeed
02-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Then you've got Steven Godfrey writing an article for SB Nation implying this may lead to doomsday throughout the SEC as other programs are taken down by OM boosters spouting off about what they know.

It's hilarious.

It's not just hilarious. Let their rabidly delusional fanbase keep this up and their athletic dept will find themselves on the chopping block at an SEC meeting.

Dawgology
02-23-2017, 09:48 AM
It's not just hilarious. Let their rabidly delusional fanbase keep this up and their athletic dept will find themselves on the chopping block at an SEC meeting.

Yep. What he said. Their future with the SEC hangs in the balance over the next 6 - 9 months based on their response to all of this.

Ari Gold
02-23-2017, 10:16 AM
The CL made more $$ today than they have made all year..
If they are smart they turn this into a 90 day piece

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-23-2017, 10:28 AM
**** that fat ****..

Rep added

CadaverDawg
02-23-2017, 10:30 AM

Winner. Nailed it.

That fat piece of shit could have actually done some digging instead of saying "I thought it was a witch hunt", since he obviously heard it was a witch hunt from the school he was in bed with. So **** that piece of trash, and screw any of our fans that fall for this weak attempt to get MSU fans back on board. Sam Hall could replace FatBurger with the Kang himself and I wouldn't do anything to keep that rag afloat. I hope it goes bankrupt yesterday.

Bucky Dog
02-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Ok, for those of you did not detect the sarcasm in the title and first paragraph, maybe I should have added *****

notsofarawaydawg
02-23-2017, 11:00 AM
**** THAT SHITBIRD !!

gtowndawg
02-23-2017, 11:04 AM
It's business now. He realizes Ole Miss folks are about to check out for the next 5 years...no readers for his stupid articles. He's already pissed off all the State readers so who's left? So sorry Hugh. Too late now.

edited: should have read Dawgology's post first since he said the same thing...

fishwater99
02-23-2017, 11:25 AM
HK didn't even list all the allegations from the Bear video. Why not HK?

Sacrifice
02-23-2017, 11:30 AM
?I feel terrible for our players and staff who have to handle the consequences of a very few,? Freeze said...

This guy is going to Deflect and Lie till the very end. God Lord Freeze MAN THE FU$K UP! Your done bro

smootness
02-23-2017, 11:39 AM
They're still trying to deflect and defend themselves - 'vigorously disagree', 'actions of a few'. Here's what that tells you - the people involved know they are on the block. If Bjork and especially Freeze thought they would survive it, they would be saying things like 'accept responsibility' (which Bjork actually did say, Freeze not so much). Freeze knows he's a goner.

Martianlander
02-23-2017, 12:09 PM
Bjork is higher up in the network than I thought. I said a year ago I thought he would be gone before football season and he's still leading the charge. I still believe he will ultimately be sacrificed and he and Freeze both gone. Now I believe Freeze first, then Bjork. Who knows who else in the food chain.

MStateDawg
02-23-2017, 12:12 PM
He still slid in this little line: "The offer of immunity to recruits who did not end up at Ole Miss but instead other SEC institutions also clearly paid off; the most damning allegation, that boosters provided a recruit with $13,000 to $15,600 in cash payments, likely came from that."

This is a 'journalist,' someone who is actually paid to be an editor at a newspaper, just throwing that out as fact. It is absurd.

You're reading that quote wrong. He's saying the "offer of immunity to recruits" was what "clearly paid off" for the NCAA investigative team.
Look at it like this: "The offer of immunity to recruits (who did not end up at Ole Miss but instead other SEC institutions) also clearly paid off"

smootness
02-23-2017, 12:43 PM
You're reading that quote wrong. He's saying the "offer of immunity to recruits" was what "clearly paid off" for the NCAA investigative team.
Look at it like this: "The offer of immunity to recruits (who did not end up at Ole Miss but instead other SEC institutions) also clearly paid off"

Oh, I'm stupid, you're right. The way I was reading it, I kept thinking it was really terribly worded haha. It's still a pretty poorly worded sentence, especially from a 'journalist'...not that it's surprising.