PDA

View Full Version : Non NCAA Hammer Related: XFL 30 for 30

RougeDawg
02-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Watching this 30 for 30 on the XFL makes me wonder if the league wouldn't be more successful today than when it was developed. The current NFL pricing and sissified rules would make league like the XFL much more appealing in today's environment than 2000 when the XFL started. Would be interesting to see someone take that leap of faith again. I'd surely be more interested. Possibly upgrade the arena league to a XFL this league, that plays Feb-May.

Todd4State
02-23-2017, 01:00 AM
I think the XFL's biggest mistake was the salary structure that they had. They should have gone all in on the bad boy image and thrown a lot of money at guys like Bill Romanowski and some of the more elite defensive superstars and tried to brand that way. They also should have gone after TO and Chad Johnson too.

WSOPdawg
02-23-2017, 09:31 AM
After watching, which I thoroughly enjoyed, another obvious problem was the talent (or lack thereof). I was reminded again of how I thought a mid-level college team could compete with those guys when they started as the offenses just weren't in sync and left me with the thought that they threw the teams together 2 weeks earlier.

But again, I love the 30for30 series that constantly takes us back in time, those really were good days.

fader2103
02-23-2017, 09:47 AM
I haven't seen this one yet, I was the biggest XFL fan, I have it recorded though. Where I became a Tommy Maddux fan!