PDA

View Full Version : Bowl ban

Bass Chaser
02-22-2017, 10:52 PM
If they're not bowl eligible in 2017, does that still count toward the penalty?

msstate7
02-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Think it does.

Wonder how many graduate transfers OM has leave this year

capofirstfret
02-22-2017, 11:09 PM
They would still be ineligible for the funds brought into the conference through bowl games. That's, possibly, more of a penalty than not being able to play a post-season game. According to the video, it's a projected nearly $8 million they would lose.

Coursesuper
02-22-2017, 11:18 PM
They would still be ineligible for the funds brought into the conference through bowl games. That's, possibly, more of a penalty than not being able to play a post-season game. According to the video, it's a projected nearly $8 million they would lose.

The way the money works is, they will have to forfeit all bowl funds while they are under a bowl ban. But what they aren't telling anyone is that they will have to forfeit 50% of conference revenue sharing.

HoopsDawg
02-22-2017, 11:20 PM
2 year bowl ban would mean all seniors and juniors would have a free transfer option.

Bothrops
02-22-2017, 11:38 PM
They'll get a 2 year bowl ban.

HSVDawg
02-22-2017, 11:58 PM
If they're not bowl eligible in 2017, does that still count toward the penalty?

It should. We actually got the most meaningless bowl ban ever in Croom's first year as part of the NCAA investigation in the early 2000's when Jackie was still here.

drunkernhelldawg
02-23-2017, 12:15 AM
It's a lot of money. But is it enough? No way.

msbulldog
02-23-2017, 06:53 AM
The way the money works is, they will have to forfeit all bowl funds while they are under a bowl ban. But what they aren't telling anyone is that they will have to forfeit 50% of conference revenue sharing.

They will have to forfeit 100% for the years on probation and receive 50% back at the end of probation. Severe cash flow crisis.

Boodawg
02-23-2017, 09:12 AM
2 year bowl ban would mean all seniors and juniors would have a free transfer option.

The way I understood it, is all scholarship underclassmen would be able to transfer freely, not upperclassmen. I certainly could be wrong here though.

MedDawg
02-23-2017, 09:56 AM
The way I understood it, is all scholarship underclassmen would be able to transfer freely, not upperclassmen. I certainly could be wrong here though.

Many here have stated that which athletes can transfer exactly coincides with the number of bowl bans. (1 year-Seniors can transfer, 2 years-Juniors can transfer, etc.). While that may have occurred in past NCAA penalties, I don't think that is a given. It's possible that the NCAA allows ANY OM football player to transfer without penalty, even 2017 signees/early enrollees. The NCAA has noted the misinformation regarding the investigation put out for years now by the OM administration and coaches to the media.