PDA

View Full Version : Let's put it all together and see what it looks like...

DeviousDawg
02-22-2017, 10:15 PM
First, a little background. Here is the definition of what an aggrivated, standard and mitigated violation means, as well as the NCAA's list of aggrivating and mitigating factors, with OM's aggrivating factors highlighted in yellow, mitigated factors highlighted in yellow, and mitigated factors that OM incorrectly claims highlighted in tan.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2vbqvk5.png

http://i68.tinypic.com/33u3ol3.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/x3vp3.png

Now, here is the head coach responsibility bylaw, which Ole Miss will fight in hopes of keeping Freeze alive:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2usd0ux.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/2gvpqmv.png

and finally, here is the penalty structure:

http://i68.tinypic.com/23r615h.png
http://i63.tinypic.com/fka1e8.png
http://i64.tinypic.com/29ge8oy.png

Now, let's take a look at all of the violations as well as a stab out predicting how they will be ruled; I did this about a month ago so I am copying and pasting my predictions for the original allegations, with the exception of the #2, the level II failure to monitor, because it has been upgraded in the addendum to a level I LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

ORGINAL NOA:

-Allegation #1: Standard level I; involves Tunsil and his 4 loaner cars, draft night and step dad are gonna make sure they are punished for this one. OM did help with the NCAA find some stuff on this one, but $8,000 worth of benefits without monitoring=standard level I.
-Allegation #2: Failure to monitor with a failure of an excuse for their failure. (MOVED TO ADDENDUM)
-Allegation #3: Mitigated Level I; Booster gave Tunsil's Step Dad $800 in cash, and OM didn't self report and there were 3 aggravating factors to 0 mitigating factors regarding this one. Will be on the high end of the values for mitigated Level I. OM disassociated the booster and saved themselves from another standard Level I.
-Allegation #4: Standard Level I: Booster provided a player's family with free lodging on 12 occasions equal to $2,253 in benefits. The aggrivating factor "were not isolated or limited" is a big one here, that's not what you want to see if you're on OM fan.
-Allegation #5: Level III
-Allegation #6: Mitigated Level II: OM self reported this one on their own, makes a big difference. Kiffin hooked a recruits family up with lodging on 2 occasions worth ~$1000
-Allegation #7: Level III
-Allegation #8: Standard Level I: OM self reporting the bulk of this one and disassociating Walter Hughes saved them from an aggravated level I. 16 sub allegations involving Hughes, Freeze, Luke, Harris and Kiffin hooking up the Memphis recruits. I expect Freeze to get and Harris to get a 2-5 year show cause for this one though, you just can't have your head coach and assistant coach go to a in-home visit together. Big no no, should be talked about more. Remember, Freeze also gets a suspension worth 10% of the sum of the Show Causes his assistants get.
-Allegation #9:Level III self reported
-Allegation #10: Mitigated Level I; this is Saunders and Vaughn fixing the grades, they fired both and neither Bjork or Freeze were there when it happened.
-Allegation #11: Standard Level I; This one is Saunders, Vaughn and Nix arranging housing for 3 recruits in Jackson so that they could go to the Ed. Center. Nix is still on staff, and they tried to fight this one for him, but that is what is going to end up making it a Standard Level I rather than mitigated.
-Allegation #12: Mitigated Level I; More of an individual allegation. Chris Vaughn lied to the NCAA during interviews, probable 10 year show cause. This is why he was fired from Texas.
-Allegation #13: Mitigated Level I; See allegation #12 and substitute Saunders for Vaughn.

ADDENDUM TO ORIGINAL NOA;

-Allegation #14: Level III: recruit was allowed to hunt on some boosters land, no big deal.
-Allegation #15: Standard Level I: two recruits were provided ~$2,500 in recruiting inducements in the form of transportation and lodging(INN) by a former staff member(Barney). This one is on the line of aggravated, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is ruled as such. There is a pattern going back to the original NOA of boosters/coaches providing lodging and transportation, this is a major aggravating factor.
-Allegation #16: Standard Level I: former staff member(Barney) violated principles of ethical conduct when he knowingly committed NCAA violations between March 2014 and February 2015 and knowingly provided false information to the institution and NCAA. This one is all in the wording, OM is trying to play dumb and act like they didn't know what Barney was doing, but the fact is they should've fired him the day they put him on administrative leave. This one is once again close to an aggravated Level I, due to aggravating factors, we will see but I'm gonna stick with standard.
-Allegation #17: Aggravated Level I: 2 boosters provided a recruit, we all know the names here, $13,000-$15,600 in cold hard cash. Aggravated all day, especially considering both of the boosters are members of the Vaught Society.
-Allegation #18: Aggravated Level I: Former staff member allowed a student athlete to receive free merchandise from a booster owned store in 2013, also, another former staff member allowed 2 student athletes to receive merchandise in 2014, 2015, and 2016 for a total of $2,800. 2 coaches allowing 3 players to receive free merchandise from a boosters store, over 3 years, also occurring after they received initial NOA. Ole Miss did not report this, and was allowing it to happen after the NOA was released. This one doesn't seem like much, but it's bad, especially considering one of these coaches might have helped tell the story.
-Allegation #19: Level III
-Allegation #20: Mitigated Level I: A booster provided a recruit with money, food and drinks totaling to $800. Pretty weak as far as level I goes.
-Allegation #21: Standard Level I: Hey Hugh, bye Hugh. Show Cause for the Beav.
-Allegation #22: Aggravated Level I: LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. They will fight this one, but lose, Bjork will be gone. The thing about this allegation is that is perfectly describes their 'institution, it was just beautiful hearing Bjork say those 3 words.

So, by my count, they're 17ed.

GTHOM
02-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Booster bought a kid a SUV too

Political Hack
02-22-2017, 10:34 PM
They are so screwed. They honestly should've self imposed a death penalty. One year death penalty would be less painful long term than what they're going to get.

Johnson85
02-22-2017, 10:39 PM
If you follow the chart, it looks like at least two years bowl
Ban, six years probation, and 25% scholarship reduction (don't understand this one; reads as if it would be at least 7 scholarships a year for six years, but that doesn't match up with how they've done things in the past).

DeviousDawg
02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
If you follow the chart, it looks like at least two years bowl
Ban, six years probation, and 25% scholarship reduction (don't understand this one; reads as if it would be at least 7 scholarships a year for six years, but that doesn't match up with how they've done things in the past).

You read it wrong. Those penalties are for EACH allegation. The lack of institutional control will without a doubt be ruled a aggravated level I. There goes 25%-50% of their scholarships right there. These aren't suggested penalty ranges, they are THE penalty ranges. They obviously wont choose to use the scholarship penalties for each level I, some will go to bowl bans, some will go to probation, and some will go to show causes. However, there are plenty of level I's to go around. There are 3-5 allegations that could be ruled aggrivated level I. The NCAA is going to have their hands full trying to figure out how to divvy out the penalties without leaving them with 20 scholarships 4 years from now. Like Hack said, a one year death penalty would possibly be easier to overcome than the long term penalties they are facing.