PDA

View Full Version : When your OM friends try to say...

lamont
02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
they are fighting it and they will be ok- just remind them that guilty murderers and thieves fight their charges too. The NCAA didnt give immunity to let them off the hook. They did it to hang them.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2017, 06:10 PM
OM friends?

smootness
02-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Even some of the 'smaller' Level 1 violations, the ones they're not fighting - allege that the program itself set up the benefits. The NCAA has hammered programs for things that the football program itself didn't set up, they just didn't monitor or control well enough.

These are allegations that the football program/staff actually orchestrated.

I mean, a football staff member arranging for 2 boosters to provide cash payments, among other things, totaling up to $15,000? That ain't good. And that was a prospective player who didn't end up there. The reason the NCAA has things like 'institutional control' they can throw in is because if they can show that happened in one case with one player who didn't even end up there, they know that happened with tons of others. And they'll punish you like it did.

They screwed.

fader2103
02-22-2017, 06:12 PM
OM friends?

Haha

lamont
02-22-2017, 06:12 PM
OM friends?

some people have them I'm sure. Today I have alot fewer

lamont
02-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Even some of the 'smaller' Level 1 violations, the ones they're not fighting - allege that the program itself set up the benefits. The NCAA has hammered programs for things that the football program itself didn't set up, they just didn't monitor or control well enough.

These are allegations that the football program/staff actually orchestrated.

I mean, a football staff member arranging for 2 boosters to provide cash payments, among other things, totaling up to $15,000? That ain't good. And that was a prospective player who didn't end up there. The reason the NCAA has things like 'institutional control' they can throw in is because if they can show that happened in one case with one player who didn't even end up there, they know that happened with tons of others. And they'll punish you like it did.

They screwed.

good point Smoot