PDA

View Full Version : The "Leo lewis Audio"

Dawgology
02-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Ive not heard it but I listened to an interview from today where it was talked about and two things stick out to me:

1. This was audio of an Ole Miss coach talking to a parent of Lewis. This is fabricated evidence. It doesn't even involve MSU it supposedly involved a reference to MSU. Again, though, its an audio file. No way to know if anyone is who they claim to be in the audio and it was produced by OLE MISS!!! So we have voices recorded by Ole Miss staffers (the university under investigation for cheating and deceit) that is "damning" to state. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....seems legit. I would approach that with salt shaker in hand. Honestly, submitting something like that to the NCAA is going to piss them the 17 off....but good luck with that shitbirds.

2. OLE MISS SECRETLY RECORDS MEETING WITH PROSPECTIVE RECRUITS!!! Wtf, guys, really??? Welcome to blackmail 101 I guess. Let Ole Miss into your home at your own peril....jeez!!

Ole miss is seriously 17'd.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2017, 02:09 PM
There's probably some civil rights issues or conspiracy to black mail.

It may not be.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations

blacklistedbully
02-22-2017, 02:14 PM
One of my 2 Nafoom posts per year was in reply to them posting this rumor months ago. I told them then that, even if it were true, what would future recruits think once you establish you secretly record them and/or their mom's conversations?

Really ignorant. But then a bunch of them are still advocating they sue the NCAA. There is no shortage of stupid in Oxford.

WSOPdawg
02-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Ive not heard it but I listened to an interview from today where it was talked about and two things stick out to me:

1. This was audio of an Ole Miss coach talking to a parent of Lewis. This is fabricated evidence. It doesn't even involve MSU it supposedly involved a reference to MSU. Again, though, its an audio file. No way to know if anyone is who they claim to be in the audio and it was produced by OLE MISS!!! So we have voices recorded by Ole Miss staffers (the university under investigation for cheating and deceit) that is "damning" to state. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.....seems legit. I would approach that with salt shaker in hand. Honestly, submitting something like that to the NCAA is going to piss them the 17 off....but good luck with that shitbirds.

2. OLE MISS SECRETLY RECORDS MEETING WITH PROSPECTIVE RECRUITS!!! Wtf, guys, really??? Welcome to blackmail 101 I guess. Let Ole Miss into your home at your own peril....jeez!!

Ole miss is seriously 17'd.

Exactly, there would be no other way for the NCAA to interpret secret recordings other than for them to potentially be used to keep recruits and players from talking (about the Network's dealings) in the future. This is nothing but more stupidity on TCUN's part.

blacklistedbully
02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Exactly, there would be no other way for the NCAA to interpret secret recordings other than for them to potentially be used to keep recruits and players from talking (about the Network's dealings) in the future. This is nothing but more stupidity on TCUN's part.

At a minimum the NCAA would have to be wondering how many kids on their roster are being manipulated right now.

Hrdawg82
02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
That is blatantly against Federal and State law unless they somehow disclosed to these kids the interviews are being recorded.

WSOPdawg
02-22-2017, 02:49 PM
At a minimum the NCAA would have to be wondering how many kids on their roster are being manipulated right now.

More reason to shut the program down 100% less these kids keep getting manipulated in the future?

Liverpooldawg
02-22-2017, 03:06 PM
So Ole Miss secretly records their conversations with recruits and their families. If I was a recruit that would eliminate them from my list. That's just sleazy.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2017, 03:11 PM
That is blatantly against Federal and State law unless they somehow disclosed to these kids the interviews are being recorded.

Actually not.

Per the google:
Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Actually not.

Per the google:
Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.

Where Ole Miss has to worry is did they use it to keep guys in line.

WSOPdawg
02-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Where Ole Miss has to worry is did they use it to keep guys in line.

Or keep the guys from getting out of line. This has to send up major red flags to the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
02-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Actually not.

Per the google:

State law is the same.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Or keep the guys from getting out of line. This has to send up major red flags to the NCAA.

Hopefully some DA.

SailingDawg
02-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Sounds like something Tay would do

1bigdawg
02-22-2017, 05:09 PM
If I were an NCAA investigator, I would ask for all of their recordings with recruits, their parents and/or their representatives. Just acknowledging that this recording really exists opens a new can of worms.

Political Hack
02-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Ole Miss is recording conversations with recruits. That's what the takeaway is. Period.

I_Spy
02-22-2017, 05:15 PM
I don't know what's more damning recruiting or playing drugged up recruits until they almost die knowingly - I mean if you were an NCAA judge...
In this I'm not saying people are bad. But those kids could have died and you would think someone would help them. From what I understand it was known all through Oxford and Jackson for a year or more. Or I'm not trying to condemn players as everyone tries a drug nearly - but the organization or school was willing to let the kids die. That to me should be death penalty. Or fair judge.