PDA

View Full Version : Auburn dude on Rivals posting UNM made a better DC hire than us

blacklistedbully
02-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Not kidding, I'm sure it has nothing to do with McGriff's Auburn ties.***

Also said he believes UNM is more talented defensively, and will have a better defense than State this year.

MetEdDawg
02-22-2017, 09:35 AM

Also said he believes UNM is more talented defensively, and will have a better defense than State this year.

Auburn fans need to worry about their own house of cards. Malzahn was a couple more losses away from getting canned. But they want to opine about our DC hiring? I really dislike Auburn fans. They have the moral superiority of Bama fans with very little to back it up.

Tailgate Superstar
02-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Some Auburn fans will never get over the fact that we exposed Cam and his dad for their shenanigans. This appears to be the reason this Sally douchebag has such a red-ass.

blacklistedbully
02-22-2017, 09:53 AM
26 years of coaching and this is his only D1 DC opportunity, at a school whose staff has been devastated, who's HC is, at best, a question mark on whether he will be there next year, and with the NCAA hammer about to fall hard. And this guy is supposed to be better than Grantham?

BB30
02-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Yea, my dislike for Auburn is right up there with the Rebs. I used to really dislike Bama but here in the last few years the Aubies have surpassed the tide as far as my dislike for each program goes. Auburn got damn lucky with the Cam situation and I am still not sure how nothing happened to them. I legitimately believe that cost us a SEC title. We had virtually the same team as Auburn that year with more offensive pieces around CAM and Dan would have benefited Cam more. I think that is why at the beginning of the Rebs downfall I didn't buy into the fact that the NCAA would actually do anything.

dickiedawg
02-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Saw it reported this week that Grantham's salary from MSU is $650k. Kind of lends credibility to the idea that he was told to look around by Louisville, if he would leave for that much less money. That seemed like total nonsense at the time- who would trade Grantham for Sirmon willingly- but who knows?

1bigdawg
02-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Saw it reported this week that Grantham's salary from MSU is $650k. Kind of lends credibility to the idea that he was told to look around by Louisville, if he would leave for that much less money. That seemed like total nonsense at the time- who would trade Grantham for Sirmon willingly- but who knows?

That is only the money from MSU and does not include any many from private foundations which support the University like the Bulldog Club.

trob115
02-22-2017, 10:02 AM

That doesn't include money from the bulldog club. I expect that his bdc contribution is almost that amount, if not more.

Liverpooldawg
02-22-2017, 10:02 AM

You are aware that Granthem's state funded salary isn't the same as his actual salary aren't you?

lamont
02-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Grantham is making just over a million per for 3 years

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Rivals message boards still exist?

WSOPdawg
02-22-2017, 10:19 AM

Somebody doing some serious trolling (I'm talking about the Auburn dude on the rivals message board).

Boodawg
02-22-2017, 10:20 AM
17 those s**t birds!!!

BossDawg
02-22-2017, 10:23 AM
You sure it's an Auburn fan and not some UM nut posing as one? They've been known to do that kind of thing from time to time.

Bothrops
02-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Just go ahead and slide the Auburn fans down into the same putrid container of waste and close the lid.

blacklistedbully
02-22-2017, 10:27 AM
You sure it's an Auburn fan and not some UM nut posing as one? They've been known to do that kind of thing from time to time.

I'm sure. He's been on that board for many years, and is clearly an AU fan. He usually does try to be objective, but he's gone off the deep end on this one. I'm sure it has everything to do with McGriff's tie to AU. He's also crediting UNM's recruiting success, though he admits they will soon pay the price.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-22-2017, 10:49 AM
If Auburn don't win 10 games this year, they will be hunting new Coaches.....

maroonmania
02-22-2017, 03:02 PM

Nobody should be gullible enough to think that Louisville actually WANTED to go from Grantham to Sirmon as their DC. I mean going from a guy who has a long track record of never having had a defense finish outside of the Top 50 to a guy that has been a DC only one year, and in that year his defense did not even finish in the Top 100. If that is really what Petrino wanted he should have his head examined.

sandwolf
02-22-2017, 04:01 PM
Nobody should be gullible enough to think that Louisville actually WANTED to go from Grantham to Sirmon as their DC. I mean going from a guy who has a long track record of never having had a defense finish outside of the Top 50 to a guy that has been a DC only one year, and in that year his defense did not even finish in the Top 100. If that is really what Petrino wanted he should have his head examined.I can get on board with the idea that they didn't want Grantham to leave, but if they didn't want to hire Sirmon then why did they? It is one of the more head scratching hires that I have seen.

Todd4State
02-22-2017, 05:13 PM
I can get on board with the idea that they didn't want Grantham to leave, but if they didn't want to hire Sirmon then why did they? It is one of the more head scratching hires that I have seen.

Sirmon is the Lane Kiffen of DC's.