PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from yesterday

It_Could_Happen
02-22-2017, 08:27 AM
I've had a chance to calm down so here are some rational thoughts on yesterday....

1. It makes me sick to think IJ Ready will never play on a winning team. The kid is as gutsy a player as I can remember. His effort down the stretch yesterday was incredible. Hate he couldn't find any help.

2. Q has regressed this year. Not sure what happened, maybe it's the fact teams are keying on him now, but if he wants to be an nba talent, he is going to have to learn to score with a teams best defender guarding him.

3. AK simply out coached Ben Howland last night. When they went to the 1-3-1 we had no answer on offense, and never really made any adjustments

4. Good effort by the students... I know it was a 8 PM tip on a weeknight but expected a bigger crowd.

As angry as I was about the baseball meltdown, I'm kind of in wait and see mode. Seems like everybody across the country was sleep walking yesterday. We have the offense to compete, we just have to figure out who can do what on the mound.

msstate7
02-22-2017, 08:31 AM
2. Q isn't an NBA player

3. OM runs the 1-3-1 every game, so no excuses not being fully prepared for it.

smootness
02-22-2017, 08:55 AM
Q is best as a complementary player who can spot up and shoot and get out in transition. Initiating offense in the halfcourt isn't his strength and never will be. I think he's trying to figure out his role, and it's tough when you're one of the most experienced guys on a team full of freshmen who are looking to you, and that's not really what you do best. He needs to be our 2nd or 3rd option on offense, not the 1st.

MarketingBully
02-22-2017, 08:57 AM
I think what has killed us the past two games and what has made us even worse then we were is our perimeter shooting. For whatever reason, we have completely lost confidence there. Add in the fact that on this losing streak we are shooting 50% from the free throw line and you get why we are losing. Florida and Ole Miss were right where we wanted them to be (playing like crap on the road) and we did everything in our power to let them stay in the game until they woke up and took it over because we missed open shots and doink free throws. The defense has been there the past two games and was good enough to win both games. The last two games though especially we have found new ways to lose and that is disheartening.

lamont
02-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Freshman wall has hit

Gutter Cobreh
02-22-2017, 09:06 AM
2. Q isn't an NBA player

3. OM runs the 1-3-1 every game, so no excuses not being fully prepared for it.

Maybe it is just me, but I'd prefer for #2 to be stated "Q isn't an NBA caliber player yet".

No sense in pigeon holing the kid at this point, as he still has 2 years left. He may never make the jump, but the pointed statements regarding these kids is ridiculous.