PDA

View Full Version : Riley Self should be our closer

DeviousDawg
02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Literally a Holder clone. Blake Smith is not a closer. He might have done well last year, but he is not a closer.

msstate7
02-22-2017, 12:37 AM
Rigby MIA... unless game is throughly in hand. Can't use him in contested game

Todd4State
02-22-2017, 12:42 AM
I think Self should be in the rotation. Barton or Price should be the closer. Heck maybe Ashcraft.

TNDawg35
02-22-2017, 07:21 AM
I think Ashcraft to closer would be a good move. He throws very hard and looked really good once through the line up the other day. Self should start, or atleast give him the chance to start....

hailstate17
02-22-2017, 07:35 AM
I don't know about Ashcraft at closer. Closer is just as much mentality as stuff. Very few freshman can handle that role. Give the ball to Rigby

WSOPdawg
02-22-2017, 09:30 AM
I think Self should be in the rotation. Barton or Price should be the closer. Heck maybe Ashcraft.

I was highly impressed with Denver McQuary this past weekend and think he can be a key cog at the back end of the bullpen.

BB30
02-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Depending on how our weekend rotation continues to do, Self will get a shot in the rotation at some point I would think. You don't take a guy that can give you 5+ and make him a closer unless you already have a solid weekend rotation(which I don't think we have) set in stone. I think you could potentially see Self at the #2 or #3 by the middle of the season if he continues to pitch well. The kid has great stuff and is a big physical kid that can carry his velo deeper into ballgames.