PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre NCAA FB News.... Iowa State has not 1... but 2 airplanes...

TUSK
02-21-2017, 03:32 AM
with which to recruit...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18724734/many-universities-using-private-planes

That explains why they whipped Okie State's ass in '11, I RECkon....

Reason2succeed
02-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Do we have a plane or helicopter? If not we need one. We know that OM used their access to an airplane to lure Tunsil, Treadwell, and The Nkimdechees. We have to recruit to our rural school and we have many players from rural areas that are not near airports. We have to play with the big boys in every way without cheating like OM did.

1bigdawg
02-21-2017, 07:08 AM
I thought the NCAA outlawed using private planes to bring in recruits. There is no limit on what the coaches fly to get to recruits, though.

Indndawg
02-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Do we have a plane or helicopter? If not we need one. We know that OM used their access to an airplane to lure Tunsil, Treadwell, and The Nkimdechees. We have to recruit to our rural school and we have many players from rural areas that are not near airports. We have to play with the big boys in every way without cheating like OM did.

it was pretty sweet.

Maroonandwhite
02-21-2017, 08:05 AM
The university has a full-time flight department and probably more than one plane. Ole Miss has more than one aircraft. It's common practice. That article was written with a hard left slant. Universities use aircraft just like major corporations. Like it or not, this is big business and time is precious. Aircraft help executives become highly efficient and help make deals. ESPN is stirring up more trouble for nothing in my opinion.

MedDawg
02-21-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't know what MSU currently has; but, they used to lease Harold Clark's corporate aircraft. The university has a full-time flight department and probably more than one plane. Ole Miss has more than one aircraft. It's common practice. That article was written with a hard left slant. Universities use aircraft just like major corporations. Like it or not, this is big business and time is precious. Aircraft help executives become highly efficient and help make deals. ESPN is stirring up more trouble for nothing in my opinion.

OM counts Katy Perry's and Matthew McConaughey's private jets because they landed at the Oxford airport once.

Mjoelner34
02-21-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't know what MSU currently has; but, they used to lease Harold Clark's corporate aircraft. The university has a full-time flight department and probably more than one plane. Ole Miss has more than one aircraft. It's common practice. That article was written with a hard left slant. Universities use aircraft just like major corporations. Like it or not, this is big business and time is precious. Aircraft help executives become highly efficient and help make deals. ESPN is stirring up more trouble for nothing in my opinion.

MSU flight-ops has 2 Beech jets.
http://www.flight.msstate.edu/fleet/

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-21-2017, 09:05 AM
some maroon stripes down the side of these things.

shannondawg
02-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Don't know about now, but they use to lease aircraft from individuals, it was a pretty sweet deal for both the school and the individuals. They got the use of aircraft and the individuals got the benefit of a pretty sweet tax right off, plus the use of the plane.

craigmid
02-21-2017, 09:40 AM
What about the helicopter that Dan uses?

Reason2succeed
02-21-2017, 09:56 AM
some maroon stripes down the side of these things.
They need to "wrap it in maroon and white".

shrimp
02-21-2017, 10:31 AM
I believe the top one, N370FC, is Hassell Franklin's aircraft. Not sure about the other one. The MSU flight dept used to have access to some of Furniture Brands International's aircraft when Mickey Holliman was their Chairman. They've managed as many as 5 aircraft previously.

Maroonandwhite
02-21-2017, 10:33 AM
What about the helicopter that Dan uses?

I'm pretty sure that the helicopter time is donated to the university for Dan's use by a supporter that operates his business in-state.

shrimp
02-21-2017, 10:36 AM
The other one, N404MS, is owned by the MSU Foundation.

I believe the top one, N370FC, is Hassell Franklin's aircraft. Not sure about the other one. The MSU flight dept used to have access to some of Furniture Brands International's aircraft when Mickey Holliman was their Chairman. They've managed as many as 5 aircraft previously.

Maroonandwhite
02-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Both aircraft seem fairly modest and reasonable for State's needs in my humble opinion. The university and/or foundation could be spending a lot more in operating costs for other types of aircraft. Like I said, I think the ESPN article was written to drum up negativity by the masses.