PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl gets political...

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 02:30 PM
From today's Boneyard...

"I got a call Saturday night after baseball game... there is some discussion about state lawmakers that are looking into the NCAA investigation of Ole Miss, and not in the way that the esteemed State Senator was about trying to limit the scope of NCAA investigations... but I understand that there are some questions being asked, about some people and the potential misuse of state funds, and not people that work at the University of Mississippi, but people that are maybe in conjunction or perhaps representatives of the University's athletics' interests... I believe that changes the dynamics of things in a big way... I don't know if I've ever seen a situation like that where state law makers start asking questions, and not because the University is being victimized, but because they think there are other people that perhaps have over stepped their boundaries."

Hmmmm.... :confused:

CadaverDawg
02-20-2017, 02:32 PM
This is a good thing for Ole Miss**

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 02:38 PM
I was about to start my own thread but saw this one and one other.

Rosebowl dropped some bombshells

1. Legislators looking into misappropriation of state funds connected to OM investigation
2. Conversations have been made by people connected to OM concerning the future of High Freeze. Hugh Freeze has responded to this.
3. The state media is waking up to the enormity of the OM investigation scandal
4. There is a possibility that current OM players may lose eligibility
5. A former "member of the [OM] family" has blown the whistle on their whole operation and by doing so
6. The credibility of other witnesses has been confirmed

Is Steve Robertson becoming the next Jack Cristil? He is becoming an iconic voice for the program not as a broadcaster but as an investigative journalist.

missouridawg
02-20-2017, 02:39 PM
We can't wait to tell our story. /endBdork

missouridawg
02-20-2017, 02:40 PM

1. Legislators looking into misappropriation of state funds connected to OM investigation
2. Conversations have been made by people connected to OM concerning the future of High Freeze. Hugh Freeze has responded to this.
5. A former "member of the [OM] family" has blown the whistle on their whole operation and by doing so

Is Steve Robertson becoming the next Jack Cristil? He is becoming an iconic voice for the program not as a broadcaster but as an investigative journalist.

Honestly, Im starting to fear for his safety. I'm happy he provides us great info, but those clowns up north are lunatics.

I guess you could say I fear for his soul.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
02-20-2017, 02:45 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Dawgbite
02-20-2017, 02:46 PM
They can't touch the mans soul, but his ass is a different story.

Political Hack
02-20-2017, 02:48 PM
I posted here over a year ago that the academic scandal opened up state funds to students that would've otherwise been ineligible. It's fraud and the tax payers of Mississippi picked up a portion of the bill. MTAG alone for each ineligible kid would be several thousand dollars.

wmccgc
02-20-2017, 02:49 PM

That's a lot of mistakes.

starkvegasdawg
So mistakes were made?

DancingRabbit
We can't wait to tell our story. /endBdork

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1sGhYHWk7g7Dl-Svt8vI34kSDsY=/0x0:4226x2817/352x235/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48682543/usa-today-9013114.0.jpg
http://photosaws.sparkpeople.com/guid/b6c49540-c0ec-4e57-8e89-826b0f9b710c.jpeg

lamont
02-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Hey Hugh!!

lamont
02-20-2017, 02:57 PM
That Network shit ain't so funny now to a lot of Red and Blue

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2017, 02:58 PM
9 over 3.

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Ronnie Musgrove knows something... Back to his huffington post article:

"When a university worries more about politics than it does students and educators, that?s bad news for the students and educators. When a chancellor has to worry about taking care of the Governor?s cronies, those legal fees get taken out of salaries, skimmed off research grants and added to tuition.

While I can?t speak for Grisham, Barksdale or Manning, I can say for myself, this is a different kind of Greek tragedy than one you usually see on college campuses these days. It?s a classic tale of money and greed and corruption, and the firing of Dr. Daniel W. Jones was only the first act"

Me thinks Musgrove knows something... anyone notice how weird it is that a article titled "Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi)" has a headline photo with Musgrove and Keenum standing behind a Mississippi State backdrop? I think someone knows something, and I think someone has chosen a side. This isn't just a college football scandal, but a state wide political scandal. Damn, just when you think it couldn't get any worse for the Rebs, it gets worse by a magnitude of 10. This is the kind of thing that makes the death penalty an actual possibility. Seriously...

http://i63.tinypic.com/1582xz6.png

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Honestly, Im starting to fear for his safety. I'm happy he provides us great info, but those clowns up north are lunatics.

I guess you could say I fear for his soul.

Rosebowl is just doing his job. It just seems courageous because the rest of the so-called journalists in this state are obvious under a gag order. Eventually everything they are doing in the dark is going to come to light. This is going beyond 30 for 30 levels. This is 60 minutes or a big screen documentary.

RougeDawg
02-20-2017, 03:18 PM
It's been confirmed. Bucky is a dead man walking. I'm not sure why they haven't fired him at this point. He will not be coaching past 2017 season, if he makes it that long. They could gain some credibility by doing so but I guess they are going to ride the titanic all the way to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Political Hack
02-20-2017, 03:20 PM
It's been confirmed. Bucky is a dead man walking. I'm not sure why they haven't fired him at this point. He will not be coaching past 2017 season, if he makes it that long. They could gain some credibility by doing so but I guess they are going to ride the titanic all the way to the bottom of the Atlantic.

It took them a long time to fire Barney. I suspect they had to find a resolution so he wouldn't tell everyone where the bodies are buried. That'll be 10 times more complicated with Hugh.

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 03:23 PM

Freeze has been burnt toast for a while now... I think there are bigger bucks in the cross hairs now.

RP, myself, as well as others, have been saying that 2016 will be Freeze's last season as the OM head coach for well over 6 months now.

Political Hack
02-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Freeze has been burnt toast for a while now... I think there are bigger bucks in the cross hairs now.

RP, myself, as well as others, have been saying that 2016 will be Freeze's last season as the OM head coach for well over 6 months now.

I'm surprised he's still there to be honest. Ole miss is begging for the death penalty.

Indndawg
02-20-2017, 03:29 PM

http://e.snmc.io/lk/f/l/3d002fd4c538a0931efe1c6cacbe9eb0/1512657.jpg

They're joined at the hip. If one's gonna be fired then the other will. Too much dirt on the other. Funny

PassInterference
02-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Ole Miss would surely want the NCAA case to close before public depositions and such were to get started.

Didn't Freeze already get deposed for something? The Nkemdichie lawsuit? I don't recall. I just remember they asked a judge to seal the record, and I believe the judge did that.

PassInterference
02-20-2017, 03:33 PM

They're going to keep Freeze as long as they can. Firing him would unleash unholy hell of PR negativity on their program. They need the seas to stay calm as long as possible as they work back channels for a replacement.

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 03:34 PM
It took them a long time to fire Barney. I suspect they had to find a resolution so he wouldn't tell everyone where the bodies are buried. That'll be 10 times more complicated with Hugh.

Hugh loves himself some Ole Miss, he is going down with the ship. It's not Hugh that they have to worry about, it's the countless players, recruits, and ex recruits that are no longer receiving their monthly pay check that they have to worry about. Remember, they take care of their own, well beyond their playing times. There is gonna be a lot of pissed off people when they aren't receiving the $$$ they were promised. Especially when the majority of them could care less about OM once they aren't getting their pay checks.

They had the right idea hiring only OM guys to the football staff, guys they could trust. However, they went the completely opposite direction with recruiting, going after guys that didn't know the difference between MSU and OM until the private jet picked them up to show them how much greener the trees are in Oxford than Starkville. Those trees aren't looking so green now, and we all know the world we live in, when people ain't gettin what they owed for sitting on their ass, they will complain to anyone with two ears.

Perpetual Underachiever
02-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Quote of the Day:

https://media.giphy.com/media/hWwpy16ovRvC8/source.gif

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 03:38 PM
They're going to keep Freeze as long as they can. Firing him would unleash unholy hell of PR negativity on their program. They need the seas to stay calm as long as possible as they work back channels for a replacement.

At this point, OM is a murder caught red handed, just trying to enjoy everyday and ignore reality until their trial date and eventual fate is handed down. There is not a soul high up in the OM administration that does not understand their eventual fate. Stall, stall, stall, and ignore reality. Just a matter of time.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/583/267/e8a.gif

Martianlander
02-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Ole Miss would surely want the NCAA case to close before public depositions and such were to get started.

Didn't Freeze already get deposed for something? The Nkemdichie lawsuit? I don't recall. I just remember they asked a judge to seal the record, and I believe the judge did that.

Believe it was the Miller/Tunsill law suit. I don't think the judge has ruled yet as to whether it will be made public unless I missed it.

KB21
02-20-2017, 03:58 PM
http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/abandoned-stadium-palma-de-mallorca.jpg

The new Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

tireddawg
02-20-2017, 03:59 PM

The administration may want to keep Freeze, but this goes much deeper than them & eventually it won't be their decision. They may already have a replacement. He gone

maroonmania
02-20-2017, 04:08 PM
The administration may want to keep Freeze, but this goes much deeper than them & eventually it won't be their decision. They may already have a replacement. He gone

It would be a shock at this point if he isn't show caused anyway which would basically force them to fire him.

gtowndawg
02-20-2017, 04:12 PM
At what point does the SEC become so ashamed of Ole Miss they are kicked out? Seriously. If all this is true it's embarrassing we're in the same league. All it does is enforce what the country thinks about the SEC and tarnishes the SEC brand.

Thanks a lot Ole Miss!

DeviousDawg
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM

Getting word from sources that the OM administration has indeed found a replacement for Freeze. He perfectly fits the mold of what they look for in a coach, and has strong ties to the Memphis area. I'm hearing that the Tuohy's once again had a lot to do with this hire. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but these guys just reload. If anyone cares, I am hearing his name is Lee Smith. Not quite a Slam Dunk hire, but I am hearing that it is a strong lay up, with nice form.

http://i63.tinypic.com/r7mxzk.png

blacklistedbully
02-20-2017, 04:17 PM
There is no investigation.

lamont
02-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Elitedawg Conspiracy

LOL at C34

Technetium
02-20-2017, 04:21 PM
My thoughts are they will keep Freeze until official penalties are handed down. How else can they attract a coach as a replacement without knowing what kind of situation he will be dealing with. Would you step into a job for a program that, by rumor at least, stands a decent chance of being crippled for a decade *without* knowing first-hand what those penalties will be? I'd want to know just how far that ship had sunk before I decided to grab a bucket and start bailing out the water...

tireddawg
02-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Getting word from sources that the OM administration has indeed found a replacement for Freeze. He perfectly fits the mold of what they look for in a coach, and has strong ties to the Memphis area. I'm hearing that the Tuohy's once again had a lot to do with this hire. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but these guys just reload. If anyone cares, I am hearing his name is Lee Smith. Not quite a Slam Dunk hire, but I am hearing that it is a strong lay up, with nice form.

http://i63.tinypic.com/r7mxzk.png

You forgot these **, but don't be surprised if their replacement is already on staff. Just saying.

WSOPdawg
02-20-2017, 04:24 PM
At what point does the SEC become so ashamed of Ole Miss they are kicked out? Seriously. If all this is true it's embarrassing we're in the same league. All it does is enforce what the country thinks about the SEC and tarnishes the SEC brand.

Thanks a lot Ole Miss!

Yep, and if you're an alum, who can you not be (1) embarrassed, (2) pissed off, (3) felt lied to by your school's leaders, (4) feel tarnished nationally, etc?

sleepy dawg
02-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Well, I guess its about time to get a Scout subscription and pay this man back for all he's done.

blacklistedbully
02-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Elitedawg Conspiracy

LOL at C34

Just more SPEDs FAP. Those morons will believe anything that lying scumbag C34 and/or Rosebowl make up.***

99jc
02-20-2017, 04:31 PM
There is no investigation.

Ago. There is an investigation going on that if proven goes far more than lose of scholarships or show causes. We are now talking prison time and this is no joke. I think what may happen now goes far beyond the SMU scandal. As was said in the movie nation treasure "Somebody has to go to jail."

Bodaski
02-20-2017, 04:34 PM
I posted here over a year ago that the academic scandal opened up state funds to students that would've otherwise been ineligible. It's fraud and the tax payers of Mississippi picked up a portion of the bill. MTAG alone for each ineligible kid would be several thousand dollars.

This, if is found to be true, could include federal fraud through grants that were illegal due to grade changes.

tireddawg
02-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Ago. There is an investigation going on that if proven goes far more than lose of scholarships or show causes. We are now talking prison time and this is no joke. I think what may happen now goes far beyond the SMU scandal. As was said in the movie nation treasure "Somebody has to go to jail."

Yes..

BeastMan
02-20-2017, 04:37 PM
I do think there is a breaking point for Hugh. His ego and pride cause him to be very insecure. I think at a point, Freeze will turn on OM to protect his religious driven image. Think about it, if he goes down in a huge scandal, all those church appearances & the Freeze foundation is essentially done (at a minimum, it will be greatly reduced). I think Freeze cares more about that and his perceived character than Ole Miss.

Boodawg
02-20-2017, 04:43 PM
One reason they may not have fired him yet is he's probably told them that he wants his money(buyout), and if he doesn't get it, he will come clean about everything to NCAA. I'm just speculating though.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 04:45 PM

If this is the case, wouldn't this be an FBI investigation, rather than an NCAA?

Dolphus Raymond
02-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Who is Freeze's Judas? Grant Heard?

Boodawg
02-20-2017, 04:55 PM
If this is the case, wouldn't this be an FBI investigation, rather than an NCAA?

I would think both would be involved. NCAA on stuff in their realm, and FBI on anything criminal.

jumbo
02-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Who is Freeze's Judas? Grant Heard?

Barney

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2017, 05:01 PM
I was wondering when the FBI would get a good lead to get involved.

When you move as money as they were .....There is bound to be some type of bank fraud, racketeering... The network had all the characteristics of criminal organization. It was just a matter of finding the specified unlawful activity they can prove.

Jack Lambert
02-20-2017, 05:11 PM

It's about PR and getting him to step down. I think he will step down with a pocket full of money. He will say something like it's best for the University to not have the distractions at this time and to help them move on.

preachermatt83
02-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Well, I guess its about time to get a Scout subscription and pay this man back for all he's done.

Yup

Virgil Caine
02-20-2017, 05:55 PM
I was wondering when the FBI would get a good lead to get involved.

When you move as money as they were .....There is bound to be some type of bank fraud, racketeering... The network had all the characteristics of criminal organization. It was just a matter of finding the specified unlawful activity they can prove.

Don't forget that structuring cash deposits to get under 10K is also a crime! Might be able to pick a few off with that too.

Turfdawg67
02-20-2017, 06:17 PM
That Network shit ain't so funny now to a lot of Red and Blue

When all this is brought to light, we should all tweet non-fan McReady '#Network'. He was the biggest one trying to make that a joke and used to put that in most of the tweets concerning the investigation. Ha! 17'n karma Neal.

gtowndawg
02-20-2017, 06:18 PM

Completely agree. I'll do the same. He's earned it.

Turfdawg67
02-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Yep, and if you're an alum, who can you not be (1) embarrassed, (2) pissed off, (3) felt lied to by your school's leaders, (4) feel tarnished nationally, etc?

(5) And wondering... all this and we didn't even get to Atlanta!?!

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2017, 06:32 PM
(5) And wondering... all this and we didn't even get to Atlanta!?!

Well, Robert made it to Atlanta, but he promptly pulled a Peter Pan out the motel window.

IMissJack
02-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Thanks Dan Mullen, you beating the Rebs 3 years in a row and getting in their heads caused all this...

msujan
02-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Not to mention getting federal funds as grants due to low income upon admission.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2017, 06:47 PM
It would be a shock at this point if he isn't show caused anyway which would basically force them to fire him.

Him getting a show-cause doesnt necessarily mean they have to fire him.

lamont
02-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Him getting a show-cause doesnt necessarily mean they have to fire him.

yes they do. He cant be the head coach with a 5-10 year show cause. Freeze is done forever in college football when all this comes out.

lamont
02-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Hell, if it was only a 1 year show cause- he would have to leave town every time a recruit came to campus. Keeping him would mean they couldnt have a recruit on campus for an entire year

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2017, 06:52 PM
After this is all said and done, I think Steve's nickname(Rosebowl) should be reconsidered. I think he has earned another one.

Mjoelner34
02-20-2017, 06:59 PM
After this is all said and done, I think Steve's nickname(Rosebowl) should be reconsidered. I think he has earned another one.

I would agree but I think he has embraced it like we have Starkvegas. He's even selling 'Rosebowl was right' t-shirts.

WSOPdawg
02-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Not to mention getting federal funds as grants due to low income upon admission.

If this is proven (and I have no doubt it has happened because after all, it is free money), consideration from SEC removal just took a big step forward because they've got leadership that's gone from athletic cheating to assisting with criminal activity of the federal variety.

dawgoneyall
02-20-2017, 07:09 PM
http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/abandoned-stadium-palma-de-mallorca.jpg

The new Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

I laughed.

Dawgface
02-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Completely agree. I'll do the same. He's earned it.

Same here.

IMissJack
02-20-2017, 07:14 PM

Steve "Lone Ranger" Robertson?

RougeDawg
02-20-2017, 07:15 PM

Check your PM's.

CadaverDawg
02-20-2017, 07:18 PM

For Ole Miss fans it should be "Dad"

Mjoelner34
02-20-2017, 07:25 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2017, 07:29 PM

Burn.

Spiderman
02-20-2017, 07:34 PM

This is what I don't get.

If they have a letter and it's "catastrophic" how is Hugh not fired? What do they gain by not firing him now if they know it's so bad? If they think they will have to later, why not now, not only to hope it lessens the penalties, but also to have a coach take over before spring ball.

This is what concerns me, if all being said here is to be believed, how is Hugh still employed?

msstate7
02-20-2017, 07:45 PM

If they have a letter and it's "catastrophic" how is Hugh not fired? What do they gain by not firing him now if they know it's so bad? If they think they will have to later, why not now, not only to hope it lessens the penalties, but also to have a coach take over before spring ball.

This is what concerns me, if all being said here is to be believed, how is Hugh still employed?

Doesn't seem logical to me either. Of course, they have downplayed the investigation the whole time. If they fire him now, they have to fess up they have a new NOA and it's nuclear. If they fire him, the press will be demanding the NOA... maybe OM just wants to delay the inevitable. Who knows what they think?

Turfdawg67
02-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Well, Spiderbear, they are probably trying to find a replacement before they fire the Rev. Then let him step down gracefully... with his buyout and his mouth shut.

lamont
02-20-2017, 08:08 PM

Because nobody is going to take that job before finding out the penalties. They are going to get firebombed- what does holding on to Freeze a little longer matter?

Dawgowar
02-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Okay - chew on this. IF, IF this shit show at the Harvard of the Douchebags is proven to involve government corruption then things could get worse beyond state legal charges. Not sure the Feds would get in a low hover over this stuff if the state takes action. They may nail some individuals or levy financial penalties but there is no precedent for them sticking their noses in.

UNM has something bigger to worry about and frankly so does the state of Mississippi's Department of Education -

The accreditation of UNM could be on the chopping block. Depends what evidence says, but if the government is found to have officials undermining the university's primary function for athletics - ouch. This is going to leave a mark.

How would you like to have a kid in Oxford, two semesters from finishing a degree, find out his college is no longer accredited or has it's accreditation on probation? Auburn got warned about something Lowder and company were doing that was pretty tame by War Cheating Eagle standards. No, not saying they could get closed but their reputation as an academic institution could be placed in the same category as those online universities. Just depends what proves to be true and not aledged. Interesting times.

BayouDawg
02-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Spider you're expecting irrational people to make rational decisions.

lamont
02-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Its become obvious that OM didnt believe that the NCAA was going to find these types of allegations. They thought they were above all this. They, along with their legal team, are developing the best plan they can think of to fight all this. The amended NOA had to be an eye-opener for them. You yourself have stated that their sole mission was to protect Freeze and they were All-In on it- what do they do now that that policy has no chance of surviving? Do you act quickly or do you spend time crafting a strategy for the best way out?

RocketDawg
02-20-2017, 08:21 PM
I would agree but I think he has embraced it like we have Starkvegas. He's even selling 'Rosebowl was right' t-shirts.

Well ... maybe some of us. I think it's pretty much an atrocity.

Dawgowar
02-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Its become obvious that OM didnt believe that the NCAA was going to find these types of allegations. They thought they were above all this. They, along with their legal team, are developing the best plan they can think of to fight all this. The amended NOA had to be an eye-opener for them. You yourself have stated that their sole mission was to protect Freeze and they were All-In on it- what do they do now that that policy has no chance of surviving? Do you act quickly or do you spend time crafting a strategy for the best way out?

I kept thinking somebody at the top of the University could intervene, whether for show or actually action notwithstanding, and clean house on their athletic department. That might have kept this from exceeding USC level sanctions. No way that can happen now. The only strategy they can debate is how they justify their lies to a soon angry alum/fan base/state of Mississippi.

BrunswickDawg
02-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Wasn't there some smoke early on in this investigation about some funds via pell grants or student loans funneling from the Track team to the football players??? Maybe someone rolled on that scam too?

Spiderman
02-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Aw Horse Cum, the FBI is too busy trying to find the Tunsil "Leaker"

RocketDawg
02-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Good question. He's costing them around $13,700 per calendar day in salary alone. That's about what it costs for one in-state student to attend school for a year.

TrapGame
02-20-2017, 08:27 PM
Wasn't there some smoke early on in this investigation about some funds via pell grants or student loans funneling from the Track team to the football players??? Maybe someone rolled on that scam too?

Yep, I remember that. If true they are royally screwed.

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 08:29 PM

It all comes full circle. They were telling us all along like the Sixth Sense it's WBB and Track.

Spiderman
02-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Well, Spiderbear, they are probably trying to find a replacement before they fire the Rev. Then let him step down gracefully... with his buyout and his mouth shut.

Ain't nobody gonna take that job not knowing what's coming.

TrapGame
02-20-2017, 08:45 PM
It all comes full circle. They were telling us all along like the Sixth Sense it's WBB and Track.

And just like Bruce Willis, Hugh Freeze doesn't know he's dead.

WSOPdawg
02-20-2017, 08:50 PM
I kept thinking somebody at the top of the University could intervene, whether for show or actually action notwithstanding, and clean house on their athletic department. That might have kept this from exceeding USC level sanctions. No way that can happen now. The only strategy they can debate is how they justify their lies to a soon angry alum/fan base/state of Mississippi.

This kind of gets back to Devious' post about Musgrove (in the Huffington Post) defending Dan Jones. When the Network officially took over and had Jones ousted, that arguably removed the largest obstacle in the path of the Network. You reap what you sow, and the time to pay the piper is fast approaching.

DancingRabbit
02-20-2017, 08:56 PM

Makes you wonder if Dan Jones was runnoft for not toting water for the right parties.

ETA - It was 23 months ago when he was pushed out.

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 08:59 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/DvtsYOKrqPZg4/giphy.gif

And a death penalty

WSOPdawg
02-20-2017, 09:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/DvtsYOKrqPZg4/giphy.gif

And a death penalty

Now this ^^^^ is something I can support!!!

Dawgowar
02-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Makes you wonder if Dan Jones was runnoft for not toting water for the right parties.

ETA - It was 23 months ago when he was pushed out.

Stupid ass plantation southern arrogance. Must be in their DNA. Oxford is Tokyo and the Second NOA is Godzilla poking his head up in the bay. About to be some serious lizard action stomping their asses.

Negative Waves
02-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Freeze is probably going to be forced to resign "fired" the day the response to the second NOA is released. They'll try to lump all the bad news on one day. If they fire him now, they'll have to go through two bouts of bad publicity, and with the bears, public image is the most important.

DancingRabbit
02-20-2017, 09:10 PM
"I would have gotten away with it too, if not for that meddling Rosebowl"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5JX3caWcAEsgGQ.jpg

(stolen from twitter)

Dolphus Raymond
02-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 l, but they should have run him off after the Egg Bowl. At least they would have had some cover.
On another note, I wonder how many Ole Miss fans come here to get their news about the investigation? Click..... No, too easy.

Dawgpile
02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Stupid ass plantation southern arrogance. Must be in their DNA. Oxford is Tokyo and the Second NOA is Godzilla poking his head up in the bay. About to be some serious lizard action stomping their asses.

Weird analogy, but I like it.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
"I would have gotten away with it too, if not for that meddling Rosebowl"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5JX3caWcAEsgGQ.jpg

(stolen from twitter)

Check out the thread titled Hugh Freeze say. I believe you'll recognize where this started.

RocketDawg
02-20-2017, 09:17 PM
Check out the thread titled Hugh Freeze say. I believe you'll recognize where this started.

It came full circle in record time. http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53399-Hugh-Freeze-say

DancingRabbit
02-20-2017, 09:22 PM

Ha. Yeah, just saw that. Missed it by that much.

Turfdawg67
02-20-2017, 09:37 PM

You are in the minority.

Natedogg33
02-20-2017, 10:06 PM
I think the only reason they haven't let Freeze go at this point is their own greed. They are trying to get the previous classes of players stuck through spring training and into the summer before they find out how bad it is. Thus sticking those kids with hard decisions to make and fewer options at that time. Basically trying to get more bang for their buck. They lied when they signed, and I'm sure they've tried pushing some us vs the world agenda.
Freeze was a hired puppet, with that "gollee bill" persona to try to pass off the Network's agenda. He was a dead man walking when he was hired.

TrapGame
02-20-2017, 10:19 PM
I think the only reason they haven't let Freeze go at this point is their own greed. They are trying to get the previous classes of players stuck through spring training and into the summer before they find out how bad it is. Thus sticking those kids with hard decisions to make and fewer options at that time. Basically trying to get more bang for their buck. They lied when they signed, and I'm sure they've tried pushing some us vs the world agenda.
Freeze was a hired puppet, with that "gollee bill" persona to try to pass off the Network's agenda. He was a dead man walking when he was hired.

I think the backup plan was to try and stockpile as many 4 and 5 star players they could for as many recruiting cycles they could. They were trying to outlast the sanctions and still have some talent. That's a fart in the wind now. That football program is about to be nuked from orbit. They will be lucky to be relevant in college FB 20 years from now.

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 10:38 PM
If there are fraud charges against OM or people surrounding their program that would likely provide depositions and more cover for the NCAA to go ahead and fully nuke their program. I hope the SEC votes to kick them out as well.

Dawgowar
02-20-2017, 10:47 PM
I think the backup plan was to try and stockpile as many 4 and 5 star players they could for as many recruiting cycles they could. They were trying to outlast the sanctions and still have some talent. That's a fart in the wind now. That football program is about to be nuked from orbit. They will be lucky to be relevant in college FB 20 years from now.

They are about to become the University of Kansas - football program. If there are legal avenues to be dealt with, those will evolve after the sanctions are announced. The effect of that process on top of the sanctions will stretch their being viewed as dirty even longer. Hard to recover in the SEC when every decent recruit sees you as a risk.

Todd4State
02-21-2017, 02:12 AM
Why are some people surprised that they haven't fired Freeze yet? The penalties haven't come down yet and their whole mantra right now is it's not going to be that bad. It's hard to sell that to recruits when you fire the coach before the sanctions are announced.

On top of that if the timeline for this is correct and I have no reason to believe it isn't I fully expect Ole Miss to appeal the sanctions once they are handed down in August. I imagine that process would get him through this season albeit with a huge cloud over their head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that- I'm not a NCAA expert.

Plus who is going to take that job if they fire Freeze now with the penalties an unknown? Besides Bobby Hall?

Indndawg
02-21-2017, 06:38 AM
Why are some people surprised that they haven't fired Freeze yet? The penalties haven't come down yet and their whole mantra right now is it's not going to be that bad. It's hard to sell that to recruits when you fire the coach before the sanctions are announced.

On top of that if the timeline for this is correct and I have no reason to believe it isn't I fully expect Ole Miss to appeal the sanctions once they are handed down in August. I imagine that process would get him through this season albeit with a huge cloud over their head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that- I'm not a NCAA expert.

Plus who is going to take that job if they fire Freeze now with the penalties an unknown? Besides Bobby Hall?

for the Mississippi job

Indndawg
02-21-2017, 06:40 AM
I think they just want to finish the academic/athletic years and the hurricane hits this summer.

They think bad news will hurt BB attendance and its about all they got now. Also, they want to get as many butts in seats at the gay-ass Grove Bowl..collect their $$$

Dawgbite
02-21-2017, 07:04 AM
for the Mississippi job

While I agree 100% about Bobby, Will was nothing like his daddy. He may have changed but Will used to be the total opposite of him.

louisvilledawg
02-21-2017, 09:14 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bravo.gif

Dawgology
02-21-2017, 09:18 AM

To the rescuuuuuueeeee!!!!

lastmajordog
02-21-2017, 09:21 AM

I have thought this all along....along with changing “dogs” to “dawgs”....

beretta
02-21-2017, 10:12 AM
You are in the minority.

I think its an atrocity as well.....along with the 'woo damn right'....

TheDawgBiscuit
02-21-2017, 05:25 PM
It?s a classic tale of money and greed and corruption, and the firing of Dr. Daniel W. Jones was only the first act"
[/I][/INDENT]

Me thinks Musgrove knows something... anyone notice how weird it is that a article titled "Something Rotten in Oxford(Mississippi)" has a headline photo with Musgrove and Keenum standing behind a Mississippi State backdrop?

http://i63.tinypic.com/1582xz6.png

Thats Dan Jones with Keenum not Musgrove.

Political Hack
02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Ain't nobody gonna take that job not knowing what's coming.

You realize you just answered your own question.

WSOPdawg
02-21-2017, 06:48 PM
They are about to become the University of Kansas - football program. If there are legal avenues to be dealt with, those will evolve after the sanctions are announced. The effect of that process on top of the sanctions will stretch their being viewed as dirty even longer. Hard to recover in the SEC when every decent recruit sees you as a risk.

I can see this happening big time.

RocketDawg
02-21-2017, 07:28 PM
I have thought this all along....along with changing “dogs” to “dawgs”....

Yeah, I agree with that too. It's just too much trouble to change it after all this time.

Reunion Dog
02-21-2017, 11:36 PM
just remember the man who was one of 1st Pioneer's of the Internet (Netscape) and has an educational fund named after him based in Oxford... and also remember when They got rid of the old Chancellor... the Head of Institution of Higher Learning... up and quit... and went to Nebraska.... and all the issues @ UMC..... Lots of other things involved in this case..