PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
02-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Huge game tomorrow... not only our rival, but I feel like this win will ensure us a winning season (I'm counting lsu as a win). A winning season may not seem like that big of a deal, but it is to me after 4 straight losing seasons. I plan on being there tomorrow and hope as many of you that can make it will too

Shooter McGavin
02-20-2017, 10:24 AM
It definitely is yuuuuge. We need a win in the worst way.

BayouDawg
02-20-2017, 10:37 AM
I really hope it's not the case but this season reeks of locker room drama. I'm really afraid we could see a few transfers this off season.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-20-2017, 10:41 AM
I really hope it's not the case but this season reeks of locker room drama. I'm really afraid we could see a few transfers this off season.

Someone will have to get processed just for the incoming Signees....

smootness
02-20-2017, 11:02 AM

Why do you say that?

BayouDawg
02-20-2017, 11:08 AM
Why do you say that?

I don't know. It's just a vibe I've gotten. I'm probably just scarred by Stans last few years makin me read too much into things

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-20-2017, 11:30 AM
I usually sit behind the bench mid-ways up & I haven't gotten that feeling all year. I could see some of Q & Lamar's faces they make when somebody drops a pass or throws it out of bounds giving someone that idea. But I think stuff like that is just frustration. I haven't seen anything in press conferences or on social media that hints at locker room issues.

In fact when we were winning at the beginning of conference play a coaching friend of Howland's complimented us for "playing for each other". I don't think that's changed I just think we haven't learned how to finish games yet & it's cost us against good teams. I see the frustration at the end of games as a positive sign that the guys are still buying in & figuring out the dynamics of who needs take control & who needs to wait for an open look.

smootness
02-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Yeah, the visible frustration can actually be a good sign, that our guys care and want to win. Sometimes when there are internal issues, the opposite happens. There very well may be chemistry issues, but I haven't seen anything that makes me concerned about that. Just a young team still figuring things out.

Doggie_Style
02-20-2017, 11:39 AM
" I just think we haven't learned how to finish games yet".......we really have learn how to 'start' games either, this team often doesn't look ready to play.

BayouDawg
02-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Yeah, the visible frustration can actually be a good sign, that our guys care and want to win. Sometimes when there are internal issues, the opposite happens. There very well may be chemistry issues, but I haven't seen anything that makes me concerned about that. Just a young team still figuring things out.

I like your way of thinking better

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-20-2017, 12:20 PM
" I just think we haven't learned how to finish games yet".......we really have learn how to 'start' games either, this team often doesn't look ready to play.

true that's been a problem all year but other than the OM game we've finished strongly & put ourselves in position to win. In the Florida game saturday we started well & controlled the 1st half but couldn't finish. You're right that it's not just finishing, but we've showed that we can do both, just not in the same game.

The problem that sticks out to me is we can't put it all together for one game yet. Much like this years football team we haven't been able to put two halves together. When defense & rebounds are there, 3 balls don't fall. When defense & FG % are there, we have 20 turnovers. When Carter & kegler go off, Q & Lamar disappear.

before the year ends I think we'll see a game where we put it all together, & will be something we can build on all summer. If we don't, then I will worry this offseason, but everything is on schedule as far as I'm concerned. I hope it starts tomorrow night & we run OM out of the Hump.

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 12:41 PM
I really think the reason we aren't having a better season stems from missing on signing a good 4 and Ado not getting eligible. I think our defense alone would be greatly improved with Ado's shot-blocking ability roaming the court. I'd say it's roughly cost us 5 wins so we'd be sitting 19-7 instead of 14-12 right now.

Reason2succeed
02-20-2017, 12:52 PM
I really think the reason we aren't having a better season stems from missing on signing a good 4 and Ado not getting eligible. I think our defense alone would be greatly improved with Ado's shot-blocking ability roaming the court. I'd say it's roughly cost us 5 wins so we'd be sitting 19-7 instead of 14-12 right now.

Other than Harrard we lack a dominant inside presence to threatens any teams. When we get that it's a wrap.

ScottH
02-20-2017, 12:56 PM

I can add credibility to you analysis.

Per an assistant at lunch two weeks ago (I won't name him because I didn't ask permission although I doubt he would care. Howland might though.) Ado would end up being the difference in 4-5 wins this year. He did not name specific games.

smootness
02-20-2017, 01:11 PM

One player (especially a freshman on the outside of the top 100) being worth 5 wins seems like a bit of an exaggeration. This team has been hurt most by being really young. But yes, adding Ado, along with Brooks and Nick W, will be a big benefit next year. Everybody getting a year older and more experienced will be a huge benefit.

MarketingBully
02-20-2017, 01:13 PM
It's been a number of issues but 80% of our problems are youth and inexperience. I do agree that if we had Ado we would have 4-5 more wins. I would also say that if Ready doesn't get hurt we win at least 3 more games. We beat Florida Saturday if we just make half of our open shots. We shore up our weaknesses next year by who we have coming in. It still baffles my mind how a 4.0 student gets denied by the NCAA and that changes our fortunes dramatically.

MarketingBully
02-20-2017, 01:14 PM
One player (especially a freshman on the outside of the top 100) being worth 5 wins seems like a bit of an exaggeration. This team has been hurt most by being really young. But yes, adding Ado, along with Brooks and Nick W, will be a big benefit next year. Everybody getting a year older and more experienced will be a huge benefit.

It isn't an exaggeration when you realize just how raw Herard is right now and he is our only post presence.

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 01:16 PM

If you think in terms of our defense giving up 6+ less points a game it's not an exaggeration at all. His shot-blocking ability imo does exactly that maybe more. We give up less points in the paint and we foul less just by adding him oh and we rebound better. 3 of our biggest weaknesses get big boosts.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Man, I hope ado lives up to half the hype he's getting

MarketingBully
02-20-2017, 01:36 PM

He dominates our team in practice. He is twice the player Herard is at the moment.

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 01:42 PM

Confused by your comment. You know he's a great defensive player so what hype does he need to live up to? Being a great defensive player. Nobody has said Ado is going to be a stud on offense. Defensive talent rarely has an off-night on defense.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Confused by your comment. You know he's a great defensive player so what hype does he need to live up to? Being a great defensive player. Nobody has said Ado is going to be a stud on offense. Defensive talent rarely has an off-night on defense.
He's the difference between 5-6 more wins...
Twice the player herard is...

There's been a lot of hype in other threads. I really hope he's as good as advertised.

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 01:52 PM
He's the difference between 5-6 more wins....

6 less points a game given up equals 5 more wins. I think it's fairly safe to assume Ado makes our defense 3 less buckets a game better.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2017, 01:55 PM
I don't know. It's just a vibe I've gotten. I'm probably just scarred by Stans last few years makin me read too much into things

You should have just chalked that "vibe" up to gas and kept it to yourself unless you have proof.

MCsMGs
02-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Herard's improvement as soon as Ado started practicing with the team might be the best testament to how good a player Ado is. Had Herard not been encumbered by that mask, he likely would have improved even more...

Also, no big secret that many people close to the team have talked about Ado's strengths, including Howland. I don' think 4+ additional wins is that big of a stretch at all.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 02:10 PM
6 less points a game given up equals 5 more wins. I think it's fairly safe to assume Ado makes our defense 3 less buckets a game better.

To play him, you'd have to sit one of...

Holman, herard, Stapleton, and kegler... they total 30.9 ppg, so I'm not sure it's as simple as just taking opposing teams' points off the board

BayouDawg
02-20-2017, 02:33 PM
You should have just chalked that "vibe" up to gas and kept it to yourself unless you have proof.

lol you're probably right. Nothin a little pepto or a nice bm can't fix

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-20-2017, 03:32 PM
lol you're probably right. Nothin a little pepto or a nice bm can't fix

can't beat a good bacon mayonnaise sandwich

tcdog70
02-20-2017, 04:11 PM
If you think in terms of our defense giving up 6+ less points a game it's not an exaggeration at all. His shot-blocking ability imo does exactly that maybe more. We give up less points in the paint and we foul less just by adding him oh and we rebound better. 3 of our biggest weaknesses get big boosts.

Ado is a freshman, but our oldest Big man is just a Soph. So being way better than them isn't a stretch. Plus that would give us 5 more fouls to play with. I would hope he has better hands than Herard . Herard fumbles at least two passes a game out of bounds. Our guards really don't have faith in our Bigs catching their passes. everyone says damn, Q and Peters have too many turn-overs. If our Bigs could catch, then they would not have as many.

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 04:38 PM
To play him, you'd have to sit one of...

Holman, herard, Stapleton, and kegler... they total 30.9 ppg, so I'm not sure it's as simple as just taking opposing teams' points off the board

It's not like Ado is shooting those shots that those 4 would take while he isn't in the game. A better shooter than he or them will be. Would you rather have Holman shooting or Peters/Spoon/Carter? How many points do those 4 give up a game? Our defense has been atrocious this year along with our foul troubles. Ado makes us way better in both those categories immediately.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 04:43 PM
It's not like Ado is shooting those shots that those 4 would take while he isn't in the game. A better shooter than he or them will be. Would you rather have Holman shooting or Peters/Spoon/Carter? How many points do those 4 give up a game? Our defense has been atrocious this year along with our foul troubles. Ado makes us way better in both those categories immediately.

I'm not down on ado... hell, I haven't even seen him. It just seems there's a lot of talk that's he's the savior of Miss state basketball and I'm just cautious to get my hopes up that high on him

Dawg61
02-20-2017, 04:50 PM
I'm not down on ado... hell, I haven't even seen him. It just seems there's a lot of talk that's he's the savior of Miss state basketball and I'm just cautious to get my hopes up that high on him

Think of Ado like ranch dressing. Ranch by itself is good but nothing to plan your day on eating. Add Ranch to fried cheese logs though and you'll be dreaming about eating them the night before you do. Ranch makes our defense and team so much better.

smootness
02-20-2017, 05:56 PM

That's a bigger number than you're suggesting, though. I can't quickly find team defensive PPG numbers, but the #2 offense in the SEC is less than 12 points better than the offense in dead last. 6 ppg is a pretty big difference, I just don't think you can easily say Ado would clearly make us 6 ppg better on defense.

Believe me, I hope it's true, but he would have to be an absolutely elite post defender and shot blocker to make that kind of difference.

drunkernhelldawg
02-20-2017, 06:25 PM
I give the players and coaches a lot of credit. They're playing hard. Make a few more shots and our record is better. Still not convinced that we'll ever exceed what we had before, but at least we're out there playing the game again. As far as the crowds go, that's a league wide problem. Hope it improves too.

MarketingBully
02-20-2017, 06:43 PM

Ado by himself wouldn't be a savior IMO but add him to Brooks, Weatherspoon, and Faezel next year and we will definitely improve immensely where we had holes this year. I expect about a 10 win jump when you consider the bulk of our team will make the freshman to sophomore improvement leap and Stapleton will be 100% healthy. Another thing ppl don't mention is just how banged up we are on top of being young. Q has been playing through not only a wrist injury but a leg injury as well. Peters is finally getting healthy and Ready is finally getting there as well. If we can win 3 of 4 down the stretch and one in the SEC tournament, I'll be happy with those results. That will be an 18-14 record and I can live with that. Also, Msstate7, Howland was asked about the NC State job today and he gave the best answer. "I didn't go through a rebuild just to go and rebuild again. This is my last stop." I think he is staying here until he retires.

msstate7
02-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Ado by himself wouldn't be a savior IMO but add him to Brooks, Weatherspoon, and Faezel next year and we will definitely improve immensely where we had holes this year. I expect about a 10 win jump when you consider the bulk of our team will make the freshman to sophomore improvement leap and Stapleton will be 100% healthy. Another thing ppl don't mention is just how banged up we are on top of being young. Q has been playing through not only a wrist injury but a leg injury as well. Peters is finally getting healthy and Ready is finally getting there as well. If we can win 3 of 4 down the stretch and one in the SEC tournament, I'll be happy with those results. That will be an 18-14 record and I can live with that. Also, Msstate7, Howland was asked about the NC State job today and he gave the best answer. "I didn't go through a rebuild just to go and rebuild again. This is my last stop." I think he is staying here until he retires.

That howland statement is great. I actually believe him too, which I usually don't when it comes to coach job statements

RougeDawg
02-20-2017, 07:30 PM
In comparison, look at Georgia. They have lost at least a handful of games this year to ranked opponents by small Margins. They probably won't make the tournament but are probably one of the top 64 teams in the nation. They could easily be ranked in top 25 but are 6-8 in sec. the ball hasn't bounced their way, similar to the breaks we have gotten. We haven't really played a complete game in weeks. The Tennessee win was not a complete game but we won. Hopefully they learn and we do not lose any key pieces for next year. We are close to competing for the SEC title.

drunkernhelldawg
02-20-2017, 07:48 PM
In comparison, look at Georgia. They have lost at least a handful of games this year to ranked opponents by small Margins. They probably won't make the tournament but are probably one of the top 64 teams in the nation. They could easily be ranked in top 25 but are 6-8 in sec. the ball hasn't bounced their way, similar to the breaks we have gotten. We haven't really played a complete game in weeks. The Tennessee win was not a complete game but we won. Hopefully they learn and we do not lose any key pieces for next year. We are close to competing for the SEC title.

We already just about have the talent. Just got to be a little tougher, a little more clutch.

tcdog70
02-21-2017, 12:03 PM
I still am amused that ED is hoping we can get to 18 wins but When Stans was winning 20-22 games a year ED was pissed. Now people would cream in their jeans if we could get to the NIT. You don't miss your water till your well runs dry.

msstate7
02-21-2017, 12:31 PM
I still am amused that ED is hoping we can get to 18 wins but When Stans was winning 20-22 games a year ED was pissed. Now people would cream in their jeans if we could get to the NIT. You don't miss your water till your well runs dry.

I will be very upset if we don't make the NCAA next season. Sorry, but howland > stansbury... he just is

drunkernhelldawg
02-21-2017, 12:53 PM
I will be very upset if we don't make the NCAA next season. Sorry, but howland > stansbury... he just is

Howland is a great coach but I don't see how you get there at this point. Stansbury's record with us is stunningly good. Total domination of Ole Miss. Total domination of every team from the Mid South for multiple seasons. Stansbury's record is the best we've got so far.

smootness
02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Howland is a great coach but I don't see how you get there at this point. Stansbury's record with us is stunningly good. Total domination of Ole Miss. Total domination of every team from the Mid South for multiple seasons. Stansbury's record is the best we've got so far.

You don't see how we get where? The NCAA Tournament?

This team will get WAY better by next year.

confucius say
02-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Oh a stans debate. This should end well.
If howland misses 4 out of 5 tourneys after establishing the program and his players are fighting on tv he will be run off too.

Dawg61
02-21-2017, 02:40 PM

Stans got 14 years. Had he made the Sweet Sixteen just once in those 14 years he'd probably still be our coach. We want more than shitty SEC West banners with 9-7 SEC records. Sorry but that's not enough after 14 ****ing years. Richard Williams got us to the Final Four. Thats what we want. Not shit West banners, crappy OOC schedules and 35 players quitting or transferring or getting kicked off in the last 8 years.

drunkernhelldawg
02-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Oh a stans debate. This should end well.
If howland misses 4 out of 5 tourneys after establishing the program and his players are fighting on tv he will be run off too.

I'm very supportive of Howland. Absolutely love him. But saying that he's already better than Stans is throwing away one of the best coaching records in our history. Howland may prove to be better than Stans. Sure hope so. But he ain't there, or even close to there, yet.

For you to be madly focused on the Hawaii fight between two college athletes shows that your standards are agenda based. In that case we chose to make a big deal out of something that just wasn't. National tv is a non factor. Everything's on that bitch these days, in case you haven't noticed.

smootness
02-21-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm very supportive of Howland. Absolutely love him. But saying that he's already better than Stans is throwing away one of the best coaching records in our history. Howland may prove to be better than Stans. Sure hope so. But he ain't there, or even close to there, yet.

For you to be madly focused on the Hawaii fight between two college athletes shows that your standards are agenda based. In that case we chose to make a big deal out of something that just wasn't. National tv is a non factor. Everything's on that bitch these days, in case you haven't noticed.

Uh, Howland is a better coach than Stansbury. I'm not sure how that can even be debated. Howland has proven far more than Stans.

Of course Howland hasn't achieved more at State than Stans because he's been here 2 years. But saying he's not better than Stans is an insane position.

MCsMGs
02-21-2017, 03:33 PM

The record book will show that Howland has already proven he is better than Stans...

MCsMGs
02-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Uh, Howland is a better coach than Stansbury. I'm not sure how that can even be debated. Howland has proven far more than Stans.

Of course Howland hasn't achieved more at State than Stans because he's been here 2 years. But saying he's not better than Stans is an insane position.

Didn't mean to be redundant of your post...I started my reply and got distracted, came back and posted only to see that you had made the point.

tcdog70
02-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Stans got 14 years. Had he made the Sweet Sixteen just once in those 14 years he'd probably still be our coach. We want more than shitty SEC West banners with 9-7 SEC records. Sorry but that's not enough after 14 ****ing years. Richard Williams got us to the Final Four. Thats what we want. Not shit West banners, crappy OOC schedules and 35 players quitting or transferring or getting kicked off in the last 8 years.

Shit in 1 hand and want in the other and see what fills up fastest. Who doesn't want that. Hell I want Unicorns and rainbows. The fact is nobody has come close to Stans in the last 8 years. Howland IMHO will get it done. But so far He hasn't. Everyone loves His talent, but Peters and Q are the only ones that I think are All-SEC talent today. Stans last team had Dee-Hood and Moultrie, they were pretty good. Also, so far Stansbury's teams played way better defense than Howland's, maybe it is the Youth?? The fact that Howland refuses to play any zone is a head scratcher. Howland has no premier defender, Stansbury always a defender that could clamp down on the other teams best man. I am all for Ben, but a good Coach finds a way to win games that come down to the wire, so far he ain't hitting on shit. Being worse at the end of the season than at the first doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

tcdog70
02-21-2017, 04:08 PM

based on what he has accomplished at MSU? I think he is a top 5 Coach, but He hasn't done it yet at the 1 School I care about. When he gets to the won -loss record Stans had the year we fired Him then I might see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ben just win twenty and break even in the SEC and I will feel better. Also show Me we can defend my grandmother. Also an inbound play would be nice, I'm sure a top 5 Coach has one. He is just saving it.

tcdog70
02-21-2017, 04:27 PM

two things .
1. Stans beat Howland in Cally
2. Stans whipped Ole Miss like a rented Mule, never did He get Beat like at Oxford.
so to say it is an insane position is, well, insane.

MCsMGs
02-21-2017, 04:42 PM
two things .
2. Stans whipped Ole Miss like a rented Mule, never did He get Beat like at Oxford.

Picking a small sampling of games like that to evaluate two coaches careers isn't insane, it's stupid!

tcdog70
02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Picking a small sampling of games like that to evaluate two coaches careers isn't insane, it's stupid!

so head to head competition and records against your in-state rival are stupid? Hmmm. thanks for the info. I just said I think Howland is a top five Coach. But when comparing the two at MSU, Stans looks better. i also stated that I think Ben will get Us to where we need to be. Saying Howland is better that Stans is a good argument but the opposite is not Insane. At this point in History Stans is the best Coach in History since Babe. I hope Ben gets to the point He is the best ever, He ain't there Yet.

Dawg61
02-21-2017, 08:34 PM
It's not a fair comparison right now. Howland is following a dumpster fire on top of a dumpster fire. Stansbury followed a final four coach that got his dick wet. Williams didn't leave him a disaster's disaster to clean up. Also the defensive rules are dramatically different right now then at any point of Stansbury's career. If Howland was allowed to play defense like when he was at Pitt/UCLA you'd see us playing much better on the defensive side.

Political Hack
02-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Howland recruits as well as Stans, but he knows how to build his roster better than Stans IMO. He's a much, much better floor coach offensively. Stans, so far, was better defensively but that's to be expected with a young team like ours.

tcdog70
02-22-2017, 11:11 AM
It's not a fair comparison right now. Howland is following a dumpster fire on top of a dumpster fire. Stansbury followed a final four coach that got his dick wet. Williams didn't leave him a disaster's disaster to clean up. Also the defensive rules are dramatically different right now then at any point of Stansbury's career. If Howland was allowed to play defense like when he was at Pitt/UCLA you'd see us playing much better on the defensive side.

if Stans had Westbrook and Love maybe He goes to the final 4. If and Butts were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas we would have. Once again last night we blow it at the end. Twenty two turnovers and folks are loving Ready, His man has a career night. When you can never finish a game part of that is on the Coach. Stans was a big reason Richard took us to the final 4. But Williams went to shit after that year.Howland gets to play the same defense every other Coach plays, guess what the Rebs ran a trapping 1-3-1, and it worked, But we stick to a Man defense and couldn't stop a freshman who averages 5 points a game--he lights our ass up for 24. You said it--Ben Can't run His old defense--so quit trying to. Adapt, that is what the winners are doing. Teach our post man to catch the ****ing ball or quit throwing it to him. I'll take a 3 point shot rather than a turnover.

tcdog70
02-22-2017, 11:12 AM
Howland recruits as well as Stans, but he knows how to build his roster better than Stans IMO. He's a much, much better floor coach offensively. Stans, so far, was better defensively but that's to be expected with a young team like ours.

i can agree with that. But anyone can see that our defense has to improve alot.

Dawg61
02-22-2017, 11:43 AM
if Stans had Westbrook and Love maybe He goes to the final 4. If and Butts were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas we would have. Once again last night we blow it at the end. Twenty two turnovers and folks are loving Ready, His man has a career night. When you can never finish a game part of that is on the Coach. Stans was a big reason Richard took us to the final 4. But Williams went to shit after that year.Howland gets to play the same defense every other Coach plays, guess what the Rebs ran a trapping 1-3-1, and it worked, But we stick to a Man defense and couldn't stop a freshman who averages 5 points a game--he lights our ass up for 24. You said it--Ben Can't run His old defense--so quit trying to. Adapt, that is what the winners are doing. Teach our post man to catch the ****ing ball or quit throwing it to him. I'll take a 3 point shot rather than a turnover.

How many Walter Sharpe's, Romero Osby's, Ben Hansbrough's, Renardo Sidney's, Delk twins, Gary Ervin's and on and on and on and on was it going to take before you realized we HAD to go in another direction. If it takes us twenty ****ing coaches before we are in the NCAA's we STILL had to let Stansbury go.

drunkernhelldawg
02-22-2017, 12:03 PM
How many Walter Sharpe's, Romero Osby's, Ben Hansbrough's, Renardo Sidney's, Delk twins, Gary Ervin's and on and on and on and on was it going to take before you realized we HAD to go in another direction. If it takes us twenty ****ing coaches before we are in the NCAA's we STILL had to let Stansbury go.

Just to be clear, we had a choice. There was a mob of anti Sidney fans that demanded a head. However, the leader has the option of vetoing the wishes of the mob. In this case, he gave in instead.

smootness
02-22-2017, 12:29 PM
two things .

Holy crap, man.

Yes, it is an insane position.

Homedawg
02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
two things .

Freeze beat Saban twice, so that has to mean.....wait. That's just plain stupid just stop.

tcdog70
02-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Holy crap, man.

Yes, it is an insane position.

Coming from a man that said Rick Ray needs one more year and was a Lover of the Slytanic, your opinion is doesn't carry much weight with Me. Rick was 21-7 against the Rebels and never got beat in the Hump but once. So saying that Stansbury has been a better coach at MSU than Howland is insane? Rick never lost twice to Ole Miss in the same Year but beat them twice several time and one year beat them 3 times. We have only lost to OM in the Hump but 5 times. So i will say it again , I think Howland is a top 5 Coach but Stans has been a Better Coach at MSU--SO FAR. Why did UCLA fire Ben after He went to 4 final fours? They must have had a reason. You know every ****ing thing so answer that. Inquiring minds want to know.

smootness
02-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Coming from a man that said Rick Ray needs one more year and was a Lover of the Slytanic, your opinion is doesn't carry much weight with Me. Rick was 21-7 against the Rebels and never got beat in the Hump but once. So saying that Stansbury has been a better coach at MSU than Howland is insane? Rick never lost twice to Ole Miss in the same Year but beat them twice several time and one year beat them 3 times. We have only lost to OM in the Hump but 5 times. So i will say it again , I think Howland is a top 5 Coach but Stans has been a Better Coach at MSU--SO FAR. Why did UCLA fire Ben after He went to 4 final fours? They must have had a reason. You know every ****ing thing so answer that. Inquiring minds want to know.

What is crap like this? As though you don't portray your opinion in a similar way?

Resumes of two different coaches:

Coach A:
21 seasons
429-236 record
10 NCAA Tournaments
8 conference championships
5 Sweet 16s
3 Final Fours
NCAA Tournament w/ 3 different programs

Coach B:
15 seasons
303-176 record
6 NCAA Tournaments
1 conference championship
0 Sweet 16s
0 Final Fours
NCAA Tournament w/ 1 program

Now make an argument that Coach B is better without sounding insane.

Saying Stans was better at State is absurd. This is Howland's second year. How on earth could he have done more at State than Stans? That's just an insane way of trying to make it look as though we don't know who's better. If we had hired Coach K, would it be unclear who was the better coach at State?

I've been wrong before, and I've admitted when I was. I liked Croom and wanted him to succeed. I didn't think he should have been fired when he was, but as soon as we hired Mullen, I was more than ok with it. And in hindsight, he should have been fired when he was.

I liked Rick Ray and wanted him to succeed. I was ok with firing him when we eventually did, and I was certainly more than ok with it when we hired Howland.

I really liked Stans and still do, and wanted him to succeed. I was as big a Stans supporter as you would find anywhere. I said before his last year that it was a crucial year for him and that we had to have results with that team. We didn't, and I said it was time to move on. Because it was. It took a while, but we will soon be in a better spot than Stans had us since 2004.