PDA

View Full Version : Out of all the pitchers that saw action

MaroonFlounder
02-19-2017, 10:37 PM
We didn't see Billingsly or Mahoney. Are they injured?

The only one that should not have played is Parker Ford. He's clearly not ready yet. All the others at least showed some promise.

msstate7
02-19-2017, 10:39 PM
No breaux. I'm guessing he's Tuesday night

The Federalist Engineer
02-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Unless injured or something , it was strange to see Gordon see action before Billingsley or Mahoney.

Homedawg
02-19-2017, 10:44 PM
No breaux. I'm guessing he's Tuesday night

Breaux has struggled a ton. Don't know what the plans are for him.

Homedawg
02-19-2017, 10:45 PM
We have a 32 man roster. I starting the year 3 behind the 8 ball really sucks.

msstate7
02-19-2017, 10:45 PM
Breaux has struggled a ton. Don't know what the plans are for him.

Any idea on Tuesday starter?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Hadn't seen anyone mention this but looking at our baseball roster on Hailstate, I didn't see Logan Cook's name. Guess he didn't made the cut.

The Federalist Engineer
02-19-2017, 10:59 PM

Many options, maybe throw a different guy every inning

(1) Breaux - To get him going
(2) McQuary - I see a Jonathan Holder in him
(3) Ford - To show confidence and get him going
(4) Billingsley - Because he was forgotten on the 1st weekend
(5) Barlow - Cape Cod kid that did between ok and good Summer and Fall

DLGDawg
02-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Correct

Guess he didn't made the cut.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2017, 12:00 AM
Jake Mangum is supposed to pitch for us too. We have more options on the mound than I gave us credit for coming into the season. If we had our four elite/very good pitchers heathy that were lost to TJ this year, we would have a scary good staff.

Todd4State
02-20-2017, 01:43 AM

Billingsley and Breaux would be my guesses. Breaux had been pitching one inning at a time in the spring scrimmages so I'm leaning towards Billingsley. As I said those are guesses.

Todd4State
02-20-2017, 01:50 AM
Many options, maybe throw a different guy every inning

(1) Breaux - To get him going
(2) McQuary - I see a Jonathan Holder in him
(3) Ford - To show confidence and get him going
(4) Billingsley - Because he was forgotten on the 1st weekend
(5) Barlow - Cape Cod kid that did between ok and good Summer and Fall

I think we definitely need to try to get the guys in that didn't pitch this weekend some action. I don't know about throwing Ford again this soon just because of his recent Tommy John though. If it were me I would probably start Breaux and hope for three innings or 50 pitches whichever one comes first and see what happens and then go to Billingsley. Then I would go with Mahoney for an inning. That should get us to about the seventh inning or so. I'd go back to McQuary and Barlow again. I'd also let Blake Smith start an inning clean and see how he does.

We might actually see more guys pitch this weekend since we aren't playing a top 25 opponent so in theory there is a little more margin for error.

CadaverDawg
02-20-2017, 08:37 AM
I was impressed with Riley Self, and I think Plumlee, Price, and Ashcraft will all play a major role this year. We need a few lefty's to step up. Pilk will be fine, and Cyr settled down after a rough start. Riley Self just handled himself like a future stud. Very impressive

msstate7
02-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Looks like tomorrow could be a rain out. Hope it holds off... think we could get some new faces some PT tomorrow