PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Opening Weekend Edition

Coach34
02-19-2017, 12:24 PM
I apologize to RP- but I will step in and make a post today.

1. Pilkington should be very good for us this. Not sure he is a #1- but he will compete and has good stuff. We run worse out there on Friday's before for damn sure.
2. Gridley will remain our SS- but he needs to tighten up. You don't base anything off a 2 game performance in very cool weather- but he is a guy we need to get rolling in order to be successful.
3. Glad to see Belmont off to a good start.
4. The guy from Washington looks the part of a player. Hopefully he doesn't play like Jane
5. Talked to Coach Grantham for awhile. Really like this guy. He believes in pressure and hitting the QB. This is the hire Mullen needed to make 5 years ago- but better late than never. 2 gap philosophy and hates rushing only 3 guys. Something many of us have been wanting on defense. Mentioned Sweat and how he should end up being an impact player. Wants to crank up Simmons motor to run higher. Love this hire
6. Talked to Coach English awhile as well. Great guy and he is also happy to be in Sville. He is still just learning about the guys because he hasn't been here too long- but did say Bryant looks the part and his level of play needs to match. Brought up Cleveland returning and his intelligence. Really wants to upgrade our cerebral side of the game. Really excited about our defensive hires.
7. Coach English now knows who the Shitbirds in Mississippi are
8. Q is not an NBA player and a 4 year college player. He gets beat off the dribble too much to play in the NBA.
9. Peters hates losing more than anybody on our basketball team. It kills him. I really like him and he is going to be a good SEC PG.
10. We don't get passes into the block for some reason. We'll have great position after working out ass off and the wing guys won't make the entry pass for some reason. That's another reason we don't draw more fouls.
11. Saturday's D against Fla was about the best this team can play. Just couldn't make shots with open looks.
12. All our football coaches are well aware how crucial this upcoming year is for recruiting. The 2018 class likely only has about 15 signees. Coaches will be fighting hard to get Mullen to sign off on their guy.
13. Word is OM is going to replace USC as the new standard of penalties by the NCAA. That came from someone that should know about things like that.

Glad to step in today and make a post. Keep up the good work and HailState guys

C34

Big4Dawg
02-19-2017, 12:52 PM
This was a very random post....

msbulldog
02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Good to hear from you 34, I hope all is well with you.

thf24
02-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Just to clarify, Grantham told you he is running a 2 gap scheme? I thought talk was that he moved to a 1 gap at Louisville and would do the same here.

bulldawg28
02-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Great post

BrunswickDawg
02-19-2017, 01:35 PM
So if English knows who the Shitbirds are in Mississippi, does that mean he now knows how he inspired such a great "term of endearment?" If so, bravo C34!

SDDawg
02-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Glad to see C34 back. Maybe he can run RP off the board... **

Coach34
02-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Just to clarify, Grantham told you he is running a 2 gap scheme? I thought talk was that he moved to a 1 gap at Louisville and would do the same here.

my guess would be that some of both will happen. Didn't sound like he was much of a slanter- so gap responsibility most times will be based off alignment

PassInterference
02-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Fist bump.

lastmajordog
02-19-2017, 02:42 PM

ShotgunDawg
02-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Coach, seeing your avatar is like seeing a throwback uniform that you loved.

Reason2succeed
02-19-2017, 07:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkvsiGFHy2k&sns=em

GTHOM
02-19-2017, 11:07 PM
my guess would be that some of both will happen. Didn't sound like he was much of a slanter- so gap responsibility most times will be based off alignment

Unless we find a legit NFL DL we'd better not be 2 gapping

preachermatt83
02-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Great post!