PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi's "Sgt. Schultz" Print Media Vs. UNM Investigation

Goldendawg
02-17-2017, 08:22 PM
I ran into a longtime, well respected, veteran member of the Ms. print media a couple of weeks ago and asked him, "Why haven't y'all written about the Ole Miss investigation?" He replied, "They won't tell us anything." I said, "you can't write about the NOA and what they have admitted to?". There was no further response from him. Investigative reporting is either dead in our state, they don't have the $ or staff to investigate anymore, or don't want to tee off the rebs, maybe all three. Finebaum was also taking up for the Beav again this week and actually said he thought the NCAA was really fishing when they offered immunity to players to speak up. I look forward to him eating his words when it all comes down. Said he asked Hugh and Hugh also knows nothing. As Trump says, most of the media is the worse. Hail State and it is coming and it's getting closer each day!

Dawgology
02-17-2017, 08:54 PM
That's what these dumbasses don't realize. That goes for UNM and the state media. They are delaying the inevitable...there is no stopping this. Each day that passes without them talking nor reporting on it just makes them look more foolish than they already do.

Tbonewannabe
02-17-2017, 09:15 PM
That's what these dumbasses don't realize. That goes for UNM and the state media. They are delaying the inevitable...there is no stopping this. Each day that passes without them talking nor reporting on it just makes them look more foolish than they already do.

They don't care obviously.

West Tn Dawg
02-17-2017, 09:50 PM
They are to deep now to come out. They must ride it out and see where they land.

gravedigger
02-17-2017, 10:25 PM
I ran into a longtime, well respected, veteran member of the Ms. print media a couple of weeks ago and asked him, "Why haven't y'all written about the Ole Miss investigation?" He replied, "They won't tell us anything." I said, "you can't write about the NOA and what they have admitted to?". There was no further response from him. Investigative reporting is either dead in our state, they don't have the $ or staff to investigate anymore, or don't want to tee off the rebs, maybe all three. Finebaum was also taking up for the Beav again this week and actually said he thought the NCAA was really fishing when they offered immunity to players to speak up. I look forward to him eating his words when it all comes down. Said he asked Hugh and Hugh also knows nothing. As Trump says, most of the media is the worse. Hail State and it is coming and it's getting closer each day!

Finebaum won't have to eat his words. He's creating a bigger story. Nobody cares about the devil everyone knows. They want to hear about the fallen angels. It's a better story later if Hugh is believed to be an angel now.

Everyone gets sucked in. There is no compelling story if the media says "I told you so".

That is for message board trolls.

Eta:

The cl gets to have it both ways. They want to say to the financiers that they kept their mouth shut as paid to do.

The tell the rest of us they ultimately told the big story when it could be proven.

Only people that know the difference are the scumbags and us who followed the investigation of Msu in the early 2000's.

The cl is a message board in print.

Schultzy
02-17-2017, 10:28 PM
The state of Mississippi's journalists, doctors and attorneys come from OM. If you want a career in journalism in this state you better damn well toe the line.

OM people run the state of Mississippi. No wonder we are 50th in everything but Aerospace Engineering.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-18-2017, 12:26 AM
"Finebaum won't have to eat his words. He's creating a bigger story. Nobody cares about the devil everyone knows. They want to hear about the fallen angels. It's a better story later if Hugh is believed to be an angel now."

This right here ^^^^

Have seen it too many times to count in my 20 yrs here in AL. Finebaum knows what's up, he's just building a crescendo.

Reason2succeed
02-18-2017, 07:34 AM
Finebaum is just a tool. He also doesn't want to piss off the OM fanbase prematurely. He wants those sh!tbirds to see his show as a sanctuary for their insanity. If he bashes them now they will just stop watching and calling in.

Be patient. In due season the sh!t will hit the fan and there will be nothing that anyone can do about it. Clean out your DVR because you will want to record every Finebaum episode when for five days straight every call is about the OM investigation and the nuns (Nutts up north) are calling in having complete meltdowns on air. It's going to be glorious.

Liverpooldawg
02-18-2017, 11:28 AM
The state of Mississippi's journalists, doctors and attorneys come from OM. If you want a career in journalism in this state you better damn well toe the line.

OM people run the state of Mississippi. No wonder we are 50th in everything but Aerospace Engineering.

I don't know about who is in their law school but we have as many people that go to all the schools at the medical center as they do.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't know about who is in their law school but we have as many people that go to all the schools at the medical center as they do.

If not more, actually.

TheRef
02-18-2017, 11:31 AM

We do put in more students into their Med school than they do. Credit the Biomed Engineering degree for that.

Tripp McNeely
02-18-2017, 11:34 AM

Don't know how much it's changed in 15 years, but when I was in law school there, it was probably 40% om undergrads, 30% State undergrads, 30% miscellaneous undergrads

Jack Lambert
02-18-2017, 11:44 AM

In 20 years the doctor thing will balance out. That DO school at William Carey University is getting bigger every year.

IMissJack
02-18-2017, 03:00 PM

I would think that OM runs a lot less than they used to. Since most of their students are not from MS and will never live there, I expect their influence to continue to decrease.