PDA

View Full Version : Sammon with a hell of an article on Cannizaro

PassInterference
02-17-2017, 10:21 AM
I had written of the CL completely until I got wind of this..

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2017/02/16/andy-cannizaro-wants-msu-extension-himself/97958094/

GREAT, great read on Coach Cannizaro. The CL hasn't put out an article that good since Rick Cleveland left. I look forward to reading more of his articles on us.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Really good article. This is the type of work I expect out of the state's largest newspaper.

If only they'd put this much effort into the Investigation Up North

smootness
02-17-2017, 10:38 AM
So you guys are subscribers? I can't read it.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2017, 10:39 AM
So you guys are subscribers? I can't read it.

Erase your history & it'll reset

K9 Avenger
02-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Great article. If that's indicative of Sammon's writing going forward, I wouldn't expect him to be around very long....sadly, the writers with talent never are anymore.

smootness
02-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Erase your history & it'll reset

Beautiful

bulldog2488
02-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Also, if you have Google Chrome browser, you can open an "incognito browser" that allows you to keep viewing articles and get past the pay wall.

maroonmania
02-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Sammon should be a significant improvement over Bonner at least from getting a little more positive spin from our beat writer. The CL sports section is still a POS though and will still do whatever is necessary to protect the Plantation.

fader2103
02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Also, if you have Google Chrome browser, you can open an "incognito browser" that allows you to keep viewing articles and get past the pay wall.

if your new to google chrome what is incognito browser?

smootness
02-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Dude is telling a 5'7" infielder he won't be a 20-HR guy? Pshh. Should have hired Rouge.

bulldog2488
02-17-2017, 11:03 AM
if your new to google chrome what is incognito browser?

It still tracks your browsing history, but it basically prevents your web cache from being used. So, essentially if you keep opening incognito browsers you can keep viewing the paid articles. It makes the site think you haven't opened any before. Somebody that is more tech inclined than me could probably explain it better than I just did!

smootness
02-17-2017, 11:10 AM
It still tracks your browsing history, but it basically prevents your web cache from being used. So, essentially if you keep opening incognito browsers you can keep viewing the paid articles. It makes the site think you haven't opened any before. Somebody that is more tech inclined than me could probably explain it better than I just did!

It doesn't track your browsing history, either.

gtowndawg
02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Side note but I spoke to Tim Dulin (baseball guru here in the Memphis area) and asked him about Cannizaro. He literally could not be more high on Cannizaro and said he would probably wipe up in recruiting and get basically who he wants. That's coming from someone that knows. Cohen knew exactly what he was doing.

smootness
02-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Side note but I spoke to Tim Dulin (baseball guru here in the Memphis area) and asked him about Cannizaro. He literally could not be more high on Cannizaro and said he would probably wipe up in recruiting and get basically who he wants. That's coming from someone that knows. Cohen knew exactly what he was doing.

Cannizaro is a potential grand slam hire, no doubt about it. We'll have to wait and see what he does, but everything you want is there. And he's already at a monster SEC program, so there's really no incentive for him to go elsewhere unless at some point he feels drawn back to Tulane. But they already passed over him once, so he may have moved on forever.

SaintDawg
02-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Smells like a championship brewing to me. Great read!

MarketingBully
02-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Great article on Coach Cannizaro. He definitely has my support and has a pedigree of success. Very excited to see how he does here.

JoseBrown
02-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Great article. No kidding, Sammon keep putting out like that he'll be gone from us soon. And, we gonna be a good hitting team at some point soon if not today!! And I'm ready to see our infield play. If our pitchers can keep it in the park and not walk lots, we got a shot...

maroonmania
02-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Great article. No kidding, Sammon keep putting out like that he'll be gone from us soon. And, we gonna be a good hitting team at some point soon if not today!! And I'm ready to see our infield play. If our pitchers can keep it in the park and not walk lots, we got a shot...

Should be an exciting brand of baseball. I'm ready to see it!