PDA

View Full Version : UNM hires Freddie Roach as D-line coach

blacklistedbully
02-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Roach, the former Alabama linebacker and current director of player development, is expected to be named as the new defensive line coach at Ole Miss, according to multiple reports.

Roach, a Florence native and Brooks High alum who spent the last two seasons in a vital off-the-field role at his alma mater, last served as a defensive ends/outside linebackers coach at South Alabama from 2013-14 after one-year stints at Murray State (2012) and East Mississippi Community College (2011).

Great player, but is this really the best they can now do? A guy who has spent the past 2 seasons as an off-field assistant, and half his coaching career as a S&C coach?

Saltydog
02-16-2017, 04:53 PM
It's all about the stars w/that bunch.........

RougeDawg
02-16-2017, 04:57 PM
With the shit storm brewing in Oxford, they'll be looking at many more womens high school basketball coaches to fill their roster for the next decade.

KB21
02-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Alabama looks to be hiring Brian Daboll as offensive coordinator.

RocketDawg
02-16-2017, 05:37 PM

Why would they choose him? I've never heard of him and assume he's not a household name. Had to look him up to see who he is. MSU is living proof that hiring someone from the NFL isn't necessarily a godsend. I suppose Saban has done his homework ... but considering the last two OC's he's hired, I'm not so sure.

Todd4State
02-16-2017, 05:59 PM

He has been an OC in the NFL and was a grad assistant under Saban.

Dawgology
02-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Why would they choose him? I've never heard of him and assume he's not a household name. Had to look him up to see who he is. MSU is living proof that hiring someone from the NFL isn't necessarily a godsend. I suppose Saban has done his homework ... but considering the last two OC's he's hired, I'm not so sure.

I think I would probably trust Saban's instincts. Seems to me he has earned it.

archdog
02-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Name fits for those guys. Just need a Rat, a Lice, and a Termite to join the staff.

NYDawg
02-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Name fits for those guys. Just need a Rat, a Lice, and a Termite to join the staff.

Given the recent history of their big name recruits, Blunt, Bong and Joint would round it out too.

TUSK
02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Hell, I bet Freddie could start in OM's front 7 today... he was a solid player for bammer.

Reason2succeed
02-17-2017, 01:34 PM
"Coach Roach!"

notsofarawaydawg
02-17-2017, 02:20 PM
He might be looking to become the first AA head football coach at UNM. Might come true quicker than those idiots realize.

Reason2succeed
02-18-2017, 04:27 PM
He might be looking to become the first AA head football coach at UNM. Might come true quicker than those idiots realize.

I hope those tacky sh!t birds don't hire their first black coach to coach the biggest dumpster fire they've ever had. But I can't complain too much because hats basically what we did.