PDA

View Full Version : Womack's dad and Rosebowl twitter conversation.

AlSwearengen
02-16-2017, 01:11 PM
Can someone give me the cliff notes? Another board is saying that Womack's dad was telling rosebowl about olemiss boosters offering things. Somehow I have missed this twitter hacking episode.

bulldog2488
02-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Somebody else could shed more light on it than me, but yeah somebody hacked Steve's twitter account and leaked out conversations between them. Seems like I remember Ole Miss people thinking it was funny, but now it seems like some of that may come back to bite them especially if it ends up being in the amended NOA.

And by it I mean Ole Miss offering illegal benefits to the Womacks.

maroonmania
02-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Womack? I assume this not Floyd.

Thick
02-16-2017, 01:36 PM
The recruit and his parents would sit down w/ a coach to discuss the gameplan for recruit's future at OM. The coach would then be told by his secretary that someone needed to see him. He would step out, and a certain booster would then enter the room and lay out the financial package. The booster would then leave, and the coach would coincidently be back from his phone call/meeting.

msstate7
02-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Matt... signed with bama

missouridawg
02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
The link to the images of the messages is gone. Anyone save any of those?

JoseBrown
02-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Pork Chop!! Wish we had a few more of him right now...

maroonmania
02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Pork Chop!! Wish we had a few more of him right now...

Yep, me too!

Maroonandwhite
02-16-2017, 07:00 PM
One of the DM's had a conversation alleging that a prominent, in-state, OM booster offered a recruit's family the use of his private aircraft to visit the athlete in Oxford if he signed. Who knows if it's real? But it was one of several extremely interesting messages.

RocketDawg
02-16-2017, 07:07 PM
One of the DM's had a conversation alleging that a prominent, in-state, OM booster offered a recruit's family the use of his private aircraft to visit the athlete in Oxford if he signed. Who knows if it's real? But it was one of several extremely interesting messages.

Is the offer bad enough in the eyes of the NCAA? In other words, if he doesn't take them up on the offer ... is that just as bad as if he actually used the plane?

Maroonandwhite
02-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Who knows? The recruit's father stated they dropped OM from contention and he signed elsewhere. There was also information about a "taco man" and his alleged activities with a coach and recruits. Then there was another about a Starkville athlete. They were only on Imgur for a couple of hours late one night. They came and went like a poot in the breeze. I stumbled across the thread by accident. It was really entertaining though.

lamont
02-16-2017, 08:06 PM
The link to the images of the messages is gone. Anyone save any of those?

I'm betting Rosebowl and Mr Wommack have them...as does the NCAA

Saltydog
02-16-2017, 09:06 PM
was some conversation that it was a Rebel. I know that sounds weird considering what was leaked but seems like that was going around somewhere.

DancingRabbit
02-16-2017, 10:21 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6070&d=1487301496&thumb=1

ETA, if not cool to post please delete. Not sure if this is considered "public knowledge".

Maroonandwhite
02-16-2017, 10:44 PM
And there it is. Did you get screen shots of the others? If so, a refresher would be great.

DancingRabbit
02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6071&d=1487304576&thumb=1

Dallas_Dawg
02-16-2017, 11:23 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6071&d=1487304576&thumb=1
Dammmmnnnnnnnnn......
Tuouys are ****ed too

lamont
02-16-2017, 11:41 PM
9 over 3- the NCAA accepted their self-imposed penalties

preachermatt83
02-16-2017, 11:47 PM
I'll say the same thing I said when these first came out. There is no way in the world that is really Womack... he would not call the toueys "Taco Bell People".

Maroonandwhite
02-16-2017, 11:51 PM
I don't care if they're real or not. The rub that these may cause some unfriendly lurkers is my pleasure. Bring on more

Reason2succeed
02-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Now it makes sense why the Nkimdechee's would come from South Carolina and Tunsil would come from Georgia and Treadwell would come from Illinois to OM. Their family was getting private jet shuttle service. That's a nice perk for guys who are from as far away as they were. Meanwhile that means nothing to a Leo Lewis, Chris Jones, etc.

Bdawg
02-17-2017, 01:04 AM
I'll say the same thing I said when these first came out. There is no way in the world that is really Womack... he would not call the toueys "Taco Bell People".

Maybe he just didn't want to use their name in a message either. Not disagreeing, just saying.

RocketDawg
02-17-2017, 04:43 PM

Maybe he couldn't remember the name, or how to spell it. Or possibly just didn't want to call them out by name.

RougeDawg
02-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Now it makes sense why the Nkimdechee's would come from South Carolina and Tunsil would come from Georgia and Treadwell would come from Illinois to OM. Their family was getting private jet shuttle service. That's a nice perk for guys who are from as far away as they were. Meanwhile that means nothing to a Leo Lewis, Chris Jones, etc.

You are on to something here. Momma is usually the most influential person in a players decosoon. That's the reason most players choose programs in close proximity to their homes. Providing flights and houses for players that live far away clears up this issue of getting to watch their kid play.

What I still don't understand is the sure thrill and passion these OM boosters have in purchasing players? Do they jack off to it? I just don't see any excitement in spending my hard earned cash on a player, especially when saod player doesn't get developed by my coaching staff. They spent millions of dollars over the last 4-5 years and basically have the same record and success as we have had during that span and we even sat at #1 for 7 weeks. Maybe I'm washing my time attempting to look at this from a logical or analytical point of view but I just don't see it.

Ahh. After typing all of this I think I may have uncovered the real thrill they share as a fan base. Having the money and power to buy and control these players reminds them of the past they so strongly fight to hold on to. It's their modern day ownership of human beings. Makes perfect sense now why they put so much effort into and celebrate recruiting.

3rdGen
02-17-2017, 08:42 PM
That's deep bro!

Mutt the Hoople
02-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Ahh. After typing all of this I think I may have uncovered the real thrill they share as a fan base. Having the money and power to buy and control these players reminds them of the past they so strongly fight to hold on to. It's their modern day ownership of human beings. Makes perfect sense now why they put so much effort into and celebrate recruiting.
You might want to leave this on the Political Board. </sarc>

Bubb Rubb
02-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Is the offer bad enough in the eyes of the NCAA? In other words, if he doesn't take them up on the offer ... is that just as bad as if he actually used the plane?

Remember, the NCAA is not a court of law. They aren't looking for reasonable doubt. If this is verified, whether it ends up being used, the offer clearly shows intent, and allows you to draw a reasonable conclusion that they've done it before, and it opens the door for more questions and more interviews with others.